Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

20 minutes ago, agamemnon3 said:

From both the interviewer and the interviewed.

No football for me this evening.  I am on a couple of local committees, (non-sporting), and with the new lockdown imminent, there are some routine chores that need to be done.

Have a good evening. 

Thank you, I'll let you know how the *Rak Revolution' gets off! 

4 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Nothing to say about the Q&A Rhodes? Not like you to be slow on the uptake! Didn't you think Rak came across very eloquently? I thought the interviewer was very good as well

I was just trying to give the dust a bit of time to settle from Agamemnon3's comments yesterday which I can only assume were said in the heat of the moment, if he is not an Edgware Town fan however then I fail to see why he made such a song and dance about Fergus's departure, why should it bother him so much. Managerial comings, goings and wranglings have always been part and parcel of football at all levels and on another thread Daily Dose even suggested Joe Sweeney's job at Bell Close wasn't safe, it was crazy talk but you just never know, who will ever be able to comprehend Claudio Ranieri's sacking at Leicester week's after what he achieved but somehow it happened. As for the Q&A between Rak Hudson and GRS67, it's superb stuff and Sports Shots could learn a thing or two with their line of questioning to Managers and players, I think Agamemnon3 genuinely meant it when he said it was a good interview.

Edited by Rhodes

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

By the way the link to the on-line programme doesn't appear to work, I will try it again later, I assume there will be an explanation inside the programme as to why Fergus sadly departed

Programme now on-line with a wonderful tribute to Fergus Moore from Chairman Antony Manzi. Unfortunately Edgware Town are currently 2-0 down nearing half time with Crawley Green scoring in the first minute and again on 42 minutes:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_crawley-green-wdwdm3e3ayra/page/1

A great game and debut for new Manager Rak Hudson at Silver Jubilee Park this evening, the score is currently 3-2 to Crawley Green with Edgware Town coming back from 3-0 down after 63 minutes and very much in the ascendancy with five minutes plus stoppage time remaining.

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I was just trying to give the dust a bit of time to settle from Agamemnon3's comments yesterday which I can only assume were said in the heat of the moment, if he is not an Edgware Town fan however then I fail to see why he made such a song and dance about Fergus's departure, why should it bother him so much. Managerial comings, goings and wranglings have always been part and parcel of football at all levels and on another thread Daily Dose even suggested Joe Sweeney's job at Bell Close wasn't safe, it was crazy talk but you just never know, who will ever be able to comprehend Claudio Ranieri's sacking at Leicester week's after what he achieved but somehow it happened. As for the Q&A between Rak Hudson and GRS67, it's superb stuff and Sports Shots could learn a thing or two with their line of questioning to Managers and players, I think Agamemnon3 genuinely meant it when he said it was a good interview.

Thank you Rhodes ?

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

A great game and debut for new Manager Rak Hudson at Silver Jubilee Park this evening, the score is currently 3-2 to Crawley Green with Edgware Town coming back from 3-0 down after 63 minutes and very much in the ascendancy with five minutes plus stoppage time 

Lots of positives as Edgware played some scintillating football at times, 20 shots on goal and coming from 0-3 to almost grab what would have been a well deserved draw.

We're far from the finished article but for a team that had never trained together let alone played together we were fantastic. 

Many teams let alone those who have been together for five minutes would have seen heads drop at 0-3, but we scored two fantastic  goals and almost got what would have been a well deserved draw. 

The celebration from the Crawley Green players at the end told you all you needed to know how close this new Edgware side ran them! 

#thewares?? 

GRS67 - I wonder how Agamemnon3 got on at his Mill Hill Safer Neighbourhoods Police team meeting or wherever he was last night trying to make it safer to walk the mean streets of Mill Hill Broadway, he has his work cut out and I'm sure he would have much rather been at Silver Jubilee Park or at another local game. As you say there were lots of positives to take, it was unfortunate that Edgware Town just happened to be playing Crawley Green of all teams with their state of the art 3g surface so they knew exactly how to adapt from the word go, it was also unfortunate they scored in the first minute catching Rak Hudson's men cold so they were immediately on the back foot. Craig Bicknell and Craig Meyrick must have breathed a huge sigh of relief at the end and wished Rak well for the remainder of the campaign, roll on Saturday 5 December and the home  game with Colney Heath.

6 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Edgware Town will play worse and win games. 

Two errors at the back gifted the visitors an early lead but on chances alone Edgware Town should have romped the game.

Were you officiating last night? 

I agree with you comments, I thought we played some scintillating football at times. 

3 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Were you officiating last night? 

You will see from page 22 of the programme that he was, I wonder if he spoke to Rak before, during or after the game as they go back a long way:

https://view.publitas.com/edgware-town-fc/etfc-prog_crawley-green-wdwdm3e3ayra/

On 03/11/2020 at 14:34, Rhodes said:

I wonder what Agamemnon3 thinks of it

GRS67 - Agamemnon3 is conspicuous by his absence today isn't he, perhaps he's busy with his Local Committees ahead of the lockdown starting tomorrow. I used to be involved with Local Committees, back in the day when I lived in Haringey, but you soon realise that it is a total waste of time and energy and you are just banging your head against a brick wall.

22 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

The "Rak Revolution" has begun 

GRS67 - Agamemnon3 is as quiet as a Church mouse isn't he, I wonder what he is up to as the lockdown starts today, perhaps he is patrolling the mean streets of Mill Hill Broadway which have sadly declined over the last 10-15 years, it used to be idyllic to live there, similar to Highgate, Crouch End and Muswell Hill for example that have gone the same way of late.

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Some interesting posts on twitter...

Some bitter people with a agenda to destroy the club. 

Time to put things in the past and move forward for the good of the club. 

A new exciting era has begun, no point dwelling on the past, what's done is done, hopefully people will move forward with us as the journey begins. 

Edited by GRS67

11 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

We're delighted to announce the signing of Stephen Ellery, to the club. A talented player who is comfortable at the heart of defense or midfield, well travelled, his previous clubs include Kashiwa Reysol of Japan, Aldershot and la liga with Granada CF #thewares ?? 

IMG-20201105-WA0000.jpg

We're delighted to announce the signing of Boris Bonket, an experienced quality centre midfielder, Boris brings with him a wealth of experience having played for Northern powerhouse Blyth Spartans, a product of Woodson Park Youth, Boris also spent time with Hayes and Yeading United 

IMG_20201105_085136_046.jpg

Edited by GRS67