Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

YouTube coverage and match report of Edgware Town v Biggleswade United at Silver Jubilee Park, in a 2018/19 SSML Premier Division fixture on Saturday 26 January 2019, Edgware Town won 1-0 with the goal coming from Omalolu Onabolo: 

26-01-2019 Edgware v Biggleswade Utd (edgwaretownfc.co.uk)

Edited by Rhodes

I wonder if Fergus Moore has a wry smile on his face this evening:

FA Vase First Round 'Replay'

Worthing United 3 Edgware Town 1

Billede

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Highlights already on YouTube:

(270) Highlights | Worthing United v Edgware Town | 05.12.20 - YouTube

4 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

On my way back from a very cold and wet Worthing United 

Team performed admirably with just 12 players registered before October 31st avaliable today. 

A very young team including 7 members of last seasons U18s and a keeper who at 17 playing only his second game! 

Tough on Rak as I have no doubt had he had been able to use his new signings we would have won the match comfortably. 

Glad we've got the tie out of the way now we can move on with getting back to league action and Rak can get his new signings on the pitch and I'm sure we'll do well. 

20201205_150520.jpg

A groundhopper from another Forum was at the tie and gives a comprehensive summary of his day, the attendance was apparently exactly the same as the original tie on 31 October which I'm sure is not correct:

Today was my 2nd attempt to see a FA Vase 1st Round game this season. The weather around Worthing looked like they should’ve escaped the rain/snow on Friday & the forecasts on tv looked like they shouldn’t get much rain today.
So I drove in the showers to Colchester railway station although I was held up on the A12 with a car on the outside lane facing the inside lane having crashed into the central barrier. Bizarrely on the other side of the road was another crashed car but this was by the barrier on the grass close to the inside lane.
There was surprisingly still some snow on the platform. A busy train to London with the sun out as I got closer to the capital. The supposedly fast train with only 2 stops crawled along & stopped at Kelvedon but announcement said the doors would remain locked. There would be a stop at Witham to pick up passengers who had their train cancelled due to a fallen tree which affected the cables. I can’t believe it was fixed that quickly. Both of the Southern trains I was on were quiet. Closer to the coast I was surprised to see it raining.
Plenty of puddles in Worthing & I was getting concerned that the game would be off. Thankfully walking through the retail park near the ground on the edge of Worthing, I was pleased to see the game was still on.
Buildbase FA Vase 1st Round
Worthing Utd 3 (9, 31 & 61)
Edgware Town 1 (67)

KO: 15:00 Att: 116 as per NLM. Co-incidentally same as the original game. My h/c was 108. Progs available.
Admission: £6 cash. I had my temperature taken. My NHS T&T which I hadn’t used since 4th Nov had changed & I didn’t know what to do so used the manual T&T. (On way home I noticed I had to choose my district council I belong to after being given a choice of 2)
Venue: Robert Albon Memorial Ground, Lyons Way, Worthing
I liked the ground although this was mostly because of the setting as it’s hemmed in by grass banking 3 sides of the ground.
2 floodlight pylons each side & fully railed. H/standing path 3 sides with behind one goal just having grass & a fox appeared during the game. The far side has the path sloping up behind the dugouts so you could watch from there. Behind are sloping fields. The near side has a long covered stand with 4 rows of blue seats & in one corner of the stand are 6 rows of metal terracing. Either side are grass areas. The clubhouse is down below. You could also see town(s) in the distance lower down.
Match: 5.0.3 (6th out of 16) Southern Combination League Division 1 v 3.1.6 (16th out of 21) Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Weather: Overcast. Rained throughout the 1st half with a brief heavy bit. Stopped as the ref blew for h/t. Rained most of the 2nd half & continued when I got close to the station. Stand side was a lot colder due to the breeze so I watched from other side.
Report: On this performance I wondered how on earth ET beat WU 3-0 in the original game. ET have no height in their team which helped WU ease to victory. The pitch was unsurprisingly slippy.
WU scored from a corner which was headed in. On 13mins ET player tricked his way past a few players but the shot hit the post & went wide. WU scored again as gk saved the shot but it went past him & a player scored from close range. Shots 6-3.
H/t lasted under 14mins. Lot’s of free kicks didn’t help the flow of play until WU had a free kick which was headed in for the 3rd goal. ET scored a consolation from a free kick but didn’t threaten again. On 78mins WU nearly got a 4th but the header went wide. Shots 4-4.
Worthing Utd now travel down the road to Lancing in the next round.
The train back to Colchester was quiet & the rain had stopped. In fact as I drove on my road the cars were frosted up.
Not the best day with wet miserable weather yet again. But at least I could watch some football.

