Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10 October - SSML Results/Reports

45 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

You're only allowed 300 unless you're including all committee members in a attempt to get over 300? 

Well, not really an attempt if we did??

As far as I’m aware, committee members are not included in that 300. The club would never break any rules like that, why would they? 

Highest in the country, joint highest in the country, whatever. Still amazing support at a club MASSIVELY on the up.

8 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Well, not really an attempt if we did??

As far as I’m aware, committee members are not included in that 300. The club would never break any rules like that, why would they? 

Highest in the country, joint highest in the country, whatever. Still amazing support at a club MASSIVELY on the up.

Did you know that Covid-19 can count ?

3 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Bugger.??

Hope you're all keeping social distancing in Leighton, don't want an outbreak in your little part of the world! 

Great crowd, I agree but I would imagine there's very little else to do in Leighton Buzzard on a Saturday and the "Yooths" have to get thier entertainment some how ?

4 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Hope you're all keeping social distancing in Leighton, don't want an outbreak in your little part of the world! 

Great crowd, I agree but I would imagine there's very little else to do in Leighton Buzzard on a Saturday and the "Yooths" have to get thier entertainment some how ?

Good to see you’ve been at Bell Close in the last year because you couldn’t be more wrong.

Our supporters are actual supporters. They come week in, week out, that’s a core group of about 200. At the minute, because people have seen how good an atmosphere we have, others who would regularly attend Luton/Dons etc, are also coming to see what’s going on, as well as others from around the Town.

We all get our entertainment at Bell Close, because it’s our football club. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Good to see you’ve been at Bell Close in the last year because you couldn’t be more wrong.

Our supporters are actual supporters. They come week in, week out, that’s a core group of about 200. At the minute, because people have seen how good an atmosphere we have, others who would regularly attend Luton/Dons etc, are also coming to see what’s going on, as well as others from around the Town.

We all get our entertainment at Bell Close, because it’s our football club. 

We couldn't play you last season because of Covid, we were due to visit at the end of this month but we're in the Vase. 

I'm looking forward to visiting this season, it'll be a bumper crowd, as we have a large committee I'm sure it'll be recorded at 330 at least! 

If all clubs start counting their Committee and that of thier opponents we'll see a rise in the attendances, if we're working on that basis then we had 175 at least last Friday! 

Bottom line is Yes you are getting good crowds, that's great, but why feel the need to inflate them futher by adding committee members to take you over the 300 limit, just so you can get the "best crowd" tag.. 

Oh and you said best crowd in the country? Did you mean at Step 5 because Step 3/4 clubs got far larger with a bigger cap 

Edited by GRS67

29 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

We couldn't play you last season because of Covid, we were due to visit at the end of this month but we're in the Vase. 

I'm looking forward to visiting this season, it'll be a bumper crowd, as we have a large committee I'm sure it'll be recorded at 330 at least! 

If all clubs start counting their Committee and that of thier opponents we'll see a rise in the attendances, if we're working on that basis then we had 175 at least last Friday! 

Bottom line is Yes you are getting good crowds, that's great, but why feel the need to inflate them futher by adding committee members to take you over the 300 limit, just so you can get the "best crowd" tag.. 

Oh and you said best crowd in the country? Did you mean at Step 5 because Step 3/4 clubs got far larger with a bigger cap 

Yes, obviously at step 5.

i don’t think it’s a need to inflate them at all, just dimpling adding them on because they are watching the game like everyone else! 
oh well, don’t really care, just happy our support is fantastic 

5 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Did you know that Covid-19 can count ?

5 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Bugger.??

Covid-19 also knows the difference between one and half metres and two metres ? 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I’m surprised just how intelligent this virus is, very impressive stuff! 

It is isn't it ?

On 10/10/2020 at 18:57, Karen Browne said:

DIVISION ONE

0-0 Bedford v Buckingham Athletic Attendance: 50

I know Bedford Town were at home however the attendance of 50 was very disappointing wasn't it:

Billede

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Division Two

Buckingham United 4 Sarratt 1

Video coverage from the Lace Hill Sports and Community Centre, courtesy of Sports Shots:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/10/12/ssmfl-d2-buckingham-united-4-sarratt-1/

On 12/10/2020 at 01:20, Rhodes said:

Division Two

Aston Clinton 3 Codicote 4

A belated match report, I wondered why Karen had put the wrong result up on Full Time:

https://www.codicotefc.co.uk/item.php?pg=results&pd=1026&it=207#report

In showbiz we have a saying “It’s not until the fat lady sings” In football it’s not over till the fat goalkeeper cries. The case must be that Aston Clinton’s secretary has not heard that, in the 87th minute a 3-2 win for Aston Clinton was the final score sent to the league secretary.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I wondered why Karen had put the wrong result up on Full Time:

How many more times do I have to spell it out to you

Details of results on Full Time are submitted by the clubs and NOT ME

Karen - Yes, apologies for that however wouldn't it be far better to bring back the old traditional way of phoning in results after games, it was far better back in the day, that's probably why you sometimes don't get results on Full Time until after 5.15pm on a Saturday and after 10.00pm midweek nowadays. Anyway Dave McArdle is Secretary at Aston Clinton isn't he so that explains it, we worked hand in hand together for a season at Tokyngton Manor.