Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

There is a Bitcoin Meet Up at McMullen Park tomorrow at noon prior to the proceedings against Northampton Sileby Rangers, it's free to attend but a match ticket is £6.00 with a special package for groundhoppers at £9.00, this includes a match ticket, programme, food and drink:

https://www.realbedford.com/real-bedford-v-northampton-sileby

https://www.realbedford.com/live-stream

Edited by Rhodes

Boss Rob Sinclair's debrief following the narrow 2-1 win over Northampton Sileby Rangers this afternoon:

Edited by Rhodes

Massive, massive win. Two more layups this month and two critical, top of the table tilts. If they manage to find 12 more points in February, it's all but over. Magic number sits at just 32 points for RBFC to win the league against both Ampthill and Sileby Rangers. 34 points against Rugby and O.N. Chenecks. 

Highlights from the live stream, a match report and the match programme from Saturday's big win over Northampton Sileby Rangers with a nice photo of supremo Rob Sinclair on the front cover:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/a-brace-for-jordan-brown-gives-real-bedford-a-2-1-win-against-northampton-sileby-rangers

https://issuu.com/realbedford/docs/programme_13.1.3

Edited by Rhodes

An interesting looking League fixture at McMullen Park, and live stream to look forward to, tomorrow evening against Wellingbourough Whitworth who won't be taken lightly by boss Rob Sinclair despite being a lowly 17th in the table:

https://www.realbedford.com/real-bedford-v-wellingborough-whitworth

Billede

Oh dear, what went so horribly wrong last night at McMullen Park, here is Captain Luke Knight's post match interview following the surprise 2-0 defeat to lowly Wellingborough Whitworth:

Edited by Rhodes

We gotta stop playing these 17th place teams they are KILLING us! Jokes aside, I was really surprised by how poorly they played after being in great form in recent weeks. While they did control most of the game, their chances were never truly that close save one shot off the post. Gonna have to regroup and come back strong on Tuesday. 

On 16/02/2023 at 14:47, RallyInRaleigh said:

We gotta stop playing these 17th place teams they are KILLING us! Jokes aside, I was really surprised by how poorly they played after being in great form in recent weeks. While they did control most of the game, their chances were never truly that close save one shot off the post. Gonna have to regroup and come back strong on Tuesday

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, it's really painful watching highlights of the live stream from Tuesday's defeat, Rugby Borough must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once and their Chairman probably sent a crate of champagne to Wellingborough Whitworth's ground. Also see a match report which makes depressing reading:

Mistakes Cost Real Bedford with 2 - 0 Defeat to Wellingborough Whitworth | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Edited by Rhodes

So what do we think about the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Semi Final tie at the weekend, is it a distraction from League action or a relief bearing in mind the very disappointing home defeat to Wellingborough Whitworth on Tuesday and an opportunity to 'regroup' and reach a Cup Final against lower level opposition:

Billede

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So what do we think about the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Semi Final tie at the weekend, is it a distraction from League action or a relief bearing in mind the very disappointing home defeat to Wellingborough Whitworth on Tuesday and an opportunity to 'regroup' and reach a Cup Final against lower level opposition:

Billede

They seemed to find an extra gear for a stretch after their romp in the last round. Hoping they find some confidence and give themselves a shot at a cup trophy with a win today. 

Yes, it's a shame the tie isn't being live streamed, I wonder whether the Final will be 😉

35 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, it's a shame the tie isn't being live streamed, I wonder whether the Final will be 😉

Chairmen said Leighton denied their request to stream it. They hoped to stream the game and potential final, if possible. 

10 minutes ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Chairmen said Leighton denied their request to stream it. They hoped to stream the game and potential final, if possible

Oh, really, I wasn't aware of that, how disappointing, only Ampthill Town and Leighton Town have denied streaming requests this season and it's difficult to fathom out why.

Rob Sinclair's men have one foot in the Final of the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy as they lead 3-1 after 65 minutes with goals from, who else, Jordan Brown and a brace from Tom Hitchcock. I see that Bedfordshire County League Premier Division Elstow Abbey are currently leading 1-0 at Totternhoe in the other Semi Final however let's hope it can still be an all SSML Final.

I wonder when and where the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final will take place, there's no indication as yet from the Bedfordshire FA however historically it has been early to mid April and on a week night. Hopefully the live stream will be allowed by the Bedfordshire FA, Elstow Abbey and the Club hosting the Final: 

Billede

The Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final is for another day, it's back to the bread and butter of the League on Tuesday evening:

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder when and where the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final will take place, there's no indication as yet from the Bedfordshire FA however historically it has been early to mid April and on a week night. Hopefully the live stream will be allowed by the Bedfordshire FA, Elstow Abbey and the Club hosting the Final: 

Billede

If the final is at the New Eyrie, then it will probably be a no to it being streamed. Not exactly much love lost between Peter and Bedford Town.

1 hour ago, LondonEagle said:

If the final is at the New Eyrie, then it will probably be a no to it being streamed. Not exactly much love lost between Peter and Bedford Town.

So that rules out Ampthill Park, Bell Close and The Eyrie for the Final of the competition then, as I said I cannot fathom out why any Club's should be against a live stream as it is Worldwide publicity for them too, I wonder if it's just jealousy of what Real Bedford are doing and sour grapes.

15 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

So that rules out Ampthill Park, Bell Close and The Eyrie for the Final of the competition then, as I said I cannot fathom out why any Club's should be against a live stream as it is Worldwide publicity for them too, I wonder if it's just jealousy of what Real Bedford are doing and sour grapes.

I don't think Beds FA will decide the venue based on which clubs will stream it. And as the final is at a neutral venue, then it's not really publicity for the host club in the same way as it would have been for Ampthill and Leighton, when they are actually playing in the game.    

Sorry to jump the gun folks, Linford Christie style at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, but lets get ready to rumble:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes