Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

8 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - How did you feel earlier today when you received a call from Tracey James saying Biggleswade United were cancelling the friendly scheduled for Saturday 24 April at Silver Jubilee Park

All fixtures were subject to change so it's fine not a issue 

Our games with Oxhey, London Colney and Amersham Town go ahead as planned 

2 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Our games with Oxhey, London Colney and Amersham Town go ahead as planned 

So at least we know that Oxhey Jets, London Colney and Amersham Town are not participating in the Cup competition, perhaps Karen can let us know who the other nine Club's are.

10 hours ago, GRS67 said:

I've heard that less than a handful of clubs were interested in playing a cup competition behind closed doors so it's a non starter. 

Just glad that my club have been pro active in sourcing 6 friendlies in April. 

They'll be clubs running around looking for games to play in April whilst others will be happy to return in July I know which I prefer! 

I’m glad my club have been proactive as well, by once again still being in the FA Vase after any other Spartan team...

I gather the seven Premier Division Club's competing in the Cup competition are Biggleswade United, Baldock Town, Colney Heath, Dunstable Town, Leverstock Green, Newport Pagnell Town and Harefield United, the three Club's from Division One are Shefford Town & Campton, London Lions and Rayners Lane. I assume it will be the winner of each group play in the Final due to time constraints and not playing midweek, otherwise it could have been the top two in each group qualifying for the Semi Finals and even having a third and fourth place playoff.

48 minutes ago, Big J R said:

It's a fiasco!!!!

Big JR - That's putting it mildly however you will know more about Guildford City and Walton & Hersham than us living in Surrey so the thought of one of those Club's visiting Leighton Town on Saturday 17 April in the FA Vase is exciting, albeit behind closed doors.

5 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Didn’t realise your Inter-Spartan Cup Games weren’t behind closed doors... hahahaha what a little banter club Edgware are.

??

Is that your best bants 

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I gather the seven Premier Division Club's competing in the Cup competition are Biggleswade United, Baldock Town, Colney Heath, Dunstable Town, Leverstock Green, Newport Pagnell Town and Harefield United, the three Club's from Division One are Shefford Town & Campton, London Lions and Rayners Lane. I assume it will be the winner of each group play in the Final due to time constraints and not playing midweek, otherwise it could have been the top two in each group qualifying for the Semi Finals and even having a third and fourth place playoff.

From 10 teams ????? SSML comedy gold! 

Edited by GRS67

59 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Big JR - That's putting it mildly however you will know more about Guildford City and Walton & Hersham than us living in Surrey so the thought of one of those Club's visiting Leighton Town on Saturday 17 April in the FA Vase is exciting, albeit behind closed doors.

Leighton Town the Leeds of the SSMFL Will no doubt claim they'll have 300 standing outside ?

7 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

From 10 teams ????? SSML comedy gold! 

The other three are Division One clubs

STOP PRESS

Another Premier Division club has requested a late entry

This is rather worrying for the FA Vase and the forthcoming Cup competitions as well as next season, there is talk of a new Covid wave within weeks in the UK due to the sudden sharp rise in infections in Europe, we could soon be back to square one:

Fears Europe's Covid third wave could spread to the UK within weeks after AstraZeneca vaccine fiasco (thesun.co.uk)

According to The Times, scientific advisers are becoming increasingly concerned that Europe’s third wave could cause a rise in cases in the UK within weeks. A government source told The Times that the rise in Europe was being watched closely, adding: “It’s a fact that when waves one and two hit Europe they hit us afterwards.”

17 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Leighton Town the Leeds of the SSMFL

Not SSML but talking of Leeds, it is a very sad day isn't it ?

Leeds legend Peter Lorimer dies at the age of 74 after long-term illness  | Daily Mail Online

Known as \'Hotshot Lorimer\' for his striking power, the Scot was deemed a legend by Leeds fans

5 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Too right, massive club 

You clearly missed the sarcasm in my comment.. Just as Leeds fans believe they're the biggest club in the county taking thousands to every game, Leighton Town fans clearly believe they're in the National League taking hundreds to game! 

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This is rather worrying for the FA Vase and the forthcoming Cup competitions as well as next season, there is talk of a new Covid wave within weeks in the UK due to the sudden sharp rise in infections in Europe, we could soon be back to square one:

Fears Europe's Covid third wave could spread to the UK within weeks after AstraZeneca vaccine fiasco (thesun.co.uk)

According to The Times, scientific advisers are becoming increasingly concerned that Europe’s third wave could cause a rise in cases in the UK within weeks. A government source told The Times that the rise in Europe was being watched closely, adding: “It’s a fact that when waves one and two hit Europe they hit us afterwards.”

If the new season is delayed or cancelled we might as well take our ball and go home for good! 

Covid isn't going anywhere, the only way out of this is the vaccine, lock the borders and only admit those who can prove they have been vaccinated.