Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clubs Pre-Season Plans

As we edge towards normality and we hope to sometime soon hear of a potential season start date, what is everyone's opinions of what clubs should and shouldn't be doing at the moment? Some clubs are well into their training and announcing players commitments (for what they are worth) whilst others are holding fire until we have an idea on when we will be starting. With players these days having their heads turned so easily, are clubs missing a trick by holding off their pre-season plans?

Opinions Opinions 433 - I didn't want your thread to go the same way as Buck Rogers a while back on Ground Gradings where he got no replies to a really good question. I wasn't aware that Club's were holding off with their pre-season plans as they would be fools to, it will be interesting to know what Joes is doing for example at Leighton Town and whether he is already putting the lads through their paces or soon will be. I'm also sure the likes of Rob Bates at Baldock Town, Cristian Colas at Biggleswade United, Stuart Atkins at Oxhey Jets and Marce Collington at London Colney are chomping at the bit to get started in their new roles, Marce in particular can't sit still for five minutes. Don't worry as I'm tied to my keyboard waiting to start the Pre-Season Friendlies thread, unless PetetheGreek wishes to as I don't want to tread on his toes. 

19 hours ago, Opinions Opinions 433 said:

As we edge towards normality and we hope to sometime soon hear of a potential season start date, what is everyone's opinions of what clubs should and shouldn't be doing at the moment? Some clubs are well into their training and announcing players commitments (for what they are worth) whilst others are holding fire until we have an idea on when we will be starting. With players these days having their heads turned so easily, are clubs missing a trick by holding off their pre-season plans?

I think a lot of clubs are quietly working away. There will be revolving doors as ever with players early on (and most of the season to be fair). I believe clubs have had conversations about friendlies but they may not happen and just go straight into the season which makes sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I believe clubs have had conversations about friendlies but they may not happen and just go straight into the season which makes sense to me. 

So what about PetetheGreek's pre-season friendlies thread on here, that's the highlight of his year particularly as he isn't being given anymore SSML Cup Finals

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So what about PetetheGreek's pre-season friendlies thread on here, that's the highlight of his year particularly as he isn't being given anymore SSML Cup Finals

?

im sure there will be some but my suspicion is that as soon as football is given the all clear at this level people will want to not waste more time and just get the season under way. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Rhodes stop it ?

22 hours ago, Opinions Opinions 433 said:

A friend of mine who is a secretary at a Step 7 club has already got some pre season games lined up ?

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

?

im sure there will be some but my suspicion is that as soon as football is given the all clear at this level people will want to not waste more time and just get the season under way. 

Archived