Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Happy Birthday Winslow Boy - 6 June

Happy Birthday today (6 June) to one of the Forum's long serving posters Winslow Boy, have a good day. Can you spot him in this team photo at Wembley Stadium in a Charity match:

No photo description available.

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Happy Birthday today (6 June) to one of the Forum's long serving posters Winslow Boy, have a good day. Can you spot him in this team photo at Wembley Stadium in a Charity match:

No photo description available.

I haven't got a clue what Winslow Boy looks like? ? but I would take a guess and say that he is in the back row some where ?? next to Ewan Thomas maybe? 

Anyway Happy Birthday WB #Keepposting

The photo is a real Who's Who isn't it, Alex Stewart, Mark Ramprakhash, Amir Khan, Ewan Thomas, Darren Campbell, Jeff Brazier and, er, Winslow Boy.

1 minute ago, Rhodes said:

The photo is a real Who's Who isn't it, Alex Stewart, Mark Ramprakhash, Amir Khan, Ewan Thomas, Darren Campbell, Jeff Brazier and, er, Winslow Boy.

What was the full line up?

I only recognise fifteen of the seventeen and, in no particular order, Sam Anderson, Jeff Brazier, Gary Beadle, James Baxter, Ewan Thomas, Jake Hendriks, Mark Ramprakhash, Ron Talforth, Alec Stewart, James Hooten, Steve Hart, Syed Ahmed, Amir Khan, Darren Campbell and Winslow Boy, I am sure he will let you know when he come on later and which one he is, keep guessing though as you were wrong first time albeit fairly warm. Its a great picture and he must treasure it.

Cheers chaps. Was a fun day. Not as good as playing in Jody Craddock’s testimonial though. I’ve got to say, looking at this picture I am aging like a fine wine. 

2 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I only recognise fifteen of the seventeen and, in no particular order, Sam Anderson, Jeff Brazier, Gary Beadle, James Baxter, Ewan Thomas, Jake Hendriks, Mark Ramprakhash, Ron Talforth, Alec Stewart, James Hooten, Steve Hart, Syed Ahmed, Amir Khan, Darren Campbell and Winslow Boy, I am sure he will let you know when he come on later and which one he is, keep guessing though as you were wrong first time albeit fairly warm. Its a great picture and he must treasure it.

You can name more than I can, missed James Hooten (Sam dingle) good player too. 

alex Stewart and Mark Ramprakash are bloody good footballers. Played in a back 3 with them. Nice blokes. 

22 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

You can name more than I can, missed James Hooten (Sam dingle) good player too. 

I'm told James Hooten's voice is 100% different to his Emmerdale character Sam Dingles voice ? ?  did you notice that when you were chatting to him when the team photo was being taken? ?

10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Not as good as playing in Jody Craddock’s testimonial though

Yes, that must have been an amazing day mate, I see you get a mention in this press article:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/05/06/jody-craddocks-testimonial-in-pictures/

12 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I'm told James Hooten's voice is 100% different to his Emmerdale character Sam Dingles voice ? ?  did you notice that when you were chatting to him when the team photo was being taken? ?

Worked with him, yes he’s totally different. He’s an excellent actor and lovely bloke. 

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, that must have been an amazing day mate, I see you get a mention in this press article:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/05/06/jody-craddocks-testimonial-in-pictures/

Made a great run, reckon I’d have scored too! ? was a good game and great day. 

3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Worked with him, yes he’s totally different. He’s an excellent actor and lovely bloke. 

I thought he was great in the Shane Meadows film Twenty Four Seven ?

How was it marking Quinn & Phillips in Jody Craddocks testimonia!? Are you friends with Jody Craddock?

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

?

Next to Sam Dingle ? ?

54 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I thought he was great in the Shane Meadows film Twenty Four Seven ?

How was it marking Quinn & Phillips in Jody Craddocks testimonia!? Are you friends with Jody Craddock?

Jody is a good pal. I played upfront, Jody switched sides so I was up against him, Darren Williams, Michael Gray and Matt Piper. Phillips and Quinn were brilliant, in fact Sunderland bossed most of it despite us having a number of the current Wolves team at that time playing (they were still drunk from night before, they’d just won league one title) I was happy with my contribution, kept it simple. I did mark Paul Dalglish a few years (more than a few) before in a game and had him in my pocket, few weeks later he had signed for Livingston before going to Hibs and then on to win MLS with Houston scoring twice in the final!

10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Jody is a good pal. I played upfront, Jody switched sides so I was up against him, Darren Williams, Michael Gray and Matt Piper. Phillips and Quinn were brilliant, in fact Sunderland bossed most of it despite us having a number of the current Wolves team at that time playing (they were still drunk from night before, they’d just won league one title) I was happy with my contribution, kept it simple. I did mark Paul Dalglish a few years (more than a few) before in a game and had him in my pocket, few weeks later he had signed for Livingston before going to Hibs and then on to win MLS with Houston scoring twice in the final!

Jody Craddock had a very good solid career didn't he esp with Sunderland FC? and Wolves FC? Won a couple of Championship medals as well.

I never really saw Dalglish Junior play. Any good?

Alex Rae played? He was a good solid player I always thought.

Daggers was always going to struggle in his dads shadow, he was a good player and was probably held back by following his dad to clubs too big for him. Jody had an excellent career after being plucked out of non league as a kid. Alex Rae was class, still is, if it wasn’t for the drink I’m sure he would have achieved even more. Super player and great engine. 

Winslow Boy - What was it like to actually tread, and play on, the hallowed turf of Wembley that day knowing Bobby Moore had lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy there in 1966, albeit well before you were born

5 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Daggers was always going to struggle in his dads shadow, he was a good player and was probably held back by following his dad to clubs too big for him. Jody had an excellent career after being plucked out of non league as a kid. Alex Rae was class, still is, if it wasn’t for the drink I’m sure he would have achieved even more. Super player and great engine. 

Alex Rae was superb for Millwall FC and he could score a goal or two.

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - What was it like to actually tread, and play on, the hallowed turf of Wembley that day knowing Bobby Moore had lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy there in 1966, albeit well before you were born

It was great, but it’s a very modern stadium so you didn’t get the sense of history really, pitch was decent but not amazing. Changing rooms felt like something from a movie set with all the comforts they had rather than football changing rooms. 

played away at Bognor once and their pitch was lovely. 

Winslow Boy - So did you have a nice birthday yesterday, what did you get up to, you're a pretty popular bloke aren't you, only Savagebee and myself greeted you on this thread.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - So did you have a nice birthday yesterday, what did you get up to, you're a pretty popular bloke aren't you, only Savagebee and myself greeted you on this thread.

Thank you. I got plenty of messages over the various social media and texts and calls. I spent it looking after my two boys, the. Nice little takeaway with the Mrs. 

Archived