Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Savagebee

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

On 05/11/2020 at 20:07, Savagebee said:

Yeah get on with it on the 5th ffs.

Savagebee - Yes, hopefully Karen has seen sense as, surprisingly, she posted earlier that 'football will not start immediately after the 2nd December, Club's will want a period of between two and four weeks to get fit ready to start again'. I don't think that will be the case at all and someone like Joe Sweeney for example or Craig Bicknell will just want to roll up their sleeves and get on with it. There's a thread on another Forum that indicates most League's will resume on Saturday 5 December:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/provisional-resumption-dates.3090/page-4

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, hopefully Karen has seen sense as, surprisingly, she posted earlier that 'football will not start immediately after the 2nd December, Club's will want a period of between two and four weeks to get fit ready to start again'. I don't think that will be the case at all and someone like Joe Sweeney for example or Craig Bicknell will just want to roll up their sleeves and get on with it. There's a thread on another Forum that indicates most League's will resume on Saturday 5 December:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/provisional-resumption-dates.3090/page-4

I'm sure most players are keeping fit during this waste of time lockdown.

SSML Clubs will get their say on a resumption date at the forthcoming Divisional meetings next week.

To date some clubs want to re-start straight away while others want a two week period before re-starting.

Decisions will be made by the Management Committee after they have heard the club's views

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

To date some clubs want to re-start straight away while others want a two week period before re-starting

I would be interested to know which Club's want a two week period before re-startng, maybe they could be 'named and shamed'

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I would be interested to know which Club's want a two week period before re-startng, maybe they could be 'named and shamed'

Referees want to crack on if that helps. 🙃

27 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Perhaps you will be allocated New Salamis v Bedford on Saturday 5 December if we are back up and running as Edgware Town v Colney Heath, London Colney v Eynesbury Rovers, North Greenford United v Harefield United and Wembley v Leighton Town will all be postponed if the FA Vase 2nd Round goes ahead that day. 

54 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

👍

6 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

SSML Clubs will get their say on a resumption date at the forthcoming Divisional meetings next week.

To date some clubs want to re-start straight away while others want a two week period before re-starting.

Decisions will be made by the Management Committee after they have heard the club's views

Thanks for the update 👍

Hope they re start ASAP as there is no time to waste this season also I'm sure we are in for some wet/cold days where games could get called off also our Supreme Leaders could want another Lockdown so the well off can put there feet up again 😉

Edited by Savagebee

Fairly sure lockdown will be extended so this is all moot. 

On 14/11/2020 at 21:40, Winslow Boy said:

Fairly sure lockdown will be extended so this is all moot. 

For once I hope you are wrong WB.

On 14/11/2020 at 15:28, Karen Browne said:

I see that the Essex Senior League aim to restart on Saturday 5 December if restrictions allow, the decision was made following a democratic process with their member Club's. If the SSML Management Committee are doing likewise then we will also resume on 5 December, there surely can't be more than two or three pernickety Club's who want a later re-start and it would  be interesting to know who they are.

54 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Yes, that's an interesting statement from the Isthmian League isn't it:

Pitching In Isthmian season to restart on Saturday 19th December (*we hope)!

The Board of the Isthmian League met today and agreed- subject to government approval- that our football will start again on Saturday 19th December, so long as spectators are allowed to attend.

The season will also be extended- to May 22nd, with the Playoffs scheduled for the following Bank Holiday weekend.

If clubs would like to play a fixture prior to Saturday 19th, subject again to there being no government restrictions, then the League will agree so long as five days notice is given to enable match officials to be appointed.

A letter from our Chairman, Nick Robinson, has just been sent to all clubs covering these details and much more besides. Club secretaries, please check your inbox!

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, that's an interesting statement from the Isthmian League isn't it:

Pitching In Isthmian season to restart on Saturday 19th December (*we hope)!

The Board of the Isthmian League met today and agreed- subject to government approval- that our football will start again on Saturday 19th December, so long as spectators are allowed to attend.

The season will also be extended- to May 22nd, with the Playoffs scheduled for the following Bank Holiday weekend.

If clubs would like to play a fixture prior to Saturday 19th, subject again to there being no government restrictions, then the League will agree so long as five days notice is given to enable match officials to be appointed.

A letter from our Chairman, Nick Robinson, has just been sent to all clubs covering these details and much more besides. Club secretaries, please check your inbox!

If our Supreme Leaders let us out of our prison cells 😉 on the 2nd then leagues should get on with it ASAP in my opinion because what if we have another Lockdown? (I wouldn't put it past our Supreme Leaders) or 💩 weather? The season might end up finishing in July or something? Which to be honest wouldn't bother me 😀 footy all year round and through the summer sounds good to Savagebee 😂

🤔

Edited by Savagebee

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

If our Supreme Leaders let us out of our prison cells on the 2nd then leagues should get on with it ASAP

Savagebee - Tell that to Karen, she seems all in favour of a later start such as 12 or 19 December, I don't know why as all the fixtures she set for 5 December are nicely in place

The FA have written to all Step 5 and Step 6 Leagues ahead of the next meeting on Thursday 26 November, at least it is a little bit more informative and clear this time from the blazers which makes a change:

Billede

On 19/11/2020 at 07:35, Savagebee said:

If our Supreme Leaders let us out of our prison cells 😉 on the 2nd then leagues should get on with it ASAP in my opinion because what if we have another Lockdown? (I wouldn't put it past our Supreme Leaders) or 💩 weather? The season might end up finishing in July or something? Which to be honest wouldn't bother me 😀 footy all year round and through the summer sounds good to Savagebee 😂

🤔

There would have to be a Rule change for that to happen as it would overlap the following season.

My guess is that end of May would be the cut off point to complete the fixtures.

Lets start the clock then, so far it doesn't appear there is going to be an extension to the lockdown beyond Wednesday 2 December thank goodness:

Billede

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Lets start the clock then, so far it doesn't appear there is going to be an extension to the lockdown beyond Wednesday 2 December thank goodness:

🙏

But can you trust them to keep there word?

I don't trust none of those overpaid scumbags!