Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Thanks for making that clear Karen. BTW whee did you get the info from as I never been able to find it. 

All ground sharing clubs must submit copies of their agreement to the SSML for the league to grant approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Programme wise, like most clubs in the SSMFL and at our level we've gone to download only, personally I'm OK with downloads, easier to read and store on phone, tablet etc. 

GRS67 - Being old school and a programme collector I'm afraid I can't agree, a football programme such as this is a sacred and downloads are sacrilege, nothing more nothing less:

53905_a.jpg

 

 
Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2020 at 11:24, GRS67 said:

Rhodes, Hendon and Edgware BOTH share SJP EQUALLY, it's SJP the consortium who run the ground and allow us to play and use the facilities. 

It's true that Hendon do have a bigger presence at SJP, with Hendon naming all but one stand, HFC in White on the Green seats, a club shop etc, however thier fans paid towards these stands as Edgware did for the Ken Batten Stand. 

I don't feel that they have muscled in, both Edgware and Hendon were homeless and SJP offered us both a home which can now boost some of the best facilities at Step 5 for Edgware and 3 for Hendon. 

GRS67 - I think you are perhaps 'biting your tongue' a bit incase Hendon happen to see your comments on here, I have the impression Edgware Town have to stand in the corner of Silver Jubilee Park with dunce's caps on whilst Hendon go about their business. This illustrates it perfectly from the former Vice President of the Club who was at their game on Tuesday evening and posted on another Forum, he compliments Hendon on the 'fantastic job they've done' with the Clubhouse, didn't Edgware Town have at least some input in the refurbishment project and contribute some money if, as you say, the two Club's have an equal share of the ground:

Hendon 1 Hayes & Yeading United 1
Southern League Premier Division South
Attendance: 237
Admission: Free as on duty
Programme; £2.50, also available online
NHS App for T&T as well as paper for those without that facility. Hand sanitiser on the gate.

A cracking local derby with lots of pace, passion, skill, endeavour and some proper old hard but fair challenges, generally reffed very well.
The Dons took the lead against the run of play through Jayden Clarke against a most impressive H&Y outfit who squandered a few opportunities and found returning keeper Rihards Matrevics, in for the injured Jonathan North, in fine form.
The second half saw plenty of end to end action with the visitors making a smart substitution and tactical change. Defensive midfielder Solomon Sambou put in a real shift for the Greens winning challenges and leading the charge. His best game for the club.
After numerous good chances, the equaliser came on 73 minutes when a long throw wasn’t dealt with to allow ex Hendon loanee Francis Amartey to tap in from close range.
A draw was probably about right. The only downer on the night was an injury sustained to the hosts highly promising right back Simeon Olarerin from a naughty challenge from another ex Don Dylan Kearney.
Excellent company as ever down at Silver Jubilee Park which makes my visits a joy working alongside other volunteers and then watching with other fans including John HFC and SWTR, who it was especially nice to see on a visit, of this forum. I even got an end of the barrel pint of fine Autumn Red Portabello Ale.
It might have been step 3 non-league but I’ve been to far worse Football League games over the years. Most enjoyable.

As mentioned above by Willesden, I was indeed present at Silver Jubilee Park. Just my 2nd live game of the season, and my 3rd in 2020.
As I've previously mentioned I'm no longer involved at Hendon, and regretfully had a couple of reminders of why I left the club both as a volunteer and supporter a couple of years ago. However, I did receive a very warm welcome from a number of people, including Willesden. First time I've paid to attend a Hendon home game since the end of the 1995/96 season having either been a volunteer or having a season-ticket by virtue of being a vice-president.
As Willesden said - this was an excellent game, plenty of action, two excellent goalkeepers and the final 1-1 score was a fair reflection of events on the field. Very strange watching a Hendon game where I only recognised one of the home side. Also had a few reminders of why I haven't missed watching football in general, whether in person or on TV.
Also first visit to the newly refurbished clubhouse at SJP - what a fantastic job they've done. Most of the work has been done in-house and it is a lovely bright, warm welcoming place, and it was good to catch up with Rob & Tom who run the site and do a wonderful job.
I will still go occasionally, even though there are those who would rather I stayed away, particularly as my brother and Dad are both still regularly involved as volunteers, but its safe to say that my days of being a Hendon supporter are over. Will also go to games as a neutral from time to time, or to catch up with friends I've made over the years at Hendon who are now plying their trade elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Being old school and a programme collector I'm afraid I can't agree, a football programme such as this is a sacred and downloads are sacrilege, nothing more nothing less:

53905_a.jpg

 

 

When you look at old programmes like that and it's a time capsule back to another time, really interesting piece of history. 

