Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

GRS67 - This was a frightening goal wasn't it last Tuesday evening, if Messi or Ronaldo had scored it we would never have heard the end of it:

I wonder how many other Club's in the SSML have a Sports Scientist if any:

Billede

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder how many other Club's in the SSML have a Sports Scientist if any:

Billede

You're on the ball, I was just going to post this having spent time posting all the details of Raks team as well as adding graphics. 

I'm sure you'll agree that his put together a very impressive team which bring a wealth of experience. 

Bringing in a Sports Scientist is a fantastic idea. 

GRS67 - This was a frightening goal wasn't it last Tuesday evening, if Messi or Ronaldo had scored it we would never have heard the end of it:

Yes, Tobi Corker, ex Barnet Academy has not bad for a team put together in less than 48 hours! 

On 07/11/2020 at 23:40, GRS67 said:

I'm sure you'll agree that his put together a very impressive team which bring a wealth of experience

I wonder what Rak has up his sleeve for the FA Vase Second Round tie at Southern Combination Premier Division Lancing on Saturday 5 December, they 'finished' top of the League last season when the curtain came crashing down in March however are in ninth place now after ten games having lost three times, once at home, so they are not Worldbeaters:

Billede

21 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I wonder what Rak has up his sleeve for the FA Vase Second Round tie at Southern Combination Premier Division Lancing on Saturday 5 December, they 'finished' top of the League last season when the curtain came crashing down in March however are in ninth place now after ten games having lost three times, once at home, so they are not Worldbeaters:

Billede

I wasn't aware that we're playing them on the 5th? Do you know something I don't? 

29 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

I wasn't aware that we're playing them on the 5th? Do you know something I don't? 

GRS67 - Yes, Karen reliably informed us that the Second Round ties are taking place on Saturday 5 December should the lockdown be over by then

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

the Second Round ties are taking place on Saturday 5 December should the lockdown be over by then

Our Supreme Leaders are full of sh#t all of them I trust none of them. They are all overpaid and a waste of space.

GRS67 - Yes, Karen reliably informed us that the Second Round ties are taking place on Saturday 5 December should the lockdown be over by then

I said I am expecting the FA vase to be played on the 5th given that the next round was originally scheduled for the 19th.

I did not say this was official, only the FA know what their plans are and to date they have informed no-one as to what they are

19 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

I said I am expecting the FA vase to be played on the 5th given that the next round was originally scheduled for the 19th.

I did not say this was official, only the FA know what their plans are and to date they have informed no-one as to what they are

Not like Rhodes to jump the gun ? 

As far as I'm aware we're playing Colney Heath at the home on the 5th IF lockdown restrictions are lifted... 

TBH I hope we don't play the Vase on the 5th, it'll at least give the new management and players a game or two together before playing a game in the Vase. 

I posted something about Edgware Town's all conquering 2006/2007 campaign on another thread under Steve Newing and Del Deanus and here are some photographs from their Premier Division fixture at St Margaretsbury on Saturday 3 February 2007 which they won 5-1, I gather GRS67 was in attendance, Junior Lewis, Barry Cain, Adam Wallace and Stuart Blackburne with a brace scored the goals:

St Margaretsbury FC 1-5 Edgware Town FC (3-2-07)

On 20/11/2020 at 09:12, Rhodes said:

I posted something about Edgware Town's all conquering 2006/2007 campaign on another thread under Steve Newing and Del Deanus and here are some photographs from their Premier Division fixture at St Margaretsbury on Saturday 3 February 2007 which they won 5-1, I gather GRS67 was in attendance, Junior Lewis, Barry Cain, Adam Wallace and Stuart Blackburne with a brace scored the goals:

St Margaretsbury FC 1-5 Edgware Town FC (3-2-07)

Funny enough that was one of the only games I didn't attend that season, I think I attended close to 50 +, what a season that was. 

Can you put the link to your post on Steve and Del here so I can read it please ?

IMG_20201122_231349_165.jpg

Edited by GRS67

Edgware Town are delighted to announce the signing of Colombian full-back Juan Pablo Velasco, who played for Pirin Blagoevgrad last season in the Bulgarian 2nd Division and previously for Club Deportivo Lugo in Spain. As a youth team player Juan came through the academies of Brentford and Tottenham.

