Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 15 September - SSML Premier Division Results/Reports

31 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

3-3 Oxhey Jets v Harpenden Town Attendance: 76

Two goals for Lewis Putman he's up and running.

Savagebee - Yes, not before time though, do you think Lewis has been trying to live up to his reputation ever since scoring those 81 goals for Oxhey Jets in the 2012/13 season, I know you said he did well at Hanwell Town during 2014/15 but he was only at Reynolds Field for less than half that season before moving to Aylesbury United:

The boss was even more pleased after Harps were held to a 3-3 draw at Oxhey Jets in their opening Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division fixture.

Ashley Lewis put Oxhey in front but Nathan McGreevy equalised before half-time.

Lewis Putman put Jets back in front but two goals in three minutes, one from Jake Anthony and the other from Jake Collins, left Harpenden ahead with 13 minutes to go.

Putman though grabbed an equaliser with four minutes to go and Nathan said that was slightly harsh on his team.

He said: “It was a great start in the league for the lads. We fully deserved to win the game but a point away from home against a tough Oxhey side is a good start.”

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/herts-advertiser-football-round-up-1-6841241

21 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

0-2 London Colney v Harefield United Attendance: 58

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Cotlandswick last night:

London Colney 0 - 2 Harefield United HT 0 - 1
Cotlandswick Fields, Hertfordshire, AL2
Spartan South Midlands Premier League - Step 5
Attendance 58...and 1 dog
Adm £7/4
No paper programme.

London Colney in Hertfordshire is situated between the M25, and A414, on the A1081, a small town, and has a useful retail park with a big M&S and Sainsburys, that was extended a few years ago to include a Boots, Next, and other clothing retail stores.
My Satnav directed me to the new Leisure Centre which is next door to the ground with ample free parking for up to 4 hours. The official FC Club entrance is off the dual carriageway of the A414, the rumble of traffic heard throughout the game. I was forewarned by the friendly man on the 'Gate', that owing to the Leisure Centre not being as busy lately due to Corona, the car park is sometimes closed earlier than the advertised 22:30 time, so to be away as quickly as possible to avoid being 'Locked In'. Very glad I did as I saw on Twitter one spectator was locked in at 21:55 with 8 other cars!
Entering from the Leisure Centre side are several varying sized 3G cages that were in full use. Also a small childrens' play area. The turnstile wasn't in use, I entered through the adjoining gate, and was asked to go in to the bar for temperature check and give written track and grace details. The bar inside was clean and spacious with an area to one side for the Committee members. I didnt hang around indoors, preferring to keep outdoors in the 'fresh air'. There were some picnic tables outside and down the left hand side of the pitch is the main stand. Blue plastic flip seats, with every alternate seat taped off. 2 seats had been removed to make space for an old, small table for use of the Press. On the opposite touchline are the brick built dugouts. Immediately behind the dugouts is the access road, down which cars were parked nose to tail, as the small car park by the bar was full.
The game was fairly well matched to start with, then Harefield started to push forward managing to score first. In to the second half and Harefield definitely had the edge, although LC did manage a couple of shots towards the goal, but nothing too testing for the Harefield GK.

Edited by Karen Browne

19 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

2-3 Tring Athletic v Crawley Green Attendance: 106

Some YouTube highlights from Cow Lane last night:

On 15/09/2020 at 22:33, Karen Browne said:

2-3 Tring Athletic v Crawley Green Attendance: 106

A groundhopper from another Forum was in attendance at Cow Lane on Tuesday, parking around the ground must have been a nightmare with the rugby Club also playing:

Tring Athletic 2-3 Crawley Green
Spartan South Midlands Premier

First visit for 12 years, I'm not sure too much has changed (possibly the small area of cover on the far side), but it's a decent and well kept ground. The car park was full on arrival as the rugby club were also at home. It didn't take Crawley Green long to open the scoring, by which point they'd already hit the bar and had a penalty saved. Tring got into the game and levelled half an hour in, but could only maintain parity for a couple of minutes, before their defence parted allowing a run through it. A second equaliser eventually arrived with a little over ten minutes to go. Thereafter Tring generally looked the more likely to score, but with their one decent chance it was Crawley Green who netted a 90th minute winner.

