Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

11 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Simple Hendon take preference as they are a higher step in the pyramid. The only time a Hendon game has to move is if Edgware have a home game in the FA Cup or FA Vase.

Er? We have a Vase game this Friday because Hendon are at home the following day, why isn't our game taking precedent then? 

12 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Er? We have a Vase game this Friday because Hendon are at home the following day, why isn't our game taking precedent then? 

I stand corrected after reading the agreement between the two clubs below

1.3 In the event of any conflict between the fixtures of ETFC and any other club the team that is higher in the league standings shall have priority at all times and the team lower in the league standings shall re-arrange their fixtures accordingly even if this involves ETFC having to play on another ground in which event no compensation of any kind will be payable by KTMC.

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

I stand corrected after reading the agreement between the two clubs below

Karen - That's the first time I've ever known you to be wrong however theoretically you were right

Edited by Rhodes

On 06/10/2020 at 13:16, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Anyway it's a lovely new kit you have, it's just a shame that you 'Christened' it with that 6-0 home defeat to Harpenden Town. A very nice programme too from that night, the Club seems to have quite a few sponsors which is nice to see particularly in the current climate:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_harpenden-town-dag7pwoeblgg/page/1

Billede

Yes it's a different style of kit, I like how from the back it's all Green then from the front the checkbosrd style is quite striking. 

The club are has new official sponsors as well as several others. 

Programme wise, like most clubs in the SSMFL and at our level we've gone to download only, personally I'm OK with downloads, easier to read and store on phone, tablet etc. 

9 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Thanks for making that clear Karen. BTW whee did you get the info from as I never been able to find it. 

All ground sharing clubs must submit copies of their agreement to the SSML for the league to grant approval.

50 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Programme wise, like most clubs in the SSMFL and at our level we've gone to download only, personally I'm OK with downloads, easier to read and store on phone, tablet etc. 

GRS67 - Being old school and a programme collector I'm afraid I can't agree, a football programme such as this is a sacred and downloads are sacrilege, nothing more nothing less:

53905_a.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

On 06/10/2020 at 11:24, GRS67 said:

Rhodes, Hendon and Edgware BOTH share SJP EQUALLY, it's SJP the consortium who run the ground and allow us to play and use the facilities. 

It's true that Hendon do have a bigger presence at SJP, with Hendon naming all but one stand, HFC in White on the Green seats, a club shop etc, however thier fans paid towards these stands as Edgware did for the Ken Batten Stand. 

I don't feel that they have muscled in, both Edgware and Hendon were homeless and SJP offered us both a home which can now boost some of the best facilities at Step 5 for Edgware and 3 for Hendon. 

GRS67 - I think you are perhaps 'biting your tongue' a bit incase Hendon happen to see your comments on here, I have the impression Edgware Town have to stand in the corner of Silver Jubilee Park with dunce's caps on whilst Hendon go about their business. This illustrates it perfectly from the former Vice President of the Club who was at their game on Tuesday evening and posted on another Forum, he compliments Hendon on the 'fantastic job they've done' with the Clubhouse, didn't Edgware Town have at least some input in the refurbishment project and contribute some money if, as you say, the two Club's have an equal share of the ground:

Hendon 1 Hayes & Yeading United 1
Southern League Premier Division South
Attendance: 237
Admission: Free as on duty
Programme; £2.50, also available online
NHS App for T&T as well as paper for those without that facility. Hand sanitiser on the gate.

A cracking local derby with lots of pace, passion, skill, endeavour and some proper old hard but fair challenges, generally reffed very well.
The Dons took the lead against the run of play through Jayden Clarke against a most impressive H&Y outfit who squandered a few opportunities and found returning keeper Rihards Matrevics, in for the injured Jonathan North, in fine form.
The second half saw plenty of end to end action with the visitors making a smart substitution and tactical change. Defensive midfielder Solomon Sambou put in a real shift for the Greens winning challenges and leading the charge. His best game for the club.
After numerous good chances, the equaliser came on 73 minutes when a long throw wasn’t dealt with to allow ex Hendon loanee Francis Amartey to tap in from close range.
A draw was probably about right. The only downer on the night was an injury sustained to the hosts highly promising right back Simeon Olarerin from a naughty challenge from another ex Don Dylan Kearney.
Excellent company as ever down at Silver Jubilee Park which makes my visits a joy working alongside other volunteers and then watching with other fans including John HFC and SWTR, who it was especially nice to see on a visit, of this forum. I even got an end of the barrel pint of fine Autumn Red Portabello Ale.
It might have been step 3 non-league but I’ve been to far worse Football League games over the years. Most enjoyable.