 

Yes I agree with you but I've got used to downloading just as I've got used to downloading music, doesn't mean it's better, nothing can beat the physical item but it's just that once read they get put away and just gather dust inside a folder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I think you are perhaps 'biting your tongue' a bit incase Hendon happen to see your comments on here, I have the impression Edgware Town have to stand in the corner of Silver Jubilee Park with dunce's caps on whilst Hendon go about their business. This illustrates it perfectly from the former Vice President of the Club who was at their game on Tuesday evening and posted on another Forum, he compliments Hendon on the 'fantastic job they've done' with the Clubhouse, didn't Edgware Town have at least some input in the refurbishment project and contribute some money if, as you say, the two Club's have an equal share of the ground:

Hendon 1 Hayes & Yeading United 1
Southern League Premier Division South
Attendance: 237
Admission: Free as on duty
Programme; £2.50, also available online
NHS App for T&T as well as paper for those without that facility. Hand sanitiser on the gate.

A cracking local derby with lots of pace, passion, skill, endeavour and some proper old hard but fair challenges, generally reffed very well.
The Dons took the lead against the run of play through Jayden Clarke against a most impressive H&Y outfit who squandered a few opportunities and found returning keeper Rihards Matrevics, in for the injured Jonathan North, in fine form.
The second half saw plenty of end to end action with the visitors making a smart substitution and tactical change. Defensive midfielder Solomon Sambou put in a real shift for the Greens winning challenges and leading the charge. His best game for the club.
After numerous good chances, the equaliser came on 73 minutes when a long throw wasn’t dealt with to allow ex Hendon loanee Francis Amartey to tap in from close range.
A draw was probably about right. The only downer on the night was an injury sustained to the hosts highly promising right back Simeon Olarerin from a naughty challenge from another ex Don Dylan Kearney.
Excellent company as ever down at Silver Jubilee Park which makes my visits a joy working alongside other volunteers and then watching with other fans including John HFC and SWTR, who it was especially nice to see on a visit, of this forum. I even got an end of the barrel pint of fine Autumn Red Portabello Ale.
It might have been step 3 non-league but I’ve been to far worse Football League games over the years. Most enjoyable.

As mentioned above by Willesden, I was indeed present at Silver Jubilee Park. Just my 2nd live game of the season, and my 3rd in 2020.
As I've previously mentioned I'm no longer involved at Hendon, and regretfully had a couple of reminders of why I left the club both as a volunteer and supporter a couple of years ago. However, I did receive a very warm welcome from a number of people, including Willesden. First time I've paid to attend a Hendon home game since the end of the 1995/96 season having either been a volunteer or having a season-ticket by virtue of being a vice-president.
As Willesden said - this was an excellent game, plenty of action, two excellent goalkeepers and the final 1-1 score was a fair reflection of events on the field. Very strange watching a Hendon game where I only recognised one of the home side. Also had a few reminders of why I haven't missed watching football in general, whether in person or on TV.
Also first visit to the newly refurbished clubhouse at SJP - what a fantastic job they've done. Most of the work has been done in-house and it is a lovely bright, warm welcoming place, and it was good to catch up with Rob & Tom who run the site and do a wonderful job.
I will still go occasionally, even though there are those who would rather I stayed away, particularly as my brother and Dad are both still regularly involved as volunteers, but its safe to say that my days of being a Hendon supporter are over. Will also go to games as a neutral from time to time, or to catch up with friends I've made over the years at Hendon who are now plying their trade elsewhere.

Rhodes, I have no idea who this is,seems he was involved at Hendon but now he has little interest in the club or even football. 

 

Sounds like me a bit when I fell out of love with the game and had stopped going to either Millwall or Edgware, 2/3 years back. 

 

Now I've got the buzz back and I'm enjoying going to games and getting involved in helping the club. 

