Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Covid Postponements

The following fixtures have been postponed due to Covid

Saturday 10 October

Bovingdon v Mursley United

Saturday 17 October

Bovingdon v MK Gallacticos

Karen - Thanks for informing us, it's worrying news. Do you have any plans to bring Mursley United and Totternhoe together tomorrow and MK Gallacticos and The 61 FC (Luton) next week on 17 October.

13 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Saturday 10 October

Saturday 17 October

There's no information on Bovingdon's Twitter page or elsewhere and, even more strangely, the Club's two Herts Senior County League games appear to still be going ahead tomorrow (Saturday), at Knebworth in Division One and, even more mystifyingly, at home to Harpenden Rovers in Division Three, what on earth is going on.

22 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Saturday 10 October

Saturday 17 October

Karen - It's strange there is no mention of Bovingdon on another Forum on a thread entitled 'Covid Cancellations' so pretty much identical to this one, I know that you posted on the 'Games Off' thread in order to reliably inform members that Bovingdon v Mursley United is off this afternoon however it's still not clear what is going on at Green Lane and why their 'A' team's Herts Senior County League Division Three fixture appears to still be going ahead today as well as their Reserves Division One game at Knebworth:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/covid-cancellations.2517/

I'm surprised Karen hasn't posted that Holland v Colney Heath is postponed this afternoon in the FA Vase due to a Covid-19 outbreak at the Eastern Counties League Division One South Club's Dulwich Road ground, I gather the tie has been re-arranged for next Saturday so that has unfortunately 'scuppered' the eagerly awaited Colney Heath v Harpenden Town SSML Premier Division fixture. I'm surprised that the same rules for the FA Vase do not apply as with the FA Cup whereby a Club with Covid-19 has to forfeit the tie:

Our #FAVase tie at

is OFF due to Covid-19 amongst the home club players. We await FA guidance on a new date & wish a speedy recovery to all players & club members involved

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I'm surprised that the same rules for the FA Vase do not apply as with the FA Cup whereby a Club with Covid-19 has to forfeit the tie

Further to the above, this is the FA Vase ruling however where's the consistency with the FA Cup, look at what has transpired whereby Harpenden Town are now left in the lurch next Saturday through no fault of their own: 

Billede

On 09/10/2020 at 10:43, Karen Browne said:

Saturday 10 October

Saturday 17 October

Karen - How is it that Bovingdon 'A' entertain Hatfield Town Under 23's this afternoon in a Herts Senior County League Division Three fixture, it was the same last Saturday when they played Harpenden Rovers at Green Lane.

There's a thread on another Forum with the same name, it makes depressing reading with the doom and gloom merchants having an absolute field day:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/covid-cancellations.2517/page-13

Football will soon start realising that we are going to end up with another abandoned season, the way things are going

On 17/10/2020 at 17:52, Rhodes said:

There's a thread on another Forum with the same name, it makes depressing reading with the doom and gloom merchants having an absolute field day:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/covid-cancellations.2517/page-13

Football will soon start realising that we are going to end up with another abandoned season, the way things are going

I quite agree.

Archived