Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg Cup - 1st round qualifying results. 2nd rnd matches- 3rd Oct by 15:00

Jago

Well.  A week of ups and downs.  Excellent performance on Tuesday agaunst "runaway league leaders" (who'd have thought it?) Bowers in the Cup.  Yesterday?  Not so good.  Clearly left our shooting boots in the dressing rooms.  Onwards to the traditional Tuesday night schlep to Margate.

Anyway - never mind the real world,  I know you're dying to know how you got on in the all important Emergency Cup.  All I can say is the scores were fairly closesly clustered so there's still plenty to play for in the second (AND FINAL) qualifying round.  Even Cup of Tea, AKA "what day of the week is it again?", only needs to make up 6 goals.  (Yeah OK - he's out....  now go on and prove me wrong!).  I reckon the top 3 can probably relax but they won't be getting any reminder texts from me, that's for sure.

Remember the top 16 aggregate scores at the end of this week go through to the First Round Proper, with tie break on crowd predictions.  Our two new joiners (in red) both got their bonus goal - but looking at the table this now looks like an unnecessarily generous offer... how typical of Jago's kind and generous nature I'm sure you are all saying.    Anyway - well done to Kentish Maid and to Nick.  Just goes to show any fool can play this.  BTW -  KM - do you want to have a team name?  I forgot to ask.

And without more waffle - here's the current table :

image.png.c171f0e4e3967c6795b3c4fdad2bfdff.png

And here are next week's fixtures:

PL Emergency Cup, 2nd qualifying round, Sat 3rd Oct by 15:00

The Premier League looks a bit predictable (not by us, obviously), so we head off to the lower reaches...

Spartak Moscow v Zenit St P
Reading v Watford
Charlton v Sunderland
Maldon & T v Grays (FAC)
Woolfamstow v ‘ornchurch
Att:

That's all folks.  See you at Walthamstow hopefully.

Jago

Spartak Moscow 1 v 1 Zenit St P
Reading 0 v 3 Watford
Charlton 1 v 2 Sunderland
Maldon & T 2 v 0 Grays (FAC)
Woolfamstow 0 v 5 ‘ornchurch
Att:304

"Anyway - well done to Kentish Maid and to Nick.  Just goes to show any fool can play this.  BTW -  KM - do you want to have a team name?  I forgot to ask."

You forgot to ask. Huh.  I'll have to have a think.  Any fool....huh

Oh, just found that foreign stuff score....spot on!  Who were they again???

1 hour ago, Kentish Maid said:

"Anyway - well done to Kentish Maid and to Nick.  Just goes to show any fool can play this.  BTW -  KM - do you want to have a team name?  I forgot to ask."

You forgot to ask. Huh.  I'll have to have a think.  Any fool....huh

Excellent name that.   "Any fool....huh FC"    (I'll use that until otherwise noified ?)

BTW - the foreign game is normally too close to call so if you go for a draw you'll not be far off (though sometimes I slip in a banker just to make sure you are all awake).

Spartak Moscow 2 v  2 Zenit St P
Reading 2 v 1 Watford
Charlton 1 v 2 Sunderland
Maldon & T 3 v 1 Grays (FAC)
Woolfamstow 0 v 3 ‘ornchurch
Att:289

Archived