Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v Margate

Very boring game, great winner, why does Billy keep being played up front on his own when every team is double and triple marking him? He needs support. 

Clash of colours tonight? No wonder the ref had an utter 'mare ???

Agreed about the kit clash - very strange! Also impressed by the upgraded floodlights.

Not a good game at all, and we probably deserved to be behind at halftime, but for some wayward finishing from Margate. Too may long balls lumped up for their No. 5 to win, and Billy working hard but not getting much for his efforts. Second half looked like more of the same, and then for once instead of kicking long, McDonald rolled the ball out to Urquhart, who traveled into midfield and seemed to cause Margate more issues than we had for the entire game up until that point. From then on, we actually played pretty well and just about deserved the 3 points based on chances alone. We also defended very well in the most part, and I can't remember them having a chance in the second half.

Not a great game, not a great performance going forward, but good to see some defensive resiliency. On that showing, we definitely don't look like a side second in the table, although to be fair, they didn't look like a side 3rd from bottom!

Note that Casuals lost 4-1 yesterday.

So far this seawson makes no sense. There we are second in th etable on goal difference with a negative goal difference!

Game last night -  more of the same. If Ramsgate had taken their chances first half we would clearly be chasing the game.

I thought that we played better with Sam on the pitch, he got forward a lot more than Blackman. I have not forgotten that Blackman was injured in the goal area challenging for the ball but that was the first time I had seen him supporting the attack. (I did go to the heads for a time in the first half)

Not a classic by any means, agree with the above ..

First half wasnt great - the Margate forward rounded Nathan on the edge of the area and then panicked and missed the open goal! A real let off.

Second half we were better, and a good routine to get the goal- we had some other chances - and once we had gone in front we seemed fairly comfotable and made subs to keep in control.

Positives

100% home record

Clean sheet

Good use of subs

Up to 2nd 

Great performance by PK - deserved MOM - and also special mention to Josh - playing all over the place and scoring twice in a week - my player of the season so far!

Negatives 

Set up still not right - Billy too isolated - he ran tirelessly for the cause - I took a friend who hadnt seen Enfield since the 80s and it was the first thing he commented on

Still too direct - at times hopeful punts - I believe we have the players to pass around and keep the ball more

Would have taken 2nd at this stage of the season ...

Effort 9/10

Work rate 9/10

Defending 6/10....but Muleba's last ditch tackle was quality.....unsure why he doesnt start every game.

Creativity  5/10...if we can see distance between Billy and 5 midfielders not sure why we cant play to our strengths.     We have the footballers to compete with most teams in this league.....so why don't we.

As someone recently said take the win...

However think I only got excited once or twice all night....Jared's turn and cross and Josh's flicked save.

Couldve been 2 or 3 nil down by half time.

Archived