As mentioned above by Willesden, I was indeed present at Silver Jubilee Park. Just my 2nd live game of the season, and my 3rd in 2020.
As I've previously mentioned I'm no longer involved at Hendon, and regretfully had a couple of reminders of why I left the club both as a volunteer and supporter a couple of years ago. However, I did receive a very warm welcome from a number of people, including Willesden. First time I've paid to attend a Hendon home game since the end of the 1995/96 season having either been a volunteer or having a season-ticket by virtue of being a vice-president.
As Willesden said - this was an excellent game, plenty of action, two excellent goalkeepers and the final 1-1 score was a fair reflection of events on the field. Very strange watching a Hendon game where I only recognised one of the home side. Also had a few reminders of why I haven't missed watching football in general, whether in person or on TV.
Also first visit to the newly refurbished clubhouse at SJP - what a fantastic job they've done. Most of the work has been done in-house and it is a lovely bright, warm welcoming place, and it was good to catch up with Rob & Tom who run the site and do a wonderful job.
I will still go occasionally, even though there are those who would rather I stayed away, particularly as my brother and Dad are both still regularly involved as volunteers, but its safe to say that my days of being a Hendon supporter are over. Will also go to games as a neutral from time to time, or to catch up with friends I've made over the years at Hendon who are now plying their trade elsewhere.

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Being old school and a programme collector I'm afraid I can't agree, a football programme such as this is a sacred and downloads are sacrilege, nothing more nothing less:

53905_a.jpg

When you look at old programmes like that and it's a time capsule back to another time, really interesting piece of history. 

Yes I agree with you but I've got used to downloading just as I've got used to downloading music, doesn't mean it's better, nothing can beat the physical item but it's just that once read they get put away and just gather dust inside a folder. 

54 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I think you are perhaps 'biting your tongue' a bit incase Hendon happen to see your comments on here, I have the impression Edgware Town have to stand in the corner of Silver Jubilee Park with dunce's caps on whilst Hendon go about their business. This illustrates it perfectly from the former Vice President of the Club who was at their game on Tuesday evening and posted on another Forum, he compliments Hendon on the 'fantastic job they've done' with the Clubhouse, didn't Edgware Town have at least some input in the refurbishment project and contribute some money if, as you say, the two Club's have an equal share of the ground:

Hendon 1 Hayes & Yeading United 1
Southern League Premier Division South
Attendance: 237
Admission: Free as on duty
Programme; £2.50, also available online
NHS App for T&T as well as paper for those without that facility. Hand sanitiser on the gate.

A cracking local derby with lots of pace, passion, skill, endeavour and some proper old hard but fair challenges, generally reffed very well.
The Dons took the lead against the run of play through Jayden Clarke against a most impressive H&Y outfit who squandered a few opportunities and found returning keeper Rihards Matrevics, in for the injured Jonathan North, in fine form.
The second half saw plenty of end to end action with the visitors making a smart substitution and tactical change. Defensive midfielder Solomon Sambou put in a real shift for the Greens winning challenges and leading the charge. His best game for the club.
After numerous good chances, the equaliser came on 73 minutes when a long throw wasn’t dealt with to allow ex Hendon loanee Francis Amartey to tap in from close range.
A draw was probably about right. The only downer on the night was an injury sustained to the hosts highly promising right back Simeon Olarerin from a naughty challenge from another ex Don Dylan Kearney.
Excellent company as ever down at Silver Jubilee Park which makes my visits a joy working alongside other volunteers and then watching with other fans including John HFC and SWTR, who it was especially nice to see on a visit, of this forum. I even got an end of the barrel pint of fine Autumn Red Portabello Ale.
It might have been step 3 non-league but I’ve been to far worse Football League games over the years. Most enjoyable.

