Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will We be back going to watch football in December?

Will We be back going to watch football in December?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will We be back going to watch football in December?

• Yes
    • No
    • The season is already over

47 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Our club don't get a penny from the Clubhouse so I have little sympathy for clubs refusing to play without their clubhouses being open. We've been doing it for 6 years and have survived on no budget. 

In refusing to play clubs put at risk thier very existence for the sake of having thier clubhouse remain closed most likely no longer than a month whilst numbers come down and a possible new year re opening of facilities. 

If clubs are happy to put thier very existence at risk by not playing because then they can't cry when come next August they don't have a club. 

In short, there's no way Non League will survive a second null and void season  at least not at Step 3 and below. 

Where's the logic in refusing to play leading most likely to a cancellation of the season meaning no income from clubhouses on match day for potentially 5 instead of a likely 1 month. 

You’d have to ask those clubs, but I would suggest that you’re sweeping statement simply isn’t fair or true. Most of these clubs live week to week anyway on the backs of a few dedicated volunteers, these people are the last to want to see their clubs die, if they don’t think they can play then they ought to be listened to. 

I have zero time for ‘I’m alright jack’ attitude. 

opinions are like ar$eholes everyone has one, just some stink worse than others. 

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

You’d have to ask those clubs, but I would suggest that you’re sweeping statement simply isn’t fair or true. Most of these clubs live week to week anyway on the backs of a few dedicated volunteers, these people are the last to want to see their clubs die, if they don’t think they can play then they ought to be listened to. 

I have zero time for ‘I’m alright jack’ attitude. 

opinions are like ar$eholes everyone has one, just some stink worse than others. 

The fact is your club has a clubhouse which it earns a income from, we have the a clubhouse we don't see a penny from nor do the club we share with either. 

I don't hear either club moaning about it we ju get on with it, those clubs moaning about loss of income will be the first to cry when they go under

Of course you don’t moan about it because you’ve never had the income.

Clubs cannot change their whole model at the drop of a hat. The simple fact is that most clubs run needing all of the income they get whatever source that is from. Losing any part of the income will put clubs at risk.

Out of interest What is the danger of eating food in the ground? Or drinking a cup of tea or a Dr Pepper? ?

Edited by Savagebee

1 hour ago, Munchkin said:

Of course you don’t moan about it because you’ve never had the income.

Clubs cannot change their whole model at the drop of a hat. The simple fact is that most clubs run needing all of the income they get whatever source that is from. Losing any part of the income will put clubs at risk.

I agree which is why the way I look at it is take a hit for the next month but hopefully reopen in January. 

If clubs refuse to play it'll put the whole season at risk meaning months of potentially loss of income 

Boris sets out his plans

England's new Covid tier system has a "sunset" expiry date of 3 February, Boris Johnson has told his MPs in a bid to prevent a Commons rebellion.

The current lockdown ends on Wednesday, and many Tory MPs are unhappy with the toughened tiers that will replace it.

MPs will vote on the system on Tuesday, with Labour undecided on its stance.

In a letter to his MPs, the PM said rules could be eased in December, MPs could vote again in January, and the tier system could end in February.

And writing separately in the Mail on Sunday, Mr Johnson said he believed Easter would mark a "real chance to return to something like life as normal".

He warned, however, there would be "disastrous consequences" for the NHS if the government did not introduce the new tiered system when lockdown ends.

England's new system will see regions placed in one of three tiers: medium, high and very high.

In total, 99% of England will enter the highest two tiers, with tight restrictions on bars and restaurants and a ban on households mixing indoors. Only Cornwall, the Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly will be in the lowest tier.

In a bid to assuage MPs' concerns, Mr Johnson wrote to them outlining a timeline of when - and how - the tiered approach will end.

In his letter, Mr Johnson said:

• Regulations have a "sunset" clause - or expiry date - of 3 February
  • Tiers will be reviewed every two weeks, and areas can move down the tiers from 16 December
  • At the end of January, MPs will have another vote on the tiered approach and decide whether measures stay in place until the end of March
  • The government will publish the circumstances that need to change for an area to move down a tier

14 hours ago, GRS67 said:

The fact is your club has a clubhouse which it earns a income from, we have the a clubhouse we don't see a penny from nor do the club we share with either. 

I don't hear either club moaning about it we ju get on with it, those clubs moaning about loss of income will be the first to cry when they go under

I’m not talking about my club, not really my club anymore, no involvement for many years, I am talking in general the football club don’t get any money from the clubhouse, the sports and social club is a separate entity. Winslow as I understand are ok and want to play. 

I am glad you’re just getting on with it, what do you want a medal? Some big boy pants? What exactly do you think clubs that have issues with all this are doing? You think they are gaining something from it? You think they don’t actually want to play? ‘Cry about it’ that couldn’t care less attitude and flippancy to your fellow clubs is frankly $hit, it’s a thankless job at this level and these guys do it for the love, the love of their club and town. I’ve spoken to guys who have seen their clubs go under and I certainly wouldn’t be chucking accusations and phrases like that around particularly if I were a club official but I hear you have form for this stuff. I really haven’t got anything else to say to you on this one. Good luck for whenever the season resumes, it’s great you’re doing your bit for your club, non league needs more of that, but it also needs a lot more thought and empathy, if lots of clubs go, so does the league and so do the rest of the clubs. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

51 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I’m not talking about my club, not really my club anymore, no involvement for many years, I am talking in general the football club don’t get any money from the clubhouse, the sports and social club is a separate entity. Winslow as I understand are ok and want to play. 