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

The line up's:

Billede

6 hours ago, GRS67 said:

On my way back from a very cold and wet Worthing United 

Another groundhopper from another Forum was at the tie, the weather did sound quite unpleasant:

FA Vase 1st Round (replayed match)
Worthing Utd 3 Edgware Town 1
Admission £3 (concession) Attendance c110 (headcount)

This tie was originally played on 31st October with Edgware winning 3-0 but a re-run was ordered when it turned out that Edgware had fielded an ineligible player. Since then Edgware have changed manager and his squad alterations meant they only had twelve players to choose from as only those registered with them on the original date were eligible for selection. As a consequence the average age of today's line up was just 19 and it showed as their lower ranked opponents were too strong for them.
Worthing United started the better and took the lead on ten minutes with a replica of Laurie Sanchez's winning Cup Final goal. Edgware did create one opportunity with a shot narrowly wide of the far post but Worthing extended their lead on the half hour when the keeper could only parry a cross shot and the loose ball was knocked in from close range. Edgware started the second half with a little more urgency but were soon undone when a Worthing player was left unmarked from a free kick to head home unchallenged. Edgware managed to pull a goal back from a well hit free kick but were unable to create any other meaningful chances and Worthing played out time to secure a second round visit to very near neighbours Lancing.
I watched the match from the Matt Chaplin Terrace which forms part of the only covered accommodation in the ground. It provides a decent view of the pitch as well as the splendid backdrop of the South Downs behind. The cover was welcome as some heavy showers soon arrived to make conditions quite unpleasant. Plenty of hoppers present as well as some youngsters who decided to enjoy their cold lagers while standing out in the pouring rain. I know we've been locked down for a month but surely for those wanting a drink a country pub with a roaring fire, hot toddy and scotch egg would be preferable.

'Don't see him fighting off the job offers!'

Disappointing, though entirely predictable, that you should be taking cheap shots so soon at a man who has done so much, and is so well-respected, at your Club.

That you should choose to do this does, of course, say far more about you than it ever could about him.

8 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

'Don't see him fighting off the job offers!'

Disappointing, though entirely predictable, that you should be taking cheap shots so soon at a man who has done so much, and is so well-respected, at your Club.

That you should choose to do this does, of course, say far more about you than it ever could about him.

Nice to see you're still around, Rgodrs and I were concerned as your silence has been deafening in recent weeks. 

Your absence along with a number of other so called Edgware Town supporters were noted yesterday, when the chips were down they were nowhere to be seen! 

Regardless of the poor weather tha you believe put me off the original tie I was there yesterday along with two other committee members, no other supporters from Edgware could be bothered! 

IF and that's one hefty IF the dinosaur gets another manager role I'm sure all those so called Edgware fans will follow him as they obviously don't want any part of the exciting new era the club is about to begin! 

18 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Upcoming Games as Raks Revolution can finally begin! 

received_148379643292388.jpeg

Two Home games against two teams beginning with H ?

Those games will be good tests and interesting games.

3 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Two Home games against two teams beginning with H ?

Those games will be good tests and interesting games.

The wheels have slightly fallen off for Harefield since their fine start to the season but they're always tough opposition and games against them usually have a bit of something about them. 

It must be said our best performance this season to date IMO was the 4-2 win at Harefield. 

Our friendly with co tennants Hendon will give our new Management team a opportunity to look at thier new signings and I'm sure Rak will relish the opportunity to test himself against his old club. 

Hendon have put together a really nice programme for the friendly with Rak on the cover and plenty of articles on Edgware, it's avaliable as a download only for £1 from the Hendon website. 