As mentioned above by Willesden, I was indeed present at Silver Jubilee Park. Just my 2nd live game of the season, and my 3rd in 2020.
As I've previously mentioned I'm no longer involved at Hendon, and regretfully had a couple of reminders of why I left the club both as a volunteer and supporter a couple of years ago. However, I did receive a very warm welcome from a number of people, including Willesden. First time I've paid to attend a Hendon home game since the end of the 1995/96 season having either been a volunteer or having a season-ticket by virtue of being a vice-president.
As Willesden said - this was an excellent game, plenty of action, two excellent goalkeepers and the final 1-1 score was a fair reflection of events on the field. Very strange watching a Hendon game where I only recognised one of the home side. Also had a few reminders of why I haven't missed watching football in general, whether in person or on TV.
Also first visit to the newly refurbished clubhouse at SJP - what a fantastic job they've done. Most of the work has been done in-house and it is a lovely bright, warm welcoming place, and it was good to catch up with Rob & Tom who run the site and do a wonderful job.
I will still go occasionally, even though there are those who would rather I stayed away, particularly as my brother and Dad are both still regularly involved as volunteers, but its safe to say that my days of being a Hendon supporter are over. Will also go to games as a neutral from time to time, or to catch up with friends I've made over the years at Hendon who are now plying their trade elsewhere.

Rhodes, I have no idea who this is,seems he was involved at Hendon but now he has little interest in the club or even football. 

Sounds like me a bit when I fell out of love with the game and had stopped going to either Millwall or Edgware, 2/3 years back. 

Now I've got the buzz back and I'm enjoying going to games and getting involved in helping the club. 

Regards SJP, your comment about standing in the corner with dunces hats on.. Let me tell you.. No One puts Edgware in the corner.. See what I did there! ?

Edited by GRS67

7 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Regards SJP, your comment about standing in the corner with dunces hats on.. Let me tell you.. No One puts Edgware in the corner.. See what I did there! ?

GRS67 - I didn't have you down as a fan of Dirty Dancing

Very cosy, the Edgware Town Clubhouse this evening prior to the kick off of their FA Vase Second Qualifying Round tie with Tring Athletic, half time score Edgware Town 2 Tring Athletic 1 with Tring Athletic pulling a goal back after Edgware Town had taken an early 2-0 lead:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_tring-athletic-9azgaakxpxrv/page/1

Billede

A good evening all round, a 4-1 win, in a game we really could have scored 5 or 6.

A healthy crowd of 150, with a decent amount taken in merchandise sales. 

Not to mention the prize money of £725!

Into the next round, hoping we get another home draw and Hendon get a home draw in the Trophy so we can repeat the Friday night football again! 

20201009_203648.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

GRS67 kept this quiet didn't he, what are the arrangements for Edgware Town's fixture on Saturday with Baldock Town:

Billede

Goals from Omololu Onabolu on 35 minutes and Haddi Isa on 41 minutes were enough to put Baldock Town to the sword yesterday (see match programme) after the visitors had taken an early lead, the win will have been a relief to Fergus Moore and his men who hadn't won a League game since winning 4-2 at Harefield United on 6 October. On Tuesday there is a trip to Creasey Park to take on Dunstable Town before visiting Southern Combination Division One side Worthing United on Saturday (31 October) in an FA Vase First Round proper tie:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_baldock-town-olkbrdpdrab6/page/1

Billede

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Goals from Omololu Onabolu on 35 minutes and Haddi Isa on 41 minutes were enough to put Baldock Town to the sword yesterday (see match programme) after the visitors had taken an early lead, the win will have been a relief to Fergus Moore and his men who hadn't won a League game since winning 4-2 at Harefield United on 6 October. On Tuesday there is a trip to Creasey Park to take on Dunstable Town before visiting Southern Combination Division One side Worthing United on Saturday (31 October) in an FA Vase First Round proper tie:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_baldock-town-olkbrdpdrab6/page/1

Billede

??

Come and follow the new improved Edgware Town FC Twitter Account!

20201025_232458.jpg

On 21/10/2020 at 18:33, Rhodes said:

GRS67 kept this quiet didn't he, what are the arrangements for Edgware Town's fixture on Saturday with Baldock Town:

Billede

The clubhouse at SJP will remain closed until further notice due to Tier 2 Restrictions 

7 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

CLUB STATEMENT 

ClubStatement_201101_134919.jpg

A shame and a loss to the club.

A top man and they will do well to find a better man for the job.

Edited by Savagebee