Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

good news

old towner

1 hour ago, old towner said:

another down side how many players would we have left in jan????? or have they been told to stay??

Where are they going to go? I guess the likes of Billy Bricknell could go to a National League South side. Otherwise the only option would be a game in one of the Amateur Leagues - such as the 'pay to play' SAL.

the way I see it its Margate and Folkestone that cant have spectators cant we carry on and when  or if they are in tier 2 they resume what is it another 5 games?? play mid week and Saturdays and extend the league finish date ! 

I'm very surprised about the way we voted - leagues below us are re-starting .. and leagues above us are now letting fans in .. and I have felt safe at the games we have staged this season ..

If our league is suspended I fear we could lose a lot more players in a similar way to Ryan and Lyle - they want to play at the end of the day - and who says the league wont delay again in Jan - most people expect a 3rd wave after the 5 day Xmas relax  anyway ...

The board do a fantastic job for the club - and we do appoint them to act in our best interests and I would not say anything negative about them .. however I do feel on this occasion a simple email could have been sent out to canvas feedback  of members - with a response required in 12 hours to aid their judgement.

I would be surprised if anyone would vote to stop - if people are not comfortable they can choose not to go - ?

Lots of people are struggling mentally in lockdown,  football is an important release for many of us - I dont play to go to a gig any time soon - but cant wait to get to games again ..

I say play on, get points on the board, we've swerved the MOnth of Death in November where we had tough fixtures - and if the season doesnt finish we may do better on PPG than others and get into the play offs  ...

5 minutes ago, Rebel without a clue said:

London dodged the bullet by being placed in tier 2 what happens on the 16th if it’s placed in tier 3 how would you then feel then about football resuming and enfield being asked to play behind closed doors when other teams could have supporters returning

Surely better to play behind closed doors than to have another totally wasted season of football and risk many of your clubs players leaving and signing for teams in all the other leagues that have decided to continue

I get that we couldnt play if we went into Tier 3 - so would have to play games away in that scenario or  stop playing altogether for a month or so?

I cant believe we made our decision on a "what if" basis ? 

National League games wth 1000+ spectators vs our 350-400 attendences (with a very well thought out set of procedures) - I know where I would feel safer ... as wel las travelling to/from the game 

Just my perosnal opinion ..

11 minutes ago, Raingod said:

Apparently a substantial number of clubs have voted to delay .. ?

Meaningless. No reference to a majority either way. A complete non-statement of a press release 

Barnet are also going back to playing in front of fans.

Whilst we await confirmation from the league, it seems we're expecting the league to be 'paused' as a tweet today refers to Wednesday's FA Trophy game 'depending on result could be our final game of 2020'. Interesting how Covid differentiates between league and cup games!

Another tweet says 'Tier 2 regions do not permit indoor or outdoor bar'. Cheshunt and Hertford Town, both in Tier 2, have confirmed they will be selling alcohol at friendlies tomorrow. Personally, I suspect our reading of the rules is more accurate to the way they're written, but I also suspect they've been badly written and that is not what was intended.

Edited by AnfieldTowner

In The Sun newspaper it stated that Burnham Ramblers will have a fully open Bar at games and will be serving Hotdogs with Drinks..They believe they are complying with current restrictions and who are the police or authorities to say otherwise,when the politicians can't even agree what sort of food qualifies as  'substantial'.