Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley FC

The Journey Of Wembley FC, the final episode, Episode 8:

(301) Budweiser UK: DREAM. ON. | Episode 8 - Full Version - YouTube

On 30/12/2020 at 15:00, Rhodes said:

Savagebee- Here is Episode 6 of The Journey Of Wembley FC, it's absolutely addictive watching isn't it, it's not often Ian Bates is lost for words and put firmly in his place although, to be fair, it's Terry Venables we're talking about:

(299) Budweiser UK: DREAM. ON. | Episode 6 - Full Version - YouTube

Watched episode 6 yesterday and 3,4 and 5 the day before it is a great watch I must say ?

25 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Watched episode 6 yesterday and 3,4 and 5 the day before it is a great watch I must say ?

I do wish that Ian Bates would cut his hair shorter, it would suit him a lot better, he's a very set in his ways bloke isn't he

1 minute ago, Rhodes said:

I do wish that Ian Bates would cut his hair shorter, it would suit him a lot better, he's a very set in his ways bloke isn't he

His hair isn't that long now.

This FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie is incorporated in Episode 8 of the excellent 'Dream On' series but it's a great watch, it must have been something for Langford too to play Combined Counties League Premier Division Wembley at Vale Farm that day and who were, as they are now, a lowly SSML Division One side back in 2012/13 but didn't look it, losing 3-2. Unfortunately Wembley went out of the FA Cup to Southern League Uxbridge in the next Preliminary Round but not before drawing 2-2 at Honeycroft, losing the replay 5-0 at Vale Farm:

Claudio Caniggia rolls back the years and scores for Wembley FC in FA Cup | Metro News

Edited by Rhodes

It's Wembley's 75th anniversary this year, the Club was founded in 1946:

Billede

On 30/12/2020 at 15:50, Rhodes said:

Ep 7 for Savagebee today ?

Savagebee - What became of Daryl Atkins from that side, he looked a really decent player and had a blinder in that FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie against Langford

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - What became of Daryl Atkins from that side, he looked a really decent player and had a blinder in that FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie against Langford

Yes I was thinking just the same thing when I was watching episode 6 ?

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - What became of Daryl Atkins from that side, he looked a really decent player

Last known address was Kings Langley FC 2014/15 season.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

30 goals in 39 games in the 2011/12 season.

On 01/01/2021 at 12:31, Rhodes said:

The Journey Of Wembley FC, the final episode, Episode 8:

(301) Budweiser UK: DREAM. ON. | Episode 8 - Full Version - YouTube

What a great watch that was ?

14 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

What a great watch that was ?

Yes, I think the final episode was the best one, Terry Venables took it all very seriously didn't he and came across well as did all the former professional players

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, I think the final episode was the best one, Terry Venables took it all very seriously didn't he and came across well as did all the former professional players

I really enjoyed all the episodes great stuff ?

Savagebee - Ian Bates doesn't come across as dynamic as you always make him out to be and he seemed out of his depth at times rubbing shoulders with Terry Venables and the high profile ex professional players, I know it was over eight years ago but he was like a little boy lost. Seperately, what did you make of the kerfuffle afterwards between Wembley and the FA who claimed the Club's crest infringed the Stadium trademark and could be confused with the Stadium, it was too ridiculous for words wasn't it although the Club did update their crest in 2012 after they signed the sponsorship agreement with Budweiser and the old one had no mention of Wembley on it (see below):

Wembley FC: Non-league club 'face bankruptcy' in Football Association dispute - BBC Sport

Wembley F.C. logo.pngWembley FC Programme February 2002 - vs Horsham

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Ian Bates doesn't come across as dynamic as you always make him out to be and he seemed out of his depth at times rubbing shoulders with Terry Venables and the high profile ex professional players, I know it was over eight years ago but he was like a little boy lost. Seperately, what did you make of the kerfuffle afterwards between Wembley and the FA who claimed the Club's crest infringed the Stadium trademark and could be confused with the Stadium, it was too ridiculous for words wasn't it although the Club did update their crest in 2012 after they signed the sponsorship agreement with Budweiser and the old one had no mention of Wembley on it (see below):

Wembley FC: Non-league club 'face bankruptcy' in Football Association dispute - BBC Sport

Wembley F.C. logo.pngWembley FC Programme February 2002 - vs Horsham

Ian Bates was around 39 when that was filmed and I've never ever said he was dynamic ? He was just a good old fashioned honest loyal non league footballer that are a dieing breed these days. Ian Bates has given over half of his life to Wembley FC on and off the pitch. Ian Bates and Terry Venables have played and managed in very different worlds remember that.

Edited by Savagebee

14 hours ago, Savagebee said:

I've never ever said he was dynamic

Savagebee - Maybe not but you have suggested it on numerous occasions, your favourite phrase is 'they don't make them like Basher anymore', he came across as 'a shrinking violet' if anything in the 'Dream On' series

13 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

your favourite phrase is 'they don't make them like Basher anymore', 

Well they dont.

Nice photographs from Baldock Town v Wembley in a 2018/19 SSML Premier Division fixture, at Hitchin Road on Saturday 18 August 2018, resulting in a 2-1 win for Baldock Town despite Wembley leading at the break through a Kirkstun McPherson strike:

Baldock Town v Wembley League 18/08/18

Edited by Rhodes