Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Will We be back going to watch football in December?

Will We be back going to watch football in December?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will We be back going to watch football in December?

• Yes
    • No
    • The season is already over

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said a limited number of fans can return with up to 4,000 allowed into venues that are in Tier 1 locations after December 2.

Clubs situated in Tier 2 will only be able to let 2,000 in while those that are in Tier 3, likely to include Liverpool and Manchester, will be prevented from allowing supporters in.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Each club made a decision based on their own situation, absolutely no shame in that.   

This is encouraging. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54977370

This could push even more supporters to go and watch there local non league footy instead. Which is great news for non league clubs.

I know some non league clubs saw an increase in attendances before the 2nd lockdown.

£300 million Sport bailout

🏉 Union: £135m

Horse racing

Horseracing: £40m

⚽

Football: £28m

Racing car

Motorsport: £6m

Tennis ball

Tennis: £5m

Goal net

Netball: £4m

Basketball

Basketball: £4m

Ice hockey stick and puck

Ice Hockey: £4m

Badminton racquet and shuttlecock

Badminton: £2m

Grassroots football £0m 🤔

Because the FREE volunteers will keep Grassroots football alive!

Edited by Savagebee
The South West Peninsula Football League will restart fixtures on Saturday 5th December.

Edited by Savagebee

Yes, thankfully it looks like we are back on as from Saturday 5 December:

Billede

9 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, thankfully it looks like we are back on as from Saturday 5 December:

Oh yes Mr Rhodes 👍

I'm already making a list of possible games and i may even try to watch two games on the 5th 😀

Savagebee - This thread on another Forum may assist you with planning and the information will increase prior to Saturday 5 December, how far afield do you travel these days to games:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/saturday-5th-december-2020.3093/page-2

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - This thread on another Forum may assist you with planning and the information will increase prior to Saturday 5 December, how far afield do you travel these days to games:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/saturday-5th-december-2020.3093/page-2

Just mainly Surrey or Middlesex for me these days and I've travelled even less this season due to all the restrictions and mask wearing that I can't be bothered with if im honest. 

1 hour ago, tringarmy said:

Just hope we end up in tier one. Putting on matches without the bar income isn’t great for club finances not would it be fun for spectators when weather turns bad

Yep I agree with ya.

3 hours ago, tringarmy said:

Tier 2 for pretty much all of the league I think. I assume clubhouses will have to remain closed unless clubs have suddenly set up a restaurant operation! Those outside toilets will be lovely at this time of year. 

Bar wise can a takeaway service work? Maybe better that nothing.

Cold days and eves as well now to contend with. Bench jackets at the ready 👍

TA/SB - You're right --- it's not great, but it's better than nothing.  Most of the SSML Clubs are in Tier 2, and so for them it may that over the next few weeks, takings are largely going to depend on the weather.

On November 4th, the last evening before lockdown, I was at Coggeshall United, of the Eastern Counties League.  Their clubhouse was closed, but they were selling drinks at the door, and round the corner they had a hatch selling tea & coffee, bovril, burgers and chips etc.  With an attendance of around 100/120, it seemed to work reasonably well, though Club officials were clearly getting a bit edgy at half-time, when a large part of the crowd were gathered around the clubhouse.

But then of course, November 4th was quite a mild evening.  When the temperature falls, it may well be that many potential customers will decide that two hours plus in the extreme cold without the half-time respite of the clubhouse no longer has the appeal that it once had.

I note that the long-range forecasters are suggesting that this is likely to be the coldest winter for some years, which is unfortunate, and definitely not what we needed to hear.  Let's hope that they're wrong.

At the moment, my plan for December 5th is to be at Hoddesdon Town.  If I should freeze to death while I'm there, I'll be sure to let you all know... 

13 minutes ago, agamemnon3 said:

TA/SB - You're right --- it's not great, but it's better than nothing.  Most of the SSML Clubs are in Tier 2, and so for them it may that over the next few weeks, takings are largely going to depend on the weather.

But then of course, November 4th was quite a mild evening.  When the temperature falls, it may well be that many potential customers will decide that two hours plus in the extreme cold without the half-time respite of the clubhouse no longer has the appeal that it once had.

Yep the weather could put a few people off going to games esp the midweek games which there will be few now because of the November Crapdown 😀

Most non league supporters are so desperate for there footy fix they will just grin and bare it because as you say it's better than nothing.

