Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

The big question is are supporters banned from non league grounds? 

If yes?

What levels?

3 hours ago, Savagebee said:

The big question is are supporters banned from non league grounds? 

If yes?

What levels?

I can’t see any ban at Step 7 games being enforceable, as most play on park pitches. If another lockdown is put in force, it could decimate clubs at Steps 5 & 6, who are already struggling. 

2 hours ago, Step 7 Jim said:

I can’t see any ban at Step 7 games being enforceable, as most play on park pitches. If another lockdown is put in force, it could decimate clubs at Steps 5 & 6, who are already struggling. 

I hope you are right mate regarding Step 7.

The game that I watched last Saturday was nearer Step 11 ? A good game though ? Which involved a ex Irish International, Brentford, Leeds United and Ipswich Town player to name a few of his old clubs ? which was a nice suprise. He was still playing in the Championship in 2017 ?

It seems as if we have got away with it for now doesn't it and, following yesterday's Government announcement, Grassroots and Non League (Step 3 and below) football can continue as before, phew. The only change is that a 10.00pm 'curfew' apparently applies to bars and Club houses with immediate effect, I'm not sure how that's supposed to work however players and match Officials can quicky get showered and changed after a game in order to get a pint or two in at the bar before it closes, we may find more 7.30pm kick off times as opposed to 7.45pm:

Billede

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It seems as if we have got away with it for now doesn't it:

Yep for now.

Right now Divisions 1, 2 and Non League Steps 1 & 2 look like the biggest losers in this decision.

At long last Shop staff, Pub staff and Restaurant staff now have to wear face masks. It's taken long enough.

If as the government say that wearing face masks inside buildings is so important than everyone should be wearing them or it defeats the object.

Anyway at least we can all watch some footy in the fresh air this Sat ? 

#Enjoy?

Edited by Savagebee

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Step 7 and below to have no fans at all at training or matches

Is that for the Step 7 leagues in Durham and Northumberland ??

The National League have a dilemma on their hands at the moment don't they, the League is due to start tomorrow week (Saturday 3 October), however currently no spectators are being allowed to attend 'elite-football' which Steps 1 and 2 has been classed to be. There is hope of a financial package being put in place, through the Government, which will hopefully allow all National League Club's to cope with playing without fans however, apparently, the cost of playing behind closed doors totals around £3/4 million every month so can you see Boris Johnson happily signing off that amount of money every month for the forseeable future:

Billede

There's an interesting thread on another Forum entitled 'Clubhouses', Tring Corinthians AFC are mentioned and praised for their proactive stance:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/clubhouses.2651/

Tring Corinthians were very hot on the issue yesterday - admission vis the NHS Covid app if you've got it, a forehead temperature check, hand gel, and only six people allowed in the compact and bijou clubhouse at any time.

I see that there is another meeting between the FA and Step 5 and Step 6 Leagues tomorrow (Wednesday) evening at 6.30pm, I am not sure what good these meetings are doing or the point of having them as nothing seems to be happening or changing, it's just the blazers at the FA wanting to look as if they are doing something which they are not:

Billede

Although I have no sympathy whatsoever for Wealdstone after what they 'criminally' did to Ruislip Manor this is still laughable, particularly for their first game back as a Step 1 Club on Saturday since the old Alliance Premier League and Conference days in the 1980's before being relegated in 1987/88:

No description available.

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Although I have no sympathy whatsoever for Wealdstone after what they 'criminally' did to Ruislip Manor this is still laughable, particularly for their first game back as a Step 1 Club on Saturday since the old Alliance Premier League and Conference days in the 1980's before being relegated in 1987/88:

No description available.

? A joke!

9 hours ago, Savagebee said:

? A joke!

Savagebee - I wonder if it could be 'karma' though for what Wealdstone did to Ruislip Manor, they say that 'the Lord works in mysterious ways' don't they.

There's debate on another Forum following the Government's agreement to 'bail out' the National League so they can commence their season on Saturday without fans present, I gather a 'rescue package' deal of £20 million has been agreed however that's not going to go very far and I can see it all ending in tears if Covid-19 drags on and on, the Government won't be willing to stump up again if the National League go back to them cap in hand:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/taxpayer-to-bail-out-the-national-league.2736/

Not sure what to think of this but it raises a number of questions. Is the VNL really elite, thereby justifiably prevented (by current criteria) from having spectators? Should the taxpayer pick up the tab because the VNL believes it is elite? Will this funding be enough? Will it end up giving a free pass to badly run clubs and/or effectively penalise well run clubs who've cut their cloth accordingly? Does it establish a precedent by which the taxpayer will bail out the EFL too? Etc etc.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There's debate on another Forum following the Government's agreement to 'bail out' the National League so they can commence their season on Saturday without fans present, I gather a 'rescue package' deal of £20 million has been agreed however that's not going to go very far and I can see it all ending in tears if Covid-19 drags on and on, the Government won't be willing to stump up again if the National League go back to them cap in hand:

It's a 'done deal' but only £10 million, that's not going to last five minutes is it:

The National League season will start as planned tomorrow after the government pledged £10 million to help the 67 clubs play matches behind closed doors. 

The government said on Tuesday it would support Non-League’s top two tiers and now the National League has received confirmation of their aid.

The NLP understands the £10 million grant will be split between the National League, North and South over the first three months of the season before the situation will then be reviewed, with the government committed to continuing its support beyond then if needed.

A National League statement read: “In recent weeks, The National League and The Football Association have been engaged with Government to address the revenue shortfall expected by member clubs caused by the pause to the safe return of spectators. 

The National League has now received confirmation of significant financial grant-aid support from the Government to compensate clubs for essential revenue lost from fans not returning in October, and has communicated with its member clubs to provide reassurance ahead of the season start. 

The 2020/21 National League season will now commence on 3 October as planned with clubs playing ‘behind closed doors’ in compliance with the elite sport protocols.”

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/31570/the-national-league-to-receive-10-million-rescue-package-from-government/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody actually understand the Government's so called 'Tier System' that was introduced recently, what is it all about. It seems like just another forlorn 'dreamt up' idea, probably by Dominic Cummings, to make out Boris Johnson is at least trying to do something constructive:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-levels-what-you-need-to-know

Billede

The beleaguered North West Counties League have been particularly hard hit of late due to the local rise in Covid-19 cases and their Club's are being asked to vote on three options, namely, 1.Suspend the season until end of Oct, 2. Suspend games for Club's in ‘tier 3’ lockdowns, 3. Continue with the campaign. I hope it will never come to that situation with the SSML:

Billede

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

The beleaguered North West Counties League have been particularly hard hit of late due to the local rise in Covid-19 cases and their Club's are being asked to vote on three options, namely, 1.Suspend the season until end of Oct, 2. Suspend games for Club's in ‘tier 3’ lockdowns, 3. Continue with the campaign. I hope it will never come to that situation with the SSML:

Billede

whatphrase_32785_508192.gif