Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will We be back going to watch football in December?

Will We be back going to watch football in December?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will We be back going to watch football in December?

• Yes
    • No
    • The season is already over

Following tonight's meeting with the FA the SSML are planing further Divisional meetings next week to discuss options.

There will be no Premier Division fixtures on the 5th December, I surveyed all clubs and only two Premier Division clubs wished to play on the 5th but ground availability is an issue therefore I will not be recommending these two clubs play each other.

11 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

There will be no Premier Division fixtures on the 5th December

That's disappointing to hear however at least there will be a full programme of Division One and Two fixtures other than Milton Keynes Irish and Ampthill Town who will be participating in the FA Vase and the unfortunate 'bye Club's' in Division One and Two. I can't believe that only two Premier Division Club's wished to play on 5 December and fourteen Club's didn't want to, I'm ruling out Colney Heath, Edgware Town, Leighton Town, North Greenford United and Eynesbury Rovers who are in the FA Vase so they didn't have a choice.

50 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

at least there will be a full programme of Division One and Two fixtures

Wrong again. Any decision on these two Divisions will be made later today bit from the responses (only two clubs failed to reply) I could arrange one fixture in Division One and three fixtures in Division Two

Division Two (Step 7) clubs should just on with it. The way the weather is going games will more likely be postponed due to the bad weather than anything else and if they do another stricter Lockdown then it's game over.

I'm sure 99% of players have been keeping fit as there is not much else to do these days.

Around my area every other person seems to be jogging about these days.

No games to be played on Saturday 5th December - Divisional meetings scheduled for next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to discuss the way  forward under new Tier system with no clubhouse income.

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

No games to be played on Saturday 5th December - Divisional meetings scheduled for next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to discuss the way  forward under new Tier system with no clubhouse income.

Thanks for the update KB.

On 25/11/2020 at 15:53, tringarmy said:

Just hope we end up in tier one. Putting on matches without the bar income isn’t great for club finances not would it be fun for spectators when weather turns bad

If Pubs can re open in tier 2 (As long as you stuff your face at the same time ?) ? Why cant Bars in Clubhouses re open then?

4 hours ago, Savagebee said:

If Pubs can re open in tier 2 (As long as you stuff your face at the same time ?) ? Why cant Bars in Clubhouses re open then?

In theory they could, but almost impossible in practice. 

1) Can only open as a restaurant with table service

2) Alcohol only with a substantial meal

3) Once eaten you have to leave the premises (ground) 

4) Can only sit at a table with people from you own house (not friends or teammates)

5) If you do food or drink as a takeaway they have to be consumed outside of the ground but it has to be via delivery, click & collect or drive through 

6) If you don’t serve food you have to be closed - doesn’t appear to give the option to just run selling soft drinks/ tea bar etc

I’m sure there will be clubs who try to get round the rules & good luck to them. We had police visits for all of our home first team games checking up on our COVID procedures so expect we’ll do it by the book rather than take a chance. 

Edited by tringarmy

44 minutes ago, tringarmy said:

In theory they could, but almost impossible in practice. 

1) Can only open as a restaurant with table service

2) Alcohol only with a substantial meal

3) Once eaten you have to leave the premises (ground) 

4) Can only sit at a table with people from you own house (not friends or teammates)

5) If you do food or drink as a takeaway they have to be consumed outside of the ground but it has to be via delivery, click & collect or drive through 

6) If you don’t serve food you have to be closed - doesn’t appear to give the option to just run selling soft drinks/ tea bar etc

Hands are well and truly tied there then ?

At least we all know how to keep Covid-19 away we just have to drink booze and stuff our faces with food at the same time ?

Happy Days ?

Edited by Savagebee

10 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

No games to be played on Saturday 5th December

Karen - But Colney Heath, Edgware Town, Leighton Town, North Greenford United, Ampthill Town, Eynesbury Rovers and Milton Keynes Irish are all playing aren't they.

Yes we're DEFINITELY playing in the FA Vase next Saturday,with the possibility of playing the next 3 rounds on the next 3 weekends. 

The SSML will have to kick off no later than the 19th or the backlog of fixtures will be huge and with the possibility of a third lockdown come the new year the season will run into the summer at this rate. 

Clubs just need to get on with it and play with clubhouses closed for the time being, crowds are up in the league so they'll make enough to cover expenses. 

If any club refuses to play then surely they can be fined, at this point it's more important to get games back on than have a beer or sandwich.. 

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Karen - But Colney Heath, Edgware Town, Leighton Town, North Greenford United, Ampthill Town, Eynesbury Rovers and Milton Keynes Irish are all playing aren't they.

Yes we're DEFINITELY playing in the FA Vase next Saturday,with the possibility of playing the next 3 rounds on the next 3 weekends. 

The SSML will have to kick off no later than the 19th or the backlog of fixtures will be huge and with the possibility of a third lockdown come the new year the season will run into the summer at this rate. 

Clubs just need to get on with it and play with clubhouses closed for the time being, crowds are up in the league so they'll make enough to cover expenses. 

If any club refuses to play then surely they can be fined, at this point it's more important to get games back on than have a beer or sandwich.. 

30 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

at this point it's more important to get games back on than have a beer or sandwich

GRS67 - Yes, tell that to Karen, she seems to be looking for every excuse not to play rather than, as you say, just getting on with it. I expect Rak is looking forward to the FA Vase tie at Worthing United next week, I take it you will be going. 

48 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Yes, tell that to Karen, she seems to be looking for every excuse not to play rather than, as you say, just getting on with it. 

Wrong again Mr Rhodes.

I want clubs to play, its the clubs that don't wish to play judging from the survey I sent out.

With regards to the 5th December the SSML Management Committee decided no SSML fixtures not me.

We now wait to hear what the clubs say at meetings this coming week regarding have no clubhouses or tea bars open, will they go the way that other leagues are going and suspend football until after next review of tier systems.

2 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Yep agree 110%.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Yes, tell that to Karen, she seems to be looking for every excuse not to play rather than, as you say, just getting on with it. I expect Rak is looking forward to the FA Vase tie at Worthing United next week, I take it you will be going. 

He's chomping at the bit to start, yes all being well I'll be there. 

I got this in text

‘There is a league meeting next week as some clubs don’t want to or can’t carry on until we are in tier 1 if they can survive until such time.’

Edited by Winslow Boy

4 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yep agree 110%.

Plenty of clubs won’t get close to covering expenses, many have shortfalls even with bar and tea facilities open. It’s ok for clubs who have people forking out money for them. 

9 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Plenty of clubs won’t get close to covering expenses, many have shortfalls even with bar and tea facilities open. It’s ok for clubs who have people forking out money for them. 

Then it's game over for a lot of Step 1 to 6 clubs then really.

It didn't have to be this way. But all that seems to matter these days is Covid-19 everything else has taken a back seat to it. The full out from Covid-19 is going to be a much bigger problem for people than Covid-19 that's for sure and that's already started.

Edited by Savagebee

17 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Our club don't get a penny from the Clubhouse so I have little sympathy for clubs refusing to play without their clubhouses being open. We've been doing it for 6 years and have survived on no budget. 

In refusing to play clubs put at risk thier very existence for the sake of having thier clubhouse remain closed most likely no longer than a month whilst numbers come down and a possible new year re opening of facilities. 

If clubs are happy to put thier very existence at risk by not playing because then they can't cry when come next August they don't have a club. 

In short, there's no way Non League will survive a second null and void season  at least not at Step 3 and below. 

Where's the logic in refusing to play leading most likely to a cancellation of the season meaning no income from clubhouses on match day for potentially 5 instead of a likely 1 month. 

Edited by GRS67