Screenshot_20201206-174941_Samsung Notes.jpg

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

A groundhopper from another Forum was at the tie and gives a comprehensive summary of his day, the attendance was apparently exactly the same as the original tie on 31 October which I'm sure is not correct:

Today was my 2nd attempt to see a FA Vase 1st Round game this season. The weather around Worthing looked like they should’ve escaped the rain/snow on Friday & the forecasts on tv looked like they shouldn’t get much rain today.
So I drove in the showers to Colchester railway station although I was held up on the A12 with a car on the outside lane facing the inside lane having crashed into the central barrier. Bizarrely on the other side of the road was another crashed car but this was by the barrier on the grass close to the inside lane.
There was surprisingly still some snow on the platform. A busy train to London with the sun out as I got closer to the capital. The supposedly fast train with only 2 stops crawled along & stopped at Kelvedon but announcement said the doors would remain locked. There would be a stop at Witham to pick up passengers who had their train cancelled due to a fallen tree which affected the cables. I can’t believe it was fixed that quickly. Both of the Southern trains I was on were quiet. Closer to the coast I was surprised to see it raining.
Plenty of puddles in Worthing & I was getting concerned that the game would be off. Thankfully walking through the retail park near the ground on the edge of Worthing, I was pleased to see the game was still on.
Buildbase FA Vase 1st Round
Worthing Utd 3 (9, 31 & 61)
Edgware Town 1 (67)

KO: 15:00 Att: 116 as per NLM. Co-incidentally same as the original game. My h/c was 108. Progs available.
Admission: £6 cash. I had my temperature taken. My NHS T&T which I hadn’t used since 4th Nov had changed & I didn’t know what to do so used the manual T&T. (On way home I noticed I had to choose my district council I belong to after being given a choice of 2)
Venue: Robert Albon Memorial Ground, Lyons Way, Worthing
I liked the ground although this was mostly because of the setting as it’s hemmed in by grass banking 3 sides of the ground.
2 floodlight pylons each side & fully railed. H/standing path 3 sides with behind one goal just having grass & a fox appeared during the game. The far side has the path sloping up behind the dugouts so you could watch from there. Behind are sloping fields. The near side has a long covered stand with 4 rows of blue seats & in one corner of the stand are 6 rows of metal terracing. Either side are grass areas. The clubhouse is down below. You could also see town(s) in the distance lower down.
Match: 5.0.3 (6th out of 16) Southern Combination League Division 1 v 3.1.6 (16th out of 21) Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Weather: Overcast. Rained throughout the 1st half with a brief heavy bit. Stopped as the ref blew for h/t. Rained most of the 2nd half & continued when I got close to the station. Stand side was a lot colder due to the breeze so I watched from other side.
Report: On this performance I wondered how on earth ET beat WU 3-0 in the original game. ET have no height in their team which helped WU ease to victory. The pitch was unsurprisingly slippy.
WU scored from a corner which was headed in. On 13mins ET player tricked his way past a few players but the shot hit the post & went wide. WU scored again as gk saved the shot but it went past him & a player scored from close range. Shots 6-3.
H/t lasted under 14mins. Lot’s of free kicks didn’t help the flow of play until WU had a free kick which was headed in for the 3rd goal. ET scored a consolation from a free kick but didn’t threaten again. On 78mins WU nearly got a 4th but the header went wide. Shots 4-4.
Worthing Utd now travel down the road to Lancing in the next round.
The train back to Colchester was quiet & the rain had stopped. In fact as I drove on my road the cars were frosted up.
Not the best day with wet miserable weather yet again. But at least I could watch some football.

Have to love ground hoppers, they waffle on for ages on everything other than the match then can't even be bothered to spell Worthing United or Edgware Town! 

Perhaps if he had done his homework he would he realised the situation Edgware found themselves in. 

17 hours ago, GRS67 said:

your silence has been deafening in recent weeks

GRS67 - Agamemnon3 certainly seems to have a thing about Fergus Moore doesn't he, perhaps he knows him personally however he should just accept that the Managerial merry go round is part and parcel of football and the comings, goings and wranglings at all levels make the game what it is. If he is so bothered about Fergus being unceremoniously shown the door at Silver Jubilee Park then imagine what he must of thought about Claudio Ranieri's dismissal at Leicester week's after what he achieved and Brian Clough's 44 days at Elland Road for that matter.

Edited by Rhodes

On 05/12/2020 at 20:44, GRS67 said:

20201205_150520.jpg

It just looks like a cold ground does that ?

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

It just looks like a cold ground does that ?

It's open on 3 sides with sheep and horses grazing on the opposite side of the stand. 

The stand was decent and has some standing at the far end. 

What I did find interesting was the steps you have to walk up to get into the ground itself from the turnstiles, reminded me of old school football grounds where you would enter via the turnstiles then walk up a set of steps to get into the stand. 

Edited by GRS67