Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction Lg - Final week results & positions. Onto the Playoffs - Sun 19 July 15:00

Jago

Hello everyone.  As stated last week there was nothing to play for in Div 1 - so I shan't dwell too long there except to congratulate Ozz on finally waking up like a latter day Robin Van Persie Rip Van Winkel.  14 goals is great Ozz, but you should have thought about that before being relegated about 6 weeks ago!  Anyway, please accept half of this week's Golden Boot (shared with Urchin Yid).

So it was all eyes on Div 2 - who'd win and who'd make the play-off cut?  Well, the top two were clearly already in Marbella, or possibly Bognor. Mick the Bat was all set to be the first person ever to score Zero until he fluked the Napoli-Milan score, leaving the door wide open for Fat Tom to scoop the Div 2 championship.  Gift horse?  Mouth?  Yes - Fat Tom looked at the open door, and said "no thank you".  Spectacularly so - by becoming the first person IN HISTORY (over 1,000 games) to score a big fat zero (excluding no-shows and Ozz's one match predition last week).  Well done Jordan. Spectacular failure. May get a special trophy made up for that.  Oh and well done Mick for picking up Seria B.

As to the play-offs.  All a bit dull really.  MikeMike finally got his post-furlough finger out to nab the 3rd promotion spot, while Dinamo sneaked into the playoffs with a tight win over Luke, who in turn qualified because of the ongoing malaise down at Dummy Team.  Other qualifiers were Paul C and the season's top scorer, Mr Goldenballs himself, Blackballed.

Details below - and congratulations again Lord Upminster, the first ever winner with a negative goal difference! The trophy will be "engraved" eventually, assuming Mr D can find it.  And nice to see some silverware heading to Jago Towers again - even if it is Lady Jago's customary wooden spoon.  (Woodware maybe?)

Playoff semi finals are on Sunday - and nice to see a bit of non-league football back.

UPMINSTER DIVISION

image.png.cfe036c3366f814419a06c16737808c6.png

image.png.6b6d58b8b6f44e2b76df4a17a8d402cd.png

COLLIER ROW (s) DIVISION

image.png.79e4e20d6a5277765aff4d67bd54a2a6.png

image.png.e348c6fe839495c08e87d52abf06d00f.png

PLAY OFF SEMI FINALS - Sunday 19th July, 3pm (I think)

image.png.da5539ab3eda2a8cc955fce3f29354bb.png

Please predict on the following:
Nb.  As there is no crowd we can't decide a tied match on nearest to correct attendance.  Please therefore give time of the first goal at Man U v Chelsea, including extra time (minutes only - don't get clever). Or state "no goal".  BBC Sport will be the arbiter.

Besiktas v Fenerbahce
Man United v Chelsea (FAC - score at end of normal time)
  ... time of first goal including extra time ...
Tottenham Gary v Leicester Lineker
Bath City v Dorking Wanderers
Altrincham v Chester

Up The Urchins
JAGO

Well my ghast is absolutely flabbered.
My first ever promotion and I didn't even know what I was signing up to all those days ago.
Even then I thought I'd got away with it until Pony Tail Pete snitched and pointed me out in the crowd for Jago to put the feelers on me for a tenner.
Can't believe I did it as my post-furlough finger is still firmly in my nasal orifice.
I aim to emulate Norwich City next time out by blazing an early trail and then returning to my rightful place.

I hate being all Facebook "You'll never guess what happened to me" but today was just about the worst of my life and this result has given me a little light relief.
I am now going into pre-season training to improve my "shining wit" (A nice little Spooonerism to start with) to try and get closer to the aspirations that Jago has set. 

Sorry to her that Mike.

Meanwhile some clarity on the National League play-off games.  I thought they went straight to penalties but I just checked and can't find confirmation either way.  So for the avoidance of doubt please predict the scores as at end of normal time.

This gives us:

Besiktas v Fenerbahce
Man United v Chelsea (FAC - score at end of normal time)
  ... time of first goal including extra time ...
Tottenham Gary v Leicester Lineker
Bath City v Dorking Wanderers (score at end of normal time)
Altrincham v Chester (score at end of normal time)

Thanks

Besiktas 1 v 1 Fenerbahce
Man United 2 v 1 Chelsea (FAC - score at end of normal time)
  ... time of first goal including extra time ... 15 minutes
Tottenham Gary 1 v 1 Leicester Lineker
Bath City 2 v 2 Dorking Wanderers
Altrincham 1 v 2 Chester

Besiktas 1 v 2 Fenerbahce
Man United 2 v 1 Chelsea (FAC - score at end of normal time)
  ... time of first goal including extra time ... 15 minutes
Tottenham Gary 2 v 1 Leicester Lineker
Bath City 1 v 1 Dorking Wanderers
Altrincham 1 v 2 Chester

Besiktas 2 v 1 Fenerbahce
Man United 3 v 2 Chelsea (FAC - score at end of normal time)
  ... time of first goal including extra time ... 22 minutes
Tottenham Gary 2 v 1 Leicester Lineker
Bath City 2 v 1 Dorking Wanderers
Altrincham 1 v 0 Chester

Archived