Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Recommended Posts

Over 70 photographs, courtesy of Joanna Ginger, and match programme from Bedfont & Feltham v Winslow United on Saturday 15 September 2018 in a 2018/19 FA Vase Second Qualifying Round tie, Combined Counties League Division One Bedfont & Feltham won 2-0:

https://www.bedfontandfelthamfc.co.uk/downloads/bedfelt/Winslow-United(1).pdf

Bedfont & Feltham V Winslow Utd 15th Sept 2018

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/10/2020 at 19:38, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - I see that the old Buckingham Road Stadium has an application to build 42 houses on it, the site was sold to unscrupulous developers GPS Estates Limited last year who outbid the Football Club by about £300k, sadly demolition of the site started earlier this year. See some of the documentation below:

https://publicaccess.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QHJ3H7CLIPM00

Winslow Boy - You called this an absolute tragedy and you're not far off the mark, these unscrupulous developers who just have pound signs in front of their eyes and nothing more should be shot at dawn or hung drawn and quartered, they couldn't care a less about the beautiful game and the numerous iconic old stadiums we have sadly lost:

Billede

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 18/07/2020 at 12:10, Rhodes said:

Did anyone happen to spot Winslow Boy in these photographs (click on the link) from the Winslow United Veterans v Marsh Gibbon Veterans friendly fixture at Elmfields Gate on Sunday 30 July 2017, it turned out that both Sports Shots photographers, Andy Bone and Dale James were in attendance:

Winslow United Vets v Marsh Gibbon Vets | Flickr

1

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 200 photographs and the match programme from St Panteleimon v Winslow United in a 2019/20 SSML Division One fixture, played at Rectory Park on Saturday 29 February 2020, St Panteleimon won 2-1 with Sean Coles netting for the visitors:

St-Panteleimon-FC-Match-Programme-29.2.20-1.pdf (st-panteleimon.org)

St Panteleimon v Winslow United SSMFL

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Photographs from Park View v Winslow United in a 2019/20 SSML Division One fixture, at the New River Sports Centre on Wednesday 20 November 2019, Winslow United won a thriller 4-3 with goals from Ty Deacon, Sam Oyediran and a brace from Simon King:

Park View v Winslow United SSMFL

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2020 at 01:54, Rhodes said:

Did anyone happen to spot Winslow Boy in these photographs (click on the link) from the Winslow United Veterans v Marsh Gibbon Veterans friendly fixture at Elmfields Gate on Sunday 30 July 2017, it turned out that both Sports Shots photographers, Andy Bone and Dale James were in attendance:

Winslow United Vets v Marsh Gibbon Vets | Flickr

1

I did. Should’ve comfortably won the game, they’d won the league and were pretty well set up. We hadn’t all played together in a long time, took us a while to get going but when we did we dominated the game, just missed too many chances. 

Edited by Winslow Boy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just adding an additional photograph album (highlighted) to the list posted earlier of Winslow United matches contained within this Sports Shots link, courtesy of their excellent photographer Andy Bone:
 