I am glad you’re just getting on with it, what do you want a medal? Some big boy pants? What exactly do you think clubs that have issues with all this are doing? You think they are gaining something from it? You think they don’t actually want to play? ‘Cry about it’ that couldn’t care less attitude and flippancy to your fellow clubs is frankly $hit, it’s a thankless job at this level and these guys do it for the love, the love of their club and town. I’ve spoken to guys who have seen their clubs go under and I certainly wouldn’t be chucking accusations and phrases like that around particularly if I were a club official but I hear you have form for this stuff. I really haven’t got anything else to say to you on this one. Good luck for whenever the season resumes, it’s great you’re doing your bit for your club, non league needs more of that, but it also needs a lot more thought and empathy, if lots of clubs go, so does the league and so do the rest of the clubs. 

Bottom line is if clubs vote to in favour of not returning then surely they're signing thier own death warrant... Of course clubhouses are the life source for the majority of clubs who play at this level run by a team of volunteers who are passionate about thier club which us why IMO it must be better to get on with resuming the season as quickly as possible so that we can move out of the restrictions placed on them hopefully in January. 

Any further delay to the season will put the whole campaign at risk of a second null and void season that many won't recover from. 

If come the new year clubs find themselves in the same restrictions with no end in sight then perhaps another vote can be taken. 

5 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Bottom line is if clubs vote to in favour of not returning then surely they're signing thier own death warrant... Of course clubhouses are the life source for the majority of clubs who play at this level run by a team of volunteers who are passionate about thier club which us why IMO it must be better to get on with resuming the season as quickly as possible so that we can move out of the restrictions placed on them hopefully in January. 

Any further delay to the season will put the whole campaign at risk of a second null and void season that many won't recover from. 

If come the new year clubs find themselves in the same restrictions with no end in sight then perhaps another vote can be taken. 

I agree with you. 

the one thing I would say is that if clubs vote against it would be good to understand why and what the benefit of that is, ultimately it has to be what is best for the majority. Sadly I think some clubs will go whatever happens. It is getting harder and harder with each year anyway, let alone with all this stuff. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

55 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Sadly I think some clubs will go whatever happens. It is getting harder and harder with each year anyway, let alone with all this stuff. 

Yep a lot of clubs were struggling before all of this madness.

Having been involved with a couple of clubs where I have seen money come and then go in no time and a lot of clubs don't even break even on match days.

Most of the teams that I go and watch these days (Step 7 and way below ?) the players still pay to play which is one of main things that I love about the footy that I watch these days. 

A hell of a lot of clubs in Steps 1 to 6 are in big trouble cash wise right now ? but below Step 6 Most clubs are ok and will be ok as a lot less spending of cash is needed below Step 6. Some clubs may also choose to drop down leagues it could get very messy in the coming months.

I agree with you. 

the one thing I would say is that if clubs vote against it would be good to understand why and what the benefit of that is, ultimately it has to be what is best for the majority. Sadly I think some clubs will go whatever happens. It is getting harder and harder with each year anyway, let alone with all this stuff. 

At least we have found some common ground on this now. 

Found this very interesting 

https://www.bedfontandfelthamfc.co.uk/news/it/1002/95

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

1.  we close the League down until sanity reigns again. ?

Edited by Savagebee

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yep a lot of clubs were struggling before all of this madness.

Having been involved with a couple of clubs where I have seen money come and then go in no time and a lot of clubs don't even break even on match days.

Most of the teams that I go and watch these days (Step 7 and way below ?) the players still pay to play which is one of main things that I love about the footy that I watch these days. 

A hell of a lot of clubs in Steps 1 to 6 are in big trouble cash wise right now ? but below Step 6 Most clubs are ok and will be ok as a lot less spending of cash is needed below Step 6. Some clubs may also choose to drop down leagues it could get very messy in the coming months.

Some are in trouble because they have paid out money to players and have stretched themselves badly in doing so, some are in trouble because just existing is tough. 

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

At least we have found some common ground on this now. 

Yes, interesting, thanks for the link. 

potential to cut the season down to one game per opponent, could feasibly hold off on playing a while longer and still complete the season?

see what clubs think they can’t or don’t want to play under these conditions, guarantee their places in their respective leagues next season and play out the season with remaining teams, however it would be difficult to see how you make promotion and relegation work in this case. It’s a terrible situation and not one of any clubs creation, everybody should be heard and taken into consideration. We are in danger of the whole thing imploding though  in some ways I’m glad I am no longer directly involved, I can be somewhat emotionally apart from it  

Personally they should’ve finished last season as ppg and come up with a number of plans for this season. 

in some ways I’m glad I am no longer directly involved, I can be somewhat emotionally apart from it   

I have thought that a number of times this season.

The Hellenic League will resume, with a reduced schedule, from Sat 12 Dec. This month, games will only be on 12th, 19th & 28th - all will have a 2pm kick off. Tier 3 clubs will be suspended from playing, unless matches can be scheduled with each other.

Lets hope that after the very complex vaccination programme things can get back to normal but I'm not holding my breath:

Operation Beat Covid: How the new jab works, when and where you get it, and who gets it first | Daily Mail Online

36374322-9011781-image-a-11_1606946707752.jpg

Does this make any sense from the Leicestershire Senior League:

Billede

Credit to the always well run Combined Counties League who will happily resume from this Saturday (5 December) with 'as full a programme as possible', Club's had been given the option by the League of opting out of playing home matches in December however only 2 of the League's 39 Club's have taken that option, it's a shame SSML Club's don't see it the same way and don't just want to roll up their sleeves:

League Resumption - The Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League (pitchero.com)

Billede