Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TRAVELLERS

Out_Of_Towner

Not sure if its an old story or not but I have picked up on Facebook that there are a few Gypsy caravans on the Donkey lane carpark . I know we had the displeasure of them in the playing fields in 2013 for a while but surely not again.  ?

Last time they were there  my sister had her dog attacked by an Alsatian which belonged to them and yobs chasing and terrorising  kids playing on the fields , Not to mention the piles of rubbish left in their wake. ?

The story is correct. I was in the ground last Friday leaf-sweeping/weeding etc. and heard all manner of burnouts from the car park. Wondered what on earth was going on so looked outside and sure enough - two cars doing donuts in the car park and several caravans already parked up. It looked like the height restriction at the entrance near the astroturf pitches had been left open and the travellers made the most of it. Was at the ground again today and the travellers are still there. The car park looks OK at the moment but I am sure the fly-tipping will start soon. I hope the council has served an eviction notice - the academy staff are still working and may feel uncomfortable until the travellers have moved on.

Don't get me started...

My wife and I live near, and she works, near Swanley in Kent.

'Pikey, pikey do as you likey'

Good luck with that...they fight the law and the law can't give a toss...and we pay the bill!!!

Enfield Council had an injunction in place for 3 years from 2017 which effectively banned members of the traveller community from using the 130 council-owned open spaces for residential or fly-tipping purposes. When given notice they had to vacate within 24hrs or risk arrest. Only had a quick look, but it appears that earlier this year the Council tried to renew the injunction. In October there was a hearing at the High Court. The Court said they would not allow the injunction to be renewed and the council therefore now has to rely on existing remedies under the Environmental Protection Act etc. Basically it looks like it will take the Council far longer now to move the travellers on.

Hi I was attacked today by a group that seemed like young travellers. It was at 3pm in broad daylight as lots of people walking up and down the play fields path close to the David Lloyd's entrance. I was lucky to have one out of it okay, as they attacked my bike while I was cycling and didn't manage to knock me over. I'm gutted and cannot believe they're allowed to behave like that. I've reported to the police but what good is that going to do? 

On 18/11/2020 at 23:30, Shlomi said:

Hi I was attacked today by a group that seemed like young travellers. It was at 3pm in broad daylight as lots of people walking up and down the play fields path close to the David Lloyd's entrance. I was lucky to have one out of it okay, as they attacked my bike while I was cycling and didn't manage to knock me over. I'm gutted and cannot believe they're allowed to behave like that. I've reported to the police but what good is that going to do? 

It won't mate; the Police and Council are powerless against a community of scum that doesn't recognise the law. 'Pikey pikey do as they likey'!

Sorry to hear of your attack mate.

Archived