Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CORINTHIAN CASUALS V TOWN

Raingod

1 hour ago, Steph1 said:

Barney, we shoould not have to rely on one player and one system of play.

Agreed - I'm not saying we should either. All I'm saying is that I think Okoje is a more natural centre forward, and foil for Bricknell, and we miss him as a result.

Although I wasn't at the game on Saturday, based on what people have said, it sounds like we should have changed things sooner when they weren't working, and should generally be more adaptable in terms of formation.

12 minutes ago, Barney said:

Agreed - I'm not saying we should either. All I'm saying is that I think Okoje is a more natural centre forward, and foil for Bricknell, and we miss him as a result.

Although I wasn't at the game on Saturday, based on what people have said, it sounds like we should have changed things sooner when they weren't working, and should generally be more adaptable in terms of formation.

We were warned by Chesham fans that AL doesn't like to change things around. Time and again we have found that to be true. We have false dawn after false dawn. 

Listen, I don't think AL will get us relegated, but I cannot see him getting us anywhere near promotion.

We need a manager with fresh ideas if we actually want to progress.

Anyone can see that plonking Billy up top on his own is a recipe for disaster. He is not a target man. He's a very good footballer, but he doesn't have lightning pace either.

Looking very much like another season written off already. 

I did warn supporters, CC, of  AL's inability to accept change, three seasons ago. This was based on the observations of people who are well informed regarding non- league football. My criticism at the time got me pillared by many. All the comments I am now reading seem to show that my points are now coming home to roost.

I have to admit, however, that his forte is that he has an ability to quickly bring together a squad, especially on a limited budget. But he appears to insist that they play his way whether they want to or not or they get frozen out. 

I have consistently stated how I would like to see us play but now except that it is unlikely to happen under Al's watch. Consequently I have little choice but to see what happens on a game to game basis, starting tomorrow.!!!!  I am now at the point where any win is a win however gained. 

I was recently informed that all our coaches hold UEFA coaching  badges. Can anyone confirm this and what they hold. Because if it is true I am surprised that they haven't suggested making changes.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Wasnt at the game but clear from the comments the performance wasnt good enough - same at Horsham looking at the highlights and Bishops Stortford which I was at.

BUT, in an attempt to be glass half full ..

- we are 3 pts off the top of the table

- 1.71 pts/game would give us 72 points 

- 100% record at home - can we make the QE2 a fortress this season?

- we do have a good squad - let's see the changes Andy makes tonight!

Not sure what you mean by that comment old towner?

The club announced on the website on 12/10/19 that Steve Wales had left and yesterday they announced that Jon Meakes has replaced him.

Also, in answer to the earlier comment about bringing Mo Faal back from Bolton, Mo has been injured all season. I believe he has had a fractured foot so wouldn't have helped with our current striking difficulties.