 
Winslow United 2 Newport Pagnell Town 1, FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round 2 September 2020, page 1 
Winslow United 1 Buckingham Athletic 0, SSML Division One, 28 December 2019, page 1 
Winslow United 2 Brimsdown 1, SSML Division One, 2 November 2019, page 1 
Winslow United 3 Marlow United 2, Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 2nd Round, 12 October 2019, page 1 
Winslow United 3 Ampthill Town 2, SSML Division One, 5 Octobber 2019, page 1 
Winslow United 8 Milton Keynes Robins 0, SSML Division One, 6 August 2019, page 1
Winslow United v Dunstable Town, Pre-Season Friendly, 18 July 2019, page 1 
Winslow United 3 Hatfield Town 1, SSML Division One, 16 March 2019, page 1 
Buckingham Athletic 2 Winslow United 1, BSCC Semi Final First Leg, 26 February 2019, page 1 
Buckingham Athletic 2 Winslow United 1, Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 3rd Round, 3 November 2018, page 1 
Winslow United 5 Amersham Town 2, SSML Division One, 16 October 2018, page 1 
Winslow United 5 Langford 0, SSML Division One, 22 September 2018, page 1
Winslow United 2 Brimsdown 2 (6-5 on pens), SSML Challenge Trophy First Round, 28 August 2018, page 1
Winslow United 2 Easington Sports 2, FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, 10 August 2018, page 1
Winslow United 3 FC Broxbourne Borough 0, SSML Division One, 3 May 2018, page 1
Winslow United 2 Langley 1, Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy Quarter Final, 17 February 2018, page 1
Winslow United 4 Olney Town 1, BSCC First Round, 21 November 2017, page 1
Winslow United Squad Photographs 2017/18 season 
Winslow United Reserves 4 Elmhurst 1, Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup 3rd Round, 11 November 2017
Winslow United 6 Codicote 0, SSML Division One, 21 October 2017, page 1 
Buckingham Town 1 Winslow United 4, Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 2nd Round, 14 October 2017
Winslow United 4 Hillingdon Borough 0, SSML Division One, 30 September 2017, page 1
Olney Town 2 Winslow United 5, Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 1st Round, 16 September 2017, page 1
Winslow United 6 Codicote 0, SSML Division One Cup 1st Round, 29 August 2017, page 2 
Winslow United Veterans v Marsh Gibbon Veterans, Friendly, 30 July 2017, page 2 
Old Bradwell United 0 Winslow United 5, Pre-Season Friendly, 27 July 2017, page 2
Winslow United 0 Swindon XI 3, Pre-Season Friendly, 11 July 2017, page 2 
Olney Town 5 Winslow United 2, BSCC Final, 1 May 2017, page 2
Buckingham Athletic 5 Winslow United 0, SSML Division One, 15 April 2017, page 2
Winslow United 2 Ampthill Town 1, SSML Division One, 9 August 2016, page 2
Thame United 2 Winslow United 2, Pre-Season Friendly,  21 July 2016, page 2
Winslow United 1 Southall 1, SSML Division One, 2 May 2016, page 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice photographs of leafy Winslow itself, there appears to be more to the place than just Elmfields Gate:

Winslow

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Nice photographs of leafy Winslow itself, there appears to be more to the place than just Elmfields Gate:

Winslow

Tony Blair nearly bought that after his stint as prime minister. Cracking place, one of it not the only private residence left that was designed by Christopher Wren I believe. The Bell Hotel on the opposite side of the road has an interesting history and claims allegedly to be the most exclusive bar in England having once denied entry to a prince of Wales in the 18th/19th C because he was dressed inappropriately, still in his hunting gear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rather than continually post albums of photographs, courtesy of the other Sports Shots photographer Dale James, from past Winslow United matches, here is a summary of what is incorporated in his Flickr link. Winslow Boy will no doubt have been at some of the games and played, if that's the right word, in Winslow United Vets v Marsh Gibbon Vets on 30 July 2017:
 
 
Risborough Rangers 2 Winslow United 1, FA Cup Preliminary Round, 12 September 20 (page 1)  
St Panteleimon 2 Winslow United 1, SSML Division One, 29 February 2020 (page 1)  
Park View 3 Winslow United 4, SSML Division One, 20 November 2019 (page 1)
Shefford Town & Campton 2 Winslow United 6, SSML Division One, 26 October 2019 (page 1)
Winslow United 2 Roman Glass St George 3, FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, 11 August 2019 (page 2)
Aylesbury FC 0 Winslow United 1, BSCC Final, 6 May 2019 (page 2)
Winslow United 5 Buckingham Athletic 2, BSCC Semi Final 2nd Leg, 16 April 2019 (page 2)
Winslow United 3 Ampthill Town 1, SSML Division One, 26 January 2019 (page 2)
Buckingham Athletic 2 Winslow United 1, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 3rd Round, 3 November 2018 (page 2)
Great Horwood 1 Winslow United 7, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 2nd Round, 6 October 2018 (page 3)
Mursley United 2 Winslow United 3, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 1st Round, 8 September 2018 (page 3)
Easington Sports 2 Winslow United 0, FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round Replay, 14 August 2018 (page 3)
Buckingham Athletic 3 Winslow United 2, SSML Division One, 7 August 2018 (page 3)
Winslow United 1 Buckingham Athletic 3, SSML Division One, 23 December 2017 (page 3)
Winslow United Vets v Marsh Gibbon Vets, Charity Match, 30 July 2017 (page 4)
Winslow United 6 Leighton Town 1, Pre Season Friendly, 18 July 2017 (page 4)
Olney Town 5 Winslow United 2, BSCC Final, 1 May 2017 (page 4)
Grendon Rangers 0 Winslow United 4, BSCC Semi Final 2nd Leg, 12 April 2017 (page 4)
Winslow United 1 Buckingham Athletic 2, SSML Division One, 27 December 2016 (page 5)
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhodes said:
Rather than continually post albums of photographs, courtesy of the other Sports Shots photographer Dale James, from past Winslow United matches, here is a summary of what is incorporated in his Flickr link. Winslow Boy will no doubt have been at some of the games and played, if that's the right word, in Winslow United Vets v Marsh Gibbon Vets on 30 July 2017:
 
