Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryan and Lyle sign for ........Welling

Raingod

3 minutes ago, Rebel without a clue said:

Whilst it always sad to see half descent players leave I feel Lyle will be more of a miss than Ryan as for Brad I hope things turn sour for him at welling he is no friend of this club and shouldn’t be allowed near this club ever again

i agree

Players come and go. Its absolutely no surprise that Lyle and Ryan want to stay in the National League. I have no doubt that they are on more money there.

I am disappointed in Welling - Brad (and his team) - though. For the ETFC Chairman to draw attention to their most recent behaviour is unheralded. Technically Welling may have done nothing wrong, but its the absence of the expected courtesy which makes no friends in this situation.

You never know, we may well yet see Lyle, Ryan and maybe even Brad back at ETFC before too long!

what is going to happen  do we look to the u18's

come on the  board lets see what your made of  no more best mates with Brad

we were the first supporters run club  lets hope were not the first to go under !!

Unless or until we reach the top of the pile, there will always be bigger clubs able to pick off our best talent. I can't see that there's anything we can do about this. We just have to live with it, I'm afraid. We can't offer more of the squad contracts because we can't afford it and they wouldn't accept them anyway - very few players at this level would. Just take a look at the Maldon & Tiptree squad facing us in a few days. Its unrecognisable from the side which did so well in the FA Cup last season - because their best players were recruited up the pyramid and had to be replaced.

The loss of Ryan and Lyle gives others in the squad an opportunity to step-up and frees up a little of the budget.

When Lyle came to us he had been struggling after injuries. It took a while, but I'm glad that we managed to bring the best out of a player with great potential. Ryan has improved no end since joining from Canvey - did Brad actually sign him before he left us??? 

Quinton left in May 2017

"He had also had experience at Biggleswade Town prior to his move to QEII in June 2017 and has now made over 100 appearances for the club."     Is what is said about Ryan.    Just wonder how many players in total Quinton has taken.....you'd think there weren't any other players out there beyond Donkey Lane.

Whoever signed him......2 good players left.....really hoping Scott Thomas is fit when we get back playing.

Disappointing of course but both players deserve to play at a higher level. Ryan Blackman in particular has been a first class player and captain during his time with us - I wish him the best of luck and hope to see him back one day (the non-league roundabout being what it is).

Percy and Scott Thomas are more than capable of filling in for Ryan, let’s see who comes in to fill the more attacking role that Della Verde had.

19 minutes ago, old towner said:

Andy i think if it had been some one else not much would have been said

as it was BQ and he done it once  and the way he did this  ,, buddy with the board , i think its totaly wrong

Agreed.  However, I’m sure that BQ had had discussions with players at ETFC before he left and they knew they were going to follow him. All cloak and dagger stuff. This time, he’s just another manager who does what managers do.

Onwards and ...............

1 hour ago, andyetfc said:

Agreed.  However, I’m sure that BQ had had discussions with players at ETFC before he left and they knew they were going to follow him. All cloak and dagger stuff. This time, he’s just another manager who does what managers do.

Onwards and ...............

You are probably right Andy. But since we are constantly being told we are in unprecedented times, perhaps now is a good time for smaller clubs to lobby their respective leagues to approach the FA to bring in an unprecedented rule by placing an embargo on movement of players. This would be in keeping with the Govts 3 tiering regulations ie T2 into T3 ( Kent).

Just a thought, since we are