 

Regards SJP, your comment about standing in the corner with dunces hats on.. Let me tell you.. No One puts Edgware in the corner.. See what I did there! 🤣

Edited by GRS67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Regards SJP, your comment about standing in the corner with dunces hats on.. Let me tell you.. No One puts Edgware in the corner.. See what I did there! 🤣

GRS67 - I didn't have you down as a fan of Dirty Dancing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cosy, the Edgware Town Clubhouse this evening prior to the kick off of their FA Vase Second Qualifying Round tie with Tring Athletic, half time score Edgware Town 2 Tring Athletic 1 with Tring Athletic pulling a goal back after Edgware Town had taken an early 2-0 lead:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_tring-athletic-9azgaakxpxrv/page/1

Billede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good evening all round, a 4-1 win, in a game we really could have scored 5 or 6.

A healthy crowd of 150, with a decent amount taken in merchandise sales. 

Not to mention the prize money of £725!

Into the next round, hoping we get another home draw and Hendon get a home draw in the Trophy so we can repeat the Friday night football again! 

20201009_203648.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GRS67 kept this quiet didn't he, what are the arrangements for Edgware Town's fixture on Saturday with Baldock Town:

Billede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goals from Omololu Onabolu on 35 minutes and Haddi Isa on 41 minutes were enough to put Baldock Town to the sword yesterday (see match programme) after the visitors had taken an early lead, the win will have been a relief to Fergus Moore and his men who hadn't won a League game since winning 4-2 at Harefield United on 6 October. On Tuesday there is a trip to Creasey Park to take on Dunstable Town before visiting Southern Combination Division One side Worthing United on Saturday (31 October) in an FA Vase First Round proper tie:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_baldock-town-olkbrdpdrab6/page/1

Billede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Goals from Omololu Onabolu on 35 minutes and Haddi Isa on 41 minutes were enough to put Baldock Town to the sword yesterday (see match programme) after the visitors had taken an early lead, the win will have been a relief to Fergus Moore and his men who hadn't won a League game since winning 4-2 at Harefield United on 6 October. On Tuesday there is a trip to Creasey Park to take on Dunstable Town before visiting Southern Combination Division One side Worthing United on Saturday (31 October) in an FA Vase First Round proper tie:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_baldock-town-olkbrdpdrab6/page/1

Billede

👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come and follow the new improved Edgware Town FC Twitter Account!

20201025_232458.jpg

On 21/10/2020 at 18:33, Rhodes said:

GRS67 kept this quiet didn't he, what are the arrangements for Edgware Town's fixture on Saturday with Baldock Town:

Billede

The clubhouse at SJP will remain closed until further notice due to Tier 2 Restrictions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

CLUB STATEMENT 

ClubStatement_201101_134919.jpg

A shame and a loss to the club.

A top man and they will do well to find a better man for the job.

Edited by Savagebee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madness. Can only assume he’s asked for more money for players and that’s been denied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a strange statement.

”he’s taken the club as far as he can with the current financial restraints”.

if there are restraints how much further can they go?? I’m not sure Pochettino is keen on taking them to the next level. ‘Under the restraints’!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily Dose - Yes, you're right, something seems to have transpired at Silver Jubilee Park for Fergus to just walk away in that fashion as he is not a quitter and not one to leave a Club in the lurch. It's also a 'telling' Twitter page messege below as why would he need to hold his high, regroup and go again when he could have stayed where he was particularly just after an excellent FA Vase win at Worthing United where I gather the team played really well:

All good things must come to an end old fella. Hold ya head high. Rest, Regroup and go again

BilledeBilledeBillede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

CLUB STATEMENT! 

ClubStatement2_201102_111202.jpg

How quick, Jesus!

im guessing a falling out with the board and they had already put wheels in motion to get a successor in. 
Fergus will be a great manager and role model for many a club!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daily Dose said:

How quick, Jesus!

im guessing a falling out with the board and they had already put wheels in motion to get a successor in. 
Fergus will be a great manager and role model for many a club!