Edited by Karen Browne

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, not before time though, do you think Lewis has been trying to live up to his reputation ever since scoring those 81 goals for Oxhey Jets in the 2012/13 season, I know you said he did well at Hanwell Town during 2014/15 but he was only at Reynolds Field for less than half that season before moving to Aylesbury United:

That half a season (2014/15) that he was at Hanwell Town he was superb and that was at Step 4. I wish he had finished that season with the club. I'm told that he threw his toys out of his pram after a away game at Egham Town after he was subbed and was offered a few quid more at Aylesbury United.

He wasn't at Aylesbury United long as well.

He did ok at Slough Town for a couple of seasons but he just never seems to settle anywhere and he was always going to end up going home to Oxhey Jets at some point.

I will always have a soft spot for Puts.

On 15/09/2020 at 23:33, Karen Browne said:

1-1 Dunstable Town v Baldock Town Attendance: 108

YouTube highlights from Creasey Park:

Edited by Rhodes

Not too many match reports about from Tuesday evening:

Premier Division

Arlesey Town 2 Colney Heath 3

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/arlesey-town-v-colney-heath-match-report-1-6840111?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3 Leverstock Green 1

https://www.aylesburyvaledynamos.co.uk/teams/77541/match-centre/1-6378494/report

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/200915f/

Biggleswade United 2 Newport Pagnell Town 3

https://biggleswadeutd.com/Matchreport.aspx?id=469096

Dunstable Town 1 Baldock Town 1

London Colney 0 Harefield United 2

North Greenford United 3 Edgware Town 1

Oxhey Jets 3 Harpenden Town 3

Potton United 4 Eynesbury Rovers 1

Tring Athletic 2 Crawley Green 3

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=3821

https://www.theclubhq.com/crawleygreenfc/team/KK7x9iPNyqZxrgrXu/news/osTFBM5ZPwKsweHLT

Wembley 0 Broadfields United 2

On 15/09/2020 at 23:33, Karen Browne said:

4-1 Potton United v Eynesbury Rovers Attendance: 109

A report and match programme from the Hutchinson Hollow:

https://issuu.com/pottonunitedfc/docs/potton_united_vs_eynesbury_rovers_15.09.20__1_

Tuesday 15th September 2020

Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division

POTTON UNITED 4 EYNESBURY ROVERS 1

It was an unhappy return to his former club for Eynesbury Rovers manager Steve Kuhne as he saw his charges go down 4-1 in the opening league fixture of the season. James Hatch had equalised for Rovers but two goals in the lead up to half-time put the hosts in a commanding position which they never looked like relinquishing.
Potton started brightly and had an early penalty appeal turned down before Aarron McArdle had his shot tipped behind for a corner by Shay Griffiths. From that corner a Potton player headed wide. Eynesbury thought they had taken the lead in the 12th minute when Hatch threaded a through ball for Jordan Brown to run on to. He slotted it past Josh Mollison in the hosts’ goal but had been flagged offside. Just a minute later United went ahead when Ibraham Camara netted from close range as the visitors appealed for offside.
Both sides exchanged chances with Mollison denying Brown and Hatch had his shot blocked. McArdle shot wide from 18 yards for Potton before Eynesbury equalised. Kye Andrews (pictured) pounced on a defensive error, beat the goalkeeper and squared the ball across the six yard box for Hatch to score his fourth goal of the season.
However, in the 39th minute Potton regained the lead as Luke Pyman was allowed to run from his own half before shooting past Griffiths. Rovers’ goalkeeper got his hand to the ball but could not keep it out. Six minutes later Potton went 3-1 ahead when Pyman scored from inside the penalty area.
There were fewer chances after the break but Eynesbury’s Shay Griffiths saved well from McArdle and David Etheridge shots but was unable to keep out McArdle’s effort on 72 minutes. Callum Wilson fired over and Rafe Goodman glanced a header wide as Potton continued to dominate.
Rovers’ best chances came to Jordan Brown, but his shot was saved by the feet of Mollison, and James Hatch, but his 18 yard effort was also saved by the goalkeeper