Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

London Tigers FC

Various London Tigers photographs, coutesy of former Club photographer Ying Pan Wu, I see there are SSML Premier Division games against London Colney, Leverstock Green, Ampthill Town, AFC Dunstable, Berkhamsted, Biggleswade United, Colney Heath, Stotfold, Hoddesdon Town, Tring Athletic, Wembley and Kings Langley as well as at Berkhamsted in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round and at Brightlingsea Regent and Needham Market in the FA Cup Qualifying Round stages, all from the 2014/15 campaign:

London Tigers FC

Edited by Rhodes

• 4 weeks later...

Unusual photographs from Enfield 1893 v London Tigers, played at Coles Park on Friday 16 August 2013, in a 2013/14 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie resulting in a 0-0 stalemate with London Tigers winning the replay 2-1 the following Tuesday at their so called Hidden Gem home. Unfortunately the Club, who were then in the SSML Premier Division, fell at the next hurdle to St Margaretsbury losing 1-0 at Station Road, it was the Club first 'foray' in the FA Cup under the London Tigers banner having changed names from Kingsbury London Tigers shortly before and Kingsbury Town prior to that:

Enfield 1893 v London Tigers

Edited by Rhodes

In posts above you refer to Avenue Park, (the Hidden Gem), and London Tigers, and say 'they can't play at Spratley's Meadow forever'.

I was at Tigers' last game at Northwood, in April 2019, and spoke to some of their officials afterwards.  Although a little down in the mouth, as their defeat meant that they'd just finished bottom and therefore been relegated, the general feeling was one of optimism.  They were pleased to be leaving Northwood, and were really upbeat about 'going home', and moving into the Spikes Bridge Complex at Southall, where they were expecting to be playing all their games from then on.  I note that the Complex is mentioned on the list of 3g pitches you recently posted.

They were all quite confident that it was going to happen, so why it didn't, I don't know.

On 07/02/2021 at 04:04, agamemnon3 said:

In posts above you refer to Avenue Park, (the Hidden Gem), and London Tigers, and say 'they can't play at Spratley's Meadow forever'.

I was at Tigers' last game at Northwood, in April 2019, and spoke to some of their officials afterwards.  Although a little down in the mouth, as their defeat meant that they'd just finished bottom and therefore been relegated, the general feeling was one of optimism.  They were pleased to be leaving Northwood, and were really upbeat about 'going home', and moving into the Spikes Bridge Complex at Southall, where they were expecting to be playing all their games from then on.  I note that the Complex is mentioned on the list of 3g pitches you recently posted.

They were all quite confident that it was going to happen, so why it didn't, I don't know.

When I last went to the Spikes Bridge Complex it was just a 3g pitch in a cage with changing rooms. If they were a Step 7 club they might be able to play there ?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an intereting one, when London Tigers were still Kingsbury Town back in the day and played Tottenham Hotspur at Silver Jubilee Park in a 1988/89 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup tie on Thursday 9 February 1989 when an Isthmian League Division One side. Kingsbury Town won 3-0:

KINGSBURY TOWN v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR    1988/89  Middlesex Charity Cup

May be an image of grass and text that says "futbology On this day 32 years ago you were here: futbology Kingsbury Town 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur 9 Feb 1989 Silver Jubilee Park"

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Here's an intereting one, when London Tigers were still Kingsbury Town back in the day and played Tottenham Hotspur at Silver Jubilee Park in a 1988/89 Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup tie on Thursday 9 February 1989 when an Isthmian League Division One side. Kingsbury Town won 3-0:

KINGSBURY TOWN v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR    1988/89  Middlesex Charity Cup

May be an image of grass and text that says "futbology On this day 32 years ago you were here: futbology Kingsbury Town 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur 9 Feb 1989 Silver Jubilee Park"

I wonder who was in the Spurs line up that day ?

Savagebee - GRS67 might be able to throw some light on it, he might even have been in attendance. All I know is that Nayim played for Tottenham and they were kicked to pieces on the night by a very good Kingsbury Town team at that time who I believe reached both the Middlesex FA Senior Challenge Cup and the Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Finals that season and finished a decent eighth in the table.

• 3 months later...

London Tigers will be hoping to regroup in the two months ahead and not be left red faced again as was the case this season when losing all nine of their League games played prior to the curtailment of the campaign. Boss Joe Croft can perhaps count himself lucky to still be in work however a change of scenery may well do the trick next season when meeting Burton Park Wanderers, Irchester United, Kidlington Reserves, Letchworth Garden City Eagles, Long Crendon, Northampton Sileby Rangers, Penn & Tylers Green, Raunds Town, Rushden & Higham United, Thame Rangers and Wellingborough Whitworth in a new look Division One following the restructuring of the National League System at Steps 4-6 level:

Billede

Some serious away day traveling for London Tigers FC next season ? 

Savagebee - I assume the Club will still be groundsharing with Amersham Town at Spatleys Meadow next season, it must be costing them a pretty penny to do so and I wonder whether they will ever return to the so called Hidden Gem and what sort of condition it is in now following the disgraceful fly tipping episode: 

London Tigers football pitch left in ruins by travellers | Daily Mail Online

On 24/05/2021 at 21:20, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I assume the Club will still be groundsharing with Amersham Town at Spatleys Meadow next season, it must be costing them a pretty penny to do so and I wonder whether they will ever return to the so called Hidden Gem and what sort of condition it is in now following the disgraceful fly tipping episode: 

London Tigers football pitch left in ruins by travellers | Daily Mail Online

Can't see them going back there and i don't know how they survive in the current climate to be honest ?