 
Risborough Rangers 2 Winslow United 1, FA Cup Preliminary Round, 12 September 20 (page 1)  
St Panteleimon 2 Winslow United 1, SSML Division One, 29 February 2020 (page 1)  
Park View 3 Winslow United 4, SSML Division One, 20 November 2019 (page 1)
Shefford Town & Campton 2 Winslow United 6, SSML Division One, 26 October 2019 (page 1)
Winslow United 2 Roman Glass St George 3, FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, 11 August 2019 (page 2)
Aylesbury FC 0 Winslow United 1, BSCC Final, 6 May 2019 (page 2)
Winslow United 5 Buckingham Athletic 2, BSCC Semi Final 2nd Leg, 16 April 2019 (page 2)
Winslow United 3 Ampthill Town 1, SSML Division One, 26 January 2019 (page 2)
Buckingham Athletic 2 Winslow United 1, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 3rd Round, 3 November 2018 (page 2)
Great Horwood 1 Winslow United 7, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 2nd Round, 6 October 2018 (page 3)
Mursley United 2 Winslow United 3, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 1st Round, 8 September 2018 (page 3)
Easington Sports 2 Winslow United 0, FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round Replay, 14 August 2018 (page 3)
Buckingham Athletic 3 Winslow United 2, SSML Division One, 7 August 2018 (page 3)
Winslow United 1 Buckingham Athletic 3, SSML Division One, 23 December 2017 (page 3)
Winslow United Vets v Marsh Gibbon Vets, Charity Match, 30 July 2017 (page 4)
Winslow United 6 Leighton Town 1, Pre Season Friendly, 18 July 2017 (page 4)
Olney Town 5 Winslow United 2, BSCC Final, 1 May 2017 (page 4)
Grendon Rangers 0 Winslow United 4, BSCC Semi Final 2nd Leg, 12 April 2017 (page 4)
Winslow United 1 Buckingham Athletic 2, SSML Division One, 27 December 2016 (page 5)

Not sure played is the right word to be fair 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rhodes said:
Winslow United 6 Leighton Town 1, Pre Season Friendly, 18 July 2017 (page 4)

I know it was just a pre-season friendly but that was some result wasn't it:

Winslow United v Leighton Town PSF

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2021 at 15:31, Rhodes said:
Great Horwood 1 Winslow United 7, Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy 2nd Round, 6 October 2018 (page 3)

The delights of Great Horwood, basic but what a nice place, Jack Bowers, Alex Kedzierski, a brace from Simon King  and hat trick from Harry Dalton got the goals that afternoon:

Great Horwood v Winslow United BBST

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Photographs, and match report, from Winslow United v Baldock Town in a 2016/17 SSML Division One fixture, at Elmfields Gate on Saturday 7 January 2017, Baldock Town won an exciting contest 3-2 with Freddie Morris scoring both Winslow United goals:

Match Report: Winslow United 2 - 3 Baldock Town : 1st Team (baldocktownfc.com)

Winslow United v Baldock Town League 07/01/17

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 100 photographs from Baldock Town v Winslow United in a 2017/18 SSML Division One fixture, at Hitchin Road on Saturday 7 April 2018, Baldock Town won 2-0 on their way to promotion to the Premier Division finishing in second place to Champions Southall and only losing two League games all season, Winslow United finished a very respectable third:

