Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

4 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Thrilled that we will get a shot to see them win a trophy. Apparently Lutterworth really worked hard to try and make the streaming work this weekend too but it just proved too difficult. Kudos to them for the effort, at least. 

Good news pleased the final is being streamed.

Edited by LondonEagle

19 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Thrilled that we will get a shot to see them win a trophy. Apparently Lutterworth really worked hard to try and make the streaming work this weekend too but it just proved too difficult. Kudos to them for the effort, at least. 

Yes, I take that back then what I said, I thought it was funny because Lutterworth Athletic are a nice Club and it's great that they have reached the prestigious Leicestershire & Rutland FA Senior Cup Final, hopefully they can beat Ashby Ivanhoe on Tuesday 16 May.

Edited by Rhodes

A groundhopper recently visited McMullen Park so I will share some of his photographs for the numerous overseas Real Bedford fans who will hopefully be able to visit at some point in the future, I'm sure the groundhopper, namely Ian Giffard, won't mind who goes everywhere with his young son. This is obviously the main entrance to both Real Bedford and Bedford Town's grounds, I always thought Dundee and Dundee United were close and Everton and Liverpool 😉:

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

I will also share some photographs of Bedford Town's old ground, the Old Eyrie off Ford End Road, for LondonEagle, Cruz and other fans and ex pats who appear to be afraid to raise their heads above the parapet on here. The ground was sadly lost in 1982 when the heartless Charles Wells Brewery refused to renew the Club's lease, those were certainly the days weren't they:

https://sites.google.com/site/bedfordoldeagles/the-rest/ground-photos

May be an image of 7 people and outdoors

The photographs of the old Bedford Town football ground were lovely to see again, they almost brought a tear to my eyes, I have such happy memories of the Old Eyrie remembering the happy hours spent at the ground, I used to live within ten minutes of the ground, In the 1960's it was not uncommon for the reserves who played in the  Metropolitan League to have attendances in the region of 700.

I must not forget Real Bedford, a good result against Lutterworth Athletic, I felt this game could have been a banana skin.

52 minutes ago, Cruz said:

The photographs of the old Bedford Town football ground were lovely to see again, they almost brought a tear to my eyes, I have such happy memories of the Old Eyrie remembering the happy hours spent at the ground, I used to live within ten minutes of the ground, In the 1960's it was not uncommon for the reserves who played in the  Metropolitan League to have attendances in the region of 700.

I must not forget Real Bedford, a good result against Lutterworth Athletic, I felt this game could have been a banana skin.

Second that. i went to my first ever football games at The. Eyrei, I was still only 6 when the club folded in 1982 though, so memories are quite hazy, but it's nice to see old photos.

I make it if Real Bedford beat Chenecks they are effectively Champions and promoted, however they wouldn't actually be formally recognised as such by the league in this scenario as mathematically Chenecks could still catch them on goal difference, but in reality this would never actually happen.      

20 hours ago, Cruz said:

I must not forget Real Bedford, a good result against Lutterworth Athletic, I felt this game could have been a banana skin

Cruz - Yes, no major difficulties for Real Bedford at Lutterworth Athletic on Saturday in a 4-2 win although they did surprisingly find themselves 2-1 in arrears at the interval. Luke Knight with two clinically taken penalties, Archie Culley and Lewis Burgess got the goals, Lewis pretty much threw the ball straight into the net, Rory Delap style, for his goal with the bemused home goalkeeper helping it over the line. See a match report:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/controversial-own-goal-triggers-comeback-against-lutterworth-athletic

Edited by Rhodes

Lets get ready to rumble then:

Imagine if the rain continues then tomorrow's game could be in doubt. Pretty sure the Biggleswade FC home game at The Eyrie last Saturday was postponed due to waterlogged pitch. 

PS confirmed now postponed due to waterlogged pitch.  

Edited by LondonEagle

On 25/03/2023 at 09:39, Rhodes said:

I will also share some photographs of Bedford Town's old ground, the Old Eyrie off Ford End Road, for LondonEagle, Cruz and other fans and ex pats who appear to be afraid to raise their heads above the parapet on here. The ground was sadly lost in 1982 when the heartless Charles Wells Brewery refused to renew the Club's lease, those were certainly the days weren't they:

https://sites.google.com/site/bedfordoldeagles/the-rest/ground-photos

May be an image of 7 people and outdoors

Absolutely stunning

5 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

Officially postponed...

LondonEagle - Yes, unfortunately you were right, how very disappointing:

Bedford Town Football Club MATCH POSTPONED Tomorrow's Bedfordshire Senior Trophy final between Elstow Abbey and Real Bedford at The Eyrie has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

On 25/03/2023 at 11:05, Rhodes said:

A groundhopper recently visited McMullen Park so I will share some of his photographs for the numerous overseas Real Bedford fans who will hopefully be able to visit at some point in the future, I'm sure the groundhopper, namely Ian Giffard, won't mind who goes everywhere with his young son. This is obviously the main entrance to both Real Bedford and Bedford Town's grounds, I always thought Dundee and Dundee United were close and Everton and Liverpool 😉:

Here's another photo from Ian Giffard and his son's visit to McMullen Park recently, the stand has had a lick of paint since I last visited in the 'bad old days' when 'one man and his dog' attended games. I'm not sure what the actual capacity of the ground is however there are spacious standing areas and plenty of scope for development with Chairman Mr McCormack's millions 😉

May be an image of 13 people, people standing and grass

Edited by Rhodes

I assume that Northampton ON Chenecks have allowed the live stream on Saturday:

21 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

No, refused the stream request apparently       

Well at least Northampton ON Chenecks will get a good hiding tomorrow, the same as all the other spoilsport Club's who have refused the livestream, apart from Lutterworth Athletic who's hands were tied last Saturday:

Edited by Rhodes

Honours even then at Northampton ON Chenecks on Saturday in a 1-1 stalemate, see a match report, photographs and boss Rob Sinclair's assessment of the proceedings in what was a bruising encounter:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/the-pirates-grind-our-a-1-1-draw-away-at-northampton-on-chenecks

https://www.actuance.photo/20230401-northampton-on-chenecks-vs-real-bedford/bopxmr5t3jhjd3fwmeinz3nds6mrun

https://www.realbedford.com/video/post-match-interviews-northampton-on-chenecks-1-1-real-bedford

Edited by Rhodes

I don't believe this afternoon's fixture at Langford is being livestreamed is it which, again, is disappointing if Langford have declined, it's unlike them as, from experience, they are a very friendly Club: