Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg Cup - The qualifiers are confirmed - Sat 10 Oct by 15:00

Jago

Hello everyone.  What an amazing transformation at Walthamstow - last time I went there (2007 ?) there were about six home fans and the normal crew from the Urchins - now they seem to have acquired quite an impressive home support - well done them.  (Bit Dulwich Hamletesque but that's fine by me).

You may have spotted that the crowd hasn't been announced on Footballwebpages, (no really, you might have!), but Nonleaguematters confirms it as a full house of 300 (I reckon that's a few short myself!). So we're going with that as far as the Prediction League Cup is concerned.

And WHAT an amazing week of cup football it turned out to be. Let's focus on the LOSERS first.   Fat Tom was obviously supping from the Cup of Complacency - our first week leader decided he'd already done enough to qualify and rested his entire squad for the second week... and OUT HE GOES.  Dinamo must be rubbing his eyes in disbelief as he unexpectedly squeaked into that final qualification place. 
Also OUT OUT OUT are Lord Upminsta and Mr D - who happen to be the two most recent league winners.  Are these "Billy Big Bootz" taking the cup seriously one wonders?  And the final two dropout places go to Cup of Tea (who had a forgetful first week but at least tried in week 2), and Urchin Yid who turned up both weeks ... and that's about all he did.

I'm not going to dwell on the success stories.  Nobody likes a winner. But the rest of you are safely through.  I suppose a grudging well done to MikeMike who is an aggregate 4 out on the attendance over two games - I can't see that ever happening again - and to Lady Jago, who tops the qualification (and no I can't see that happening again either).

The draw for the First Round Proper will be posted once Baby Jago can spare the time to find 16 correctly numbered bingo counters.

In the meantime I will leave you to ponder your position (which is also your draw number), and next week's prediction games which flip over into Sunday to get the England, Wales and Ireland matches in.

image.png.559045adc3ae17d1a0d83cdc79ee3fac.png

Prediction League Cup - First Round proper - by 15:00, 10th October

England v Belgium
Ireland v Wales
Gillingham v Oxford
Barrow v The Os
Kingstonian v Hornchurch
Att :

Watch this space for the first round draw.

Jago.

England 0 v 0 Belgium
Ireland 0 v 2 Wales
Gillingham v Oxford
Barrow 1v 2 The Os
Kingstonian 1 v 3 Hornchurch
Att :270

11 minutes ago, Mick the bat said:

England 0 v 0 Belgium
Ireland 0 v 2 Wales
Gillingham v Oxford
Barrow 1v 2 The Os

What is it you know that we don't know about the Gillingham-Oxford match Mick?

11 hours ago, Mick the bat said:

England 0 v 0 Belgium
Ireland 0 v 2 Wales
Gillingham v Oxford
Barrow 1v 2 The Os

Gillingham 3 v 2 Oxford

England  1 v 1 Belgium
Ireland 1 v 1 Wales
Gillingham 2v 2 Oxford
Barrow  2 v 1 The Os
Kingstonian 1 v 2 Hornchurch
Att :301

OK - for those of you who have not watched the "live draw" as posted above (and I can't say I blame you - even I fell asleep during it) here is the draw for the First round proper in typed-up format. "Homes by Urchin Queen".  "Aways by Baby Jago".  So blame them.

image.png.e9251cf5510a58df2b8369e6661a6026.png

Exciting isn't it?

Nb. As I suspect it will be difficult to get current League winner Lord Upminster the trophy to fill the space he has cleared on his mantelpiece - here's a picture of the highly coveted, solid gold, craftsman-engraved pot.  You will note the new marble plinth, as added by Sinclairs of Aldershot (Goldsmiths to Her Majesty I'm sure).   Unfortunately they have twisted the baller round a quarter turn so you can't see what the trophy is for - but it all adds to the mystique.

I suggest you take a photo of it Lord, and place it over the fire (or in it!).  I'll leave it behind the bar tonight - or Mr D can take it for another 6 months seeing as he had it last year but without his name on it poor chap.

1142024165_TrophyOct20.thumb.jpeg.6940971c2eb25784b6d8ccd53e77071c.jpeg

England 1 v 0 Belgium
Ireland 1 v 1 Wales
Gillingham 1 v 2  Oxford
Barrow2 v1 The Os
Kingstonian 1 v 3 Hornchurch 

Att:322

Archived