Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Karen Browne

FA Cup Draws 2020-21

On 14/09/2020 at 12:57, Rhodes said:

Saturday 12 September 
Cribbs 2 Berkhamsted 0

Not SSML but this was an old fashioned FA Cup shock on Saturday wasn't it, I wonder if Chris Devane is already wishing that he stayed at Second Meadow:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/berkhamstedfootballclub/teams/109087/match-centre/0-4897309/report?fbclid=IwAR1C9xPn-H1_6CgnIHINiSuvaosveM1Wc_TTdjzIQKXSI3ghKhdYabguNKM

On 14/09/2020 at 11:57, Rhodes said:

Monday 14 September
Basingstoke Town v Chichester City (kick off 7.45pm) 

Not SSML but the remaining FA Cup Preliminary Round result from Monday night and a groundhopper from another Forum was present, do we know what a 'bracketed tick' is:

FA Cup Preliminary Round
Basingstoke Town 2-2 Chichester City
Chichester won 3-1 on penalties.
Attendance 350 est
Admission £10 - Programme £2

Visitors came back from 2-0 down with 10 men to turn this cup tie around. The hosts took an early lead after the referee overruled the linesman's offside flag then 5 minutes before half time a goalbound shot was denied by a spectacular save on the line from from a player who wasn't the goalkeeper so he was sent off and the penalty dispatched to give the hosts a two goal lead with a man advantage. The visitors, undaunted by the task, pulled a goal back just before the break and drew level midway through the second half, after which the ten men looked the more likely winners. On to spot kicks, the first by each side was saved, Julian Schwarzer, son of former Premier League keeper Mark, was in goal for Basingstoke and was the first to be beaten when Chichester scored their second and third while Basingstoke missed theirs, not scoring until their fourth kick to keep it alive after Chichester missed theirs but it just prolonged the shootout as Chichester scored with their 5th kick to secure a home tie with Cribbs in the next round.
Finally got the bracketed tick I had been chasing all last season, no noticeable changes from my last visit which must have been two years ago.

Edited by Karen Browne

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

do we know what a 'bracketed tick' is:

Finally got the bracketed tick I had been chasing all last season, no noticeable changes from my last visit which must have been two years ago.

Yes

On 13/09/2020 at 08:55, Rhodes said:

Saturday 12 September 
Sevenoaks Town v CB Hounslow United 

And this one was abandoned at half time with the score 3-0 to Sevenoaks, it still doesn't seem clear as to why and both Club's are playing their cards close to their chest:

I wonder whether Haringey Borough set a precedent last season when walking off the pitch against Yeovil at Coles Park and now Club's will try it on in a similar fashion, particularly when they are behind in a game as appears to have been the case with CB Hounslow United:

The Football Association has released a statement regarding the FA Cup preliminary round fixture between Sevenoaks Town and CB Hounslow United.

An FA spokesperson said: "We were made aware of allegations of discrimination from an area in the crowd towards a player during the FA Cup preliminary round fixture between Sevenoaks Town and CB Hounslow United on Saturday 12 September, which resulted in the fixture being abandoned.

"The matter was investigated by the FA, including a review of match reports, observations, statements and match footage, and we can now confirm that Sevenoaks Town will not be subject to any FA disciplinary action.

"We have established that the club and the matchday officials took the appropriate steps, as per the required protocol, when informed of the alleged abuse. However, we will continue to work with the clubs to establish if there is any additional evidence in relation to the alleged incident.

"The FA takes all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and we would like to thank both teams for bringing this to our attention, and for their full cooperation throughout.

"An FA Cup sub committee has met today to decide the outcome of the abandonment, in accordance with the rules of the FA Cup, and have confirmed that Sevenoaks Town will progress into the next round of the competition."

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/16/statement-on-sevenoaks-town-cb-hounslow-united-fa-cup-decision-160920

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder whether Haringey Borough set a precedent last season when walking off the pitch against Yeovil at Coles Park and now Club's will try it on in a similar fashion, particularly when they are behind in a game as appears to have been the case with CB Hounslow United:

The Football Association has released a statement regarding the FA Cup preliminary round fixture between Sevenoaks Town and CB Hounslow United.

An FA spokesperson said: "We were made aware of allegations of discrimination from an area in the crowd towards a player during the FA Cup preliminary round fixture between Sevenoaks Town and CB Hounslow United on Saturday 12 September, which resulted in the fixture being abandoned.

"The matter was investigated by the FA, including a review of match reports, observations, statements and match footage, and we can now confirm that Sevenoaks Town will not be subject to any FA disciplinary action.

"We have established that the club and the matchday officials took the appropriate steps, as per the required protocol, when informed of the alleged abuse. However, we will continue to work with the clubs to establish if there is any additional evidence in relation to the alleged incident.

"The FA takes all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and we would like to thank both teams for bringing this to our attention, and for their full cooperation throughout.

"An FA Cup sub committee has met today to decide the outcome of the abandonment, in accordance with the rules of the FA Cup, and have confirmed that Sevenoaks Town will progress into the next round of the competition."

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/16/statement-on-sevenoaks-town-cb-hounslow-united-fa-cup-decision-160920

i haven’t read the story behind this statement but I’m guessing racial abuse.

If they followed protocol then good for them!!! it seems they are the only club brave enough to stand up. This is bigger than any single football match!!

mindless morons who ruin these games and society in general.

👏 Haringey

Daily Dose - I take your valid point but Haringey Borough and CB Hounslow Borough were both losing at the time they walked off the pitch, in CB Hounslow Borough's case they didn't come out for the second half when 3-0 down, do you think if the two Club's had been leading their respective games they would have still walked off.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Daily Dose - I take your valid point but Haringey Borough and CB Hounslow Borough were both losing at the time they walked off the pitch, in CB Hounslow Borough's case they didn't come out for the second half when 3-0 down, do you think if the two Club's had been leading their respective games they would have still walked off.

I certainly would hope so. 
punishing the team that are winning could highlight the stupidity within the crowd and teach them a valuable lesson.