IMG_20201122_231349_165.jpg

Tottenham have signed Colombia youth international Juan Pablo Gonzalez Velasco.

The 17-year-old left Brentford's academy when it closed earlier this summer and has joined Tottenham's U18s group.

The winger made his debut for Spurs in a 5-1 win over Aston Villa at Hotspur Way at the weekend, coming on as a second-half substitute.

Sky sources reported earlier this summer that Velasco had been on trial at Burnley and was also reportedly of interest to Chelsea, Southampton and Fulham's academies.

Spurs are keen to add promising talent to their academy and manager Mauricio Pochettino is noted for bringing young players through the ranks.

13 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Tottenham have signed Colombia youth international Juan Pablo Gonzalez Velasco.

The 17-year-old left Brentford's academy when it closed earlier this summer and has joined Tottenham's U18s group.

The winger made his debut for Spurs in a 5-1 win over Aston Villa at Hotspur Way at the weekend, coming on as a second-half substitute.

Sky sources reported earlier this summer that Velasco had been on trial at Burnley and was also reportedly of interest to Chelsea, Southampton and Fulham's academies.

Spurs are keen to add promising talent to their academy and manager Mauricio Pochettino is noted for bringing young players through the ranks.

That's the one ??

Edited by GRS67

11 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

That's the one ??

An interesting signing.

I've stuck that on the Brentford FC Forum.

4 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Can you put the link to your post on Steve and Del here so I can read it please ?

Yes, this is what I posted on the 'Keep The Banter Going' thread, Steve and Del were amazing weren't they and I believe you knew them well:

I see this was a really popular thread that Daily Dose created back in May 2017, I wonder why it got no replies. You have to say that the most successful SSML Manager(s) were Steve Newing and Del Deanus at Edgware Town for lifting the domestic treble in 2006/07, no other team has ever achieved that. They also reached the Fourth Round of the FA Vase that season and were unlucky to lose 1-0 at The White Lion Ground to Sussex County League Whitehawk in a replay after a 1-1 draw in Brighton, GRS67 was at both ties as well as most, if not all, of the games that season:

3 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, this is what I posted on the 'Keep The Banter Going' thread, Steve and Del were amazing weren't they and I believe you knew them well:

I see this was a really popular thread that Daily Dose created back in May 2017, I wonder why it got no replies. You have to say that the most successful SSML Manager(s) were Steve Newing and Del Deanus at Edgware Town for lifting the domestic treble in 2006/07, no other team has ever achieved that. They also reached the Fourth Round of the FA Vase that season and were unlucky to lose 1-0 at The White Lion Ground to Sussex County League Whitehawk in a replay after a 1-1 draw in Brighton, GRS67 was at both ties as well as most, if not all, of the games that season:

It up indeed a fantastic season, as the club cleared up at the end of Season awards, to the extent that a SSML official was overhead to say "not again" as we rolled up to collect yet another award! 

The youth team also won the league that season. 

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

The youth team also won the league that season. 

GRS67 - Yes, I remember you had a very good Youth set around that time, were you at this FA Youth Cup First Qualifying Round tie with Enfield Town the following 2007/08 season, on Wednesday 10 October 2007 athe White Lion Ground, Enfield Town won 3-0:

Edgware Town U18s 0 Enfield Town U18s 3 (10/10/07)

Photographs and YouTube coverage from the 2014/15 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final at Northwood FC on 20 April 2015 between Edgware Town and Enfield Town Under 21's, following an exciting 2-2 stalemate after extra time Enfield Town won 4-3 on penalties. Edgware Town had joined the SSML Division One that season following a period of obscurity for the Club since leaving the Isthmian League Division One North at the end of the 2007/08 campaign, they went on to comfortably win Division One the following 2015/16 season to return to the Premier Division they had left as Champions in 2006/07 when also winning the Challenge Trophy and Premier Division Cup:

Edgware Town 2 Enfield Town U21s 2 (29/04/15) | Flickr

(256) Middx FA | Premier Cup Final 2015 | Edgware Town v Enfield Town | 30 April 2015 - YouTube