Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Another scaremonger has come out of the woodwork, you wonder where they dig these so called 'experts' up from don't you, at this rate we may as well write off next season as well:

Next pandemic is coming and could be MORE deadly than Covid, warns TV doc (thesun.co.uk)

THE next viral pandemic could be even more severe than Covid, a TV doctor has warned.
Virologist Chris van Tulleken said today: “It's not a question of if the next viral pandemic jumps, it's a question of when.
“And it's certainly possible to envisage a pandemic that will be far more severe in some ways than our current experience.”

Yep it's getting very boring and predictable now. 

Did anybody notice that Boreham Wood were unceremoniously turned down by Sport England after applying for one of their loans, the reason given was that the Club were too well run. Surely Sport England are spot on with their decision as they are not stupid, they know about all of Arsenal's millions stashed away in controversial and outspoken Chairman Danny Hunter's back pocket:

SPORT ENGLAND SAY NO | Boreham Wood Football Club

Boreham Wood chairman Danny Hunter says he was 'misled' over National League loans - BBC Sport

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

Just had it confirmed by email from the SSML that there will be No inter league Cup competition due to fans not being able to attend games before May 17th. 

Friendlys it is then?

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Just had it confirmed by email from the SSML that there will be No inter league Cup competition due to fans not being able to attend games before May 17th. 

GRS67 - So Karen's visit to York Minster on Sunday paid huge dividends for her then 

Edited by Rhodes

13 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Friendlys it is then?

Yes and we've (Edgware Town) arranged several, I'll be able to provide full details soon. 

Unfortunately as it stands at present fans won't be able to attend games so all matches will be played behind closed doors. 

1 minute ago, GRS67 said:

Yes and we've (Edgware Town) have arranged several, I'll be able to provide full details soon. 

Unfortunately as it stands at present fans won't be able to attend games so all matches will be played behind closed doors. 

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - So Karen's visit to York Minster on Sunday paid huge dividends for her then 

?

Edited by GRS67

15 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Friendlys it is then?

Savagebee - Yes, this was the brief messege sent out to Club's yesterday from the SSML:

As you will see from the following email from the FA, the current understanding is that spectators will not be allowed until 17 May at the earliest, which as the vast majority of clubs require an income from spectators to make it worthwhile financially, it is unfortunately not practical to organise a cup competition starting as late as 17 May, with all sorts of restrictions on ground availability after this date and a closing date of 31 May for matches. Kind Regards Pat Burns

Step 3 to 6 subsidiary Competitions - Published 10 Mar.pdf (ncefl.org.uk)

Edited by Rhodes

Some clubs have requested a cup competition to be played behind closed doors, the SSML are awaiting to hear which other clubs want this before deciding

17 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Some clubs have requested a cup competition to be played behind closed doors, the SSML are awaiting to hear which other clubs want this before deciding

t'll be interesting to see how many want to participate, we've (Edgware Town) have arranged a number of friendlies subject to any cup competition so we are definitely playing in April as I would suspect a number of clubs will be. 

Edited by GRS67

On 04/03/2021 at 22:46, tringarmy said:

We’ve said yes to the cup competition. The reserves are in a similar one for the Herts County League & the U16 EJA teams are due to finish their league season

TringArmy - I see that the draw for the end of season Herts Senior County League Cup competitions, or competion, took place an hour or so ago, I thought that it might have been cancelled for the same reasoning the planned SSML competition was and I know the United Counties League are having second thoughts about holding theirs going by the comments below:

So, no spectators until May 17th but Hospitality can be sold outside from April 12th. Who is going to be there to take part in the outside Hospitality? Once again, ingenious by the powers that be. So, the UCL Cup competitions are behind closed doors costing the Home club £123(?) for Officials, possibly times 5 or 6, £750!! Absolute madness, just forget it this season.