Baldock Town v Winslow United 07/04/18

Edited by Rhodes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Winslow Boy - This was the final 2017/18 Division One table and, as you said, another six points would have seen Winslow United promoted with Southall. You ended the campaign brilliantly with nine successive League wins since losing the above game 2-0 at Baldock Town on 7 April. Just before that there was a disappointing 3-2 defeat at London Lions where Thomas Brindley and Nicholas Farrow saw red and a 3-3 home draw with Harefield United although, to be fair, Harefield United missed a 93rd minute penalty, a better example is probably the 3-1 home defeat to Buckingham Athletic just before Christmas when Aaron King was dismissed:

SSML Division One - 2017/2018
 Pos  Name                            Pld    W    D    L   GF   GA  Pts
   1  Southall                         38   30    4    4  116   36   94
   2  Baldock Town                     38   26   10    2   99   27   88
   3  Winslow United                   38   27    2    9  127   60   83
   4  Broadfields United               38   23    6    9   94   59   75
   5  Wodson Park                      38   22    7    9   68   48   73
   6  London Lions                     38   22    3   13   93   73   69
   7  Buckingham Athletic              38   18   11    9   77   51   65
   8  Risborough Rangers               38   17   10   11   89   49   61
   9  Harefield United                 38   18    7   13   77   54   61
  10  Enfield Borough                  38   19    3   16   95   84   60
  11  Brimsdown                        38   13    9   16   80   84   48
  12  Bedford                          38   14    6   18   55   90   48
  13  Rayners Lane                     38   13    5   20   54   74   44
  14  Ampthill Town                    38   11    8   19   70   77   41
  15  Hatfield Town                    38   11    5   22   51   87   38
  16  Hillingdon Borough               38   11    4   23   60  106   37
  17  Langford                         38    8    3   27   48   97   27
  18  Codicote                         38    7    5   26   50  110   26
  19  F C Broxbourne Borough           38    7    2   29   58  104   23
  20  St Neots Town Reserves           38    6    4   28   47  138   22
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - This was the final 2017/18 Division One table and, as you said, another six points would have seen Winslow United promoted with Southall. You ended the campaign brilliantly with nine successive League wins since losing the above game 2-0 at Baldock Town on 7 April. Just before that there was a disappointing 3-2 defeat at London Lions where Thomas Brindley and Nicholas Farrow saw red and a 3-3 home draw with Harefield United although, to be fair, Harefield United missed a 93rd minute penalty, a better example is probably the 3-1 home defeat to Buckingham Athletic just before Christmas when Aaron King was dismissed:


SSML Division One - 2017/2018
 Pos  Name                            Pld    W    D    L   GF   GA  Pts
   1  Southall                         38   30    4    4  116   36   94
   2  Baldock Town                     38   26   10    2   99   27   88
   3  Winslow United                   38   27    2    9  127   60   83
   4  Broadfields United               38   23    6    9   94   59   75
   5  Wodson Park                      38   22    7    9   68   48   73
   6  London Lions                     38   22    3   13   93   73   69
   7  Buckingham Athletic              38   18   11    9   77   51   65
   8  Risborough Rangers               38   17   10   11   89   49   61
   9  Harefield United                 38   18    7   13   77   54   61
  10  Enfield Borough                  38   19    3   16   95   84   60
  11  Brimsdown                        38   13    9   16   80   84   48
  12  Bedford                          38   14    6   18   55   90   48
  13  Rayners Lane                     38   13    5   20   54   74   44
  14  Ampthill Town                    38   11    8   19   70   77   41
  15  Hatfield Town                    38   11    5   22   51   87   38
  16  Hillingdon Borough               38   11    4   23   60  106   37
  17  Langford                         38    8    3   27   48   97   27
  18  Codicote                         38    7    5   26   50  110   26
  19  F C Broxbourne Borough           38    7    2   29   58  104   23
  20  St Neots Town Reserves           38    6    4   28   47  138   22

Yeah, good examples of some disappointing slip ups there. Not sure we beat Broadfields that season either. The slows start to the season gave us a mountain to climb. Winslow were excellent that season though, scored lots of goals and the football was great. We would have just got over the line last season too and got promotion. This season it just hasn’t happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Numerous photographs from Winslow United v Park View in a 2018/19 SSML Division One fixture, at Elmfields Gate on Saturday 27 April 2019, resulting in an exciting 2-2 stalemate, Matthew Cruise and Aaron King scored Winslow United's goals:

Zenfolio | Rob Campion Sports Photography | Winslow United FC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...