Weather Warning for Fog tonite in Surrey 😂

Booze wise I think most clubs will try and do a takeaway type service to make some extra dosh.

#Wrapup

I saw earlier on the league fixtures site that the Jets visit to Baldock scheduled for 5th has been mysteriously moved to 23rd, which ordinarily would have been very annoying but for the fact I would've had to miss it anyway, got a good samaritan act to do. Anyone know why it's been moved though? Neither are in the Vase, and both not now playing when everyone else will be. Jets haven't played since the mauling of Harefield, before Halloween, so will be even more rusty with this postponement.

Edit just looked again, now all league games due for 5th have been shelved with just the Vase on 5th

Edited by View from the Boundary

Following tonight's meeting with the FA the SSML are planing further Divisional meetings next week to discuss options.

There will be no Premier Division fixtures on the 5th December, I surveyed all clubs and only two Premier Division clubs wished to play on the 5th but ground availability is an issue therefore I will not be recommending these two clubs play each other.

11 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

There will be no Premier Division fixtures on the 5th December

That's disappointing to hear however at least there will be a full programme of Division One and Two fixtures other than Milton Keynes Irish and Ampthill Town who will be participating in the FA Vase and the unfortunate 'bye Club's' in Division One and Two. I can't believe that only two Premier Division Club's wished to play on 5 December and fourteen Club's didn't want to, I'm ruling out Colney Heath, Edgware Town, Leighton Town, North Greenford United and Eynesbury Rovers who are in the FA Vase so they didn't have a choice.

50 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

at least there will be a full programme of Division One and Two fixtures

Wrong again. Any decision on these two Divisions will be made later today bit from the responses (only two clubs failed to reply) I could arrange one fixture in Division One and three fixtures in Division Two

Division Two (Step 7) clubs should just on with it. The way the weather is going games will more likely be postponed due to the bad weather than anything else and if they do another stricter Lockdown then it's game over.

I'm sure 99% of players have been keeping fit as there is not much else to do these days.

Around my area every other person seems to be jogging about these days.

No games to be played on Saturday 5th December - Divisional meetings scheduled for next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to discuss the way  forward under new Tier system with no clubhouse income.

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

No games to be played on Saturday 5th December - Divisional meetings scheduled for next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to discuss the way  forward under new Tier system with no clubhouse income.

Thanks for the update KB.

On 25/11/2020 at 15:53, tringarmy said:

Just hope we end up in tier one. Putting on matches without the bar income isn’t great for club finances not would it be fun for spectators when weather turns bad

If Pubs can re open in tier 2 (As long as you stuff your face at the same time 😀) ? Why cant Bars in Clubhouses re open then?

4 hours ago, Savagebee said:

If Pubs can re open in tier 2 (As long as you stuff your face at the same time 😀) ? Why cant Bars in Clubhouses re open then?

In theory they could, but almost impossible in practice. 

1) Can only open as a restaurant with table service

2) Alcohol only with a substantial meal

3) Once eaten you have to leave the premises (ground) 

4) Can only sit at a table with people from you own house (not friends or teammates)

5) If you do food or drink as a takeaway they have to be consumed outside of the ground but it has to be via delivery, click & collect or drive through 

6) If you don’t serve food you have to be closed - doesn’t appear to give the option to just run selling soft drinks/ tea bar etc

I’m sure there will be clubs who try to get round the rules & good luck to them. We had police visits for all of our home first team games checking up on our COVID procedures so expect we’ll do it by the book rather than take a chance. 

Edited by tringarmy
44 minutes ago, tringarmy said:

In theory they could, but almost impossible in practice. 

1) Can only open as a restaurant with table service

2) Alcohol only with a substantial meal

3) Once eaten you have to leave the premises (ground) 

4) Can only sit at a table with people from you own house (not friends or teammates)

5) If you do food or drink as a takeaway they have to be consumed outside of the ground but it has to be via delivery, click & collect or drive through 

6) If you don’t serve food you have to be closed - doesn’t appear to give the option to just run selling soft drinks/ tea bar etc

Hands are well and truly tied there then 🙁

At least we all know how to keep Covid-19 away we just have to drink booze and stuff our faces with food at the same time 😉

Happy Days 😐

Edited by Savagebee
10 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

No games to be played on Saturday 5th December

Karen - But Colney Heath, Edgware Town, Leighton Town, North Greenford United, Ampthill Town, Eynesbury Rovers and Milton Keynes Irish are all playing aren't they.