No fans no point in playing in a cup comp clubs are struggling already money wise without paying more out on refs and no clubhouse open, good idea but sadly a waste of time, see you next season

According to this depressing article the virus will be back with a vengeance in the autumn just when we have got going again:

Covid cases will soar AGAIN in Autumn warns stats chief despite hopes that Brits will be able to enjoy summer holidays (thesun.co.uk)

COVID cases will soar AGAIN in the Autumn despite hopes that Brits will be able to enjoy summer holidays, an expert has warned.

Despite the UK's world-class vaccine rollout, coronavirus is a problem that isn't just "going to go away," warned Sir Ian Diamond.

Edited by Rhodes

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

According to this depressing article the virus will be back with a vengeance in the autumn just when we have got going again:

Covid cases will soar AGAIN in Autumn warns stats chief despite hopes that Brits will be able to enjoy summer holidays (thesun.co.uk)

COVID cases will soar AGAIN in the Autumn despite hopes that Brits will be able to enjoy summer holidays, an expert has warned.

Despite the UK's world-class vaccine rollout, coronavirus is a problem that isn't just "going to go away," warned Sir Ian Diamond.

Yep that's why they should get next season started ASAP July in my opinion. Winter time is the Flu season. Simples.

On 12/03/2021 at 16:12, Karen Browne said:

Karen - Isn't that just Division Two Club's and no Premier Division and Division One Club's are interested in playing without fans and with closed Clubhouses. I gather that from 12 April 'hospitality venues' such as restaurants and pub gardens will be allowed to serve customers sitting outdoors so can Division Two Club's perhaps work that to their advantage and at least make a few quid whilst fans sit outside on their Pavilions watching the game:

Step 2 – no earlier than 12 April

Most outdoor venues open, including pubs and restaurants but only for outdoor tables and beer gardens. Customers will have to be seated but there will be no need to have a meal with alcohol.

Step by step: how England's Covid lockdown will be lifted | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Edited by Rhodes

I've heard that less than a handful of clubs were interested in playing a cup competition behind closed doors so it's a non starter. 

Just glad that my club have been pro active in sourcing 6 friendlies in April. 

They'll be clubs running around looking for games to play in April whilst others will be happy to return in July I know which I prefer! 

Edited by GRS67

Here is some FA guidance, hot, sorry, boiling off the press, the highlighted 'footnote' is slightly confusing but then what isn't these days as the goalposts keep moving:

This guidance applies to all youth & adult grassroots football & futsal. It doesn’t necessarily apply to men’s Step 3-6 & women’s Tier 3-6 (however the FA has already said fans aren’t expected to be allowed at that level).

Billede

8 hours ago, GRS67 said:

I've heard that less than a handful of clubs were interested in playing a cup competition behind closed doors so it's a non starter. 

Ten clubs ( 7 Premier and 3 Division One) want this competition and a Zoom meeting will be held on Monday night to arrange

44 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Ten clubs ( 7 Premier and 3 Division One) want this competition and a Zoom meeting will be held on Monday night to arrange

Yes, I gather Biggleswade United are one of those Premier Division Club's: 

Great news. Ten teams (7 Premier, 3 Division One) will compete in a cup competition to be organised by the SSML. The first fixture will be planned for Saturday 10th April with fixtures played on Saturdays with no midweek planned so saving on floodlight costs

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

There's a change to our 'post season' schedule in April, our home game with Biggleswade United on the 24th has been cancelled due to their participation in a SSML Cup Competition

Edited by GRS67

8 minutes ago, GRS67 said:
That's nice.. We WON'T be taking part and only 1of our 6 games has been affected.. 
Ten clubs What utter nonsense, how exactly are they going to work that out? 
There's a change to our 'post season' schedule in April, our home game with Biggleswade United on the 24th has been cancelled due to their participation in a SSML Cup Competition

GRS67 - How did you feel earlier today when you received a call from Tracey James saying Biggleswade United were cancelling the friendly scheduled for Saturday 24 April at Silver Jubilee Park