 

Yeah they had him already lined up for the Edgware Town hot seat by the looks of it. I wonder for how long? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am shocked to the core by a post on another Forum by, of all people, Agamemnon3 who posts on here, I thought that he knew his onions but apparently not. I have known Rak Hudson since 2003 and the very last think he is is 'a self-important blusterer', I don't believe that Edgware Town got rid of Fergus as Agamemnon3 is suggesting, why would they as he was very popular at Silver Jubilee Park and had just won 3-0 at Worthing United, Fergus walked away for whatever reason leaving the Club in the lurch and Rak just happened to be in the right place at the right time, he lives locally:

Former Kentish Town and AFC Southgate 'boss' Rak Hudson has taken over at Edgware Town.
That a Club should even consider getting rid of a man like Fergus Moore in favour of this self-important blusterer is as shameful as it is preposterous.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/managers-in-out-season-2020-21.2420/page-4

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Rhodes, but in this instance you are way off the mark.  It's not even clear to me that you know what you are saying.  Regarding Fergus, only four posts ago you wrote that 'he is not a quitter and not one to leave a Club in the lurch', and yet now, less that twelve hours later, you are claiming precisely that.  (In general, when you don't know what you are talking about, I find that it's probably best to say nothing).

Were you at Worthing on Saturday ?  No you weren't.  But I was, and I learned at half-time that, win or lose, Fergus was going to be sacked later that evening, and that a replacement was already waiting in the wings.  Perhaps that could explain the absence of a number of ET officials, including a fellow poster to this forum ?  It's not so much that they couldn't face the chilly coastal winds, but that they couldn't face looking Fergus in the eye, knowing what they'd done. 

As for Hudson, my abiding memory of him is in April 2018, in the bar at Hadley FC, holding forth about AFC Southgate and promotion.  All the time he was drivelling on of course, he knew full well that the Club was folding at the end of the season, and was desperate that the players didn't find out.  A 'self-important blusterer' ?  I was being polite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Were you at Worthing on Saturday?  No you weren't.  But I was, and I learned at half-time that, win or lose, Fergus was going to be sacked later that evening, and that a replacement was already waiting in the wings. Perhaps that could explain the absence of a number of ET officials, including a fellow poster to this forum? It's not so much that they couldn't face the chilly coastal winds, but that they couldn't face looking Fergus in the eye, knowing what they'd done. 

Thanks for your reply, I wasn't aware that your were an Edgware Town fan as you hadn't made that clear previously. Are you talking about GRS67, I thought he was at Worthing United on Saturday as he said he was driving there rather than going on the hired coach, isn't he the Club's 'Media Manager'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R, please, you must stop trying to put people in boxes.  I am not 'an Edgware Town fan'.  I am a retired professional, I live on MIll Hill Broadway, and I watch a number of local Clubs regularly.

Belstone, Hadley, Cuffley, Edgware, St Albans, Boreham Wood, Sandridge Rovers, London Lions, Cockfosters, Wingate & Finchley, Oxhey Jets, Brentham, North Greenford, whatever, as the mood takes me.  I went to Worthing United on Saturday, obviously because Edgware were the visitors, but largely because the last time I was there, in 1982/3, they were called Wigmore Athletic, and I wanted to see what, if anything,  had changed.  I was having a good day, until I heard the half-time news regarding Fergus.  From then on the day turned a little sour, despite the 3-0 win.

GRS67 was not at Worthing.  It was suggested that the weather had deterred him.  He will doubtless make his own excuses as and when he sees fit.  And if he chooses not to, that's fine.  All is well.

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

Sorry Rhodes, but in this instance you are way off the mark.  It's not even clear to me that you know what you are saying.  Regarding Fergus, only four posts ago you wrote that 'he is not a quitter and not one to leave a Club in the lurch', and yet now, less that twelve hours later, you are claiming precisely that.  (In general, when you don't know what you are talking about, I find that it's probably best to say nothing).

Were you at Worthing on Saturday ?  No you weren't.  But I was, and I learned at half-time that, win or lose, Fergus was going to be sacked later that evening, and that a replacement was already waiting in the wings.  Perhaps that could explain the absence of a number of ET officials, including a fellow poster to this forum ?  It's not so much that they couldn't face the chilly coastal winds, but that they couldn't face looking Fergus in the eye, knowing what they'd done. 

As for Hudson, my abiding memory of him is in April 2018, in the bar at Hadley FC, holding forth about AFC Southgate and promotion.  All the time he was drivelling on of course, he knew full well that the Club was folding at the end of the season, and was desperate that the players didn't find out.  A 'self-important blusterer' ?  I was being polite. 

Wow a great insite to what went on Saturday.

Fergus THE LEGEND Moore will have know trouble getting another managers job that's if he wants one.

The guy is a born winner and they don't make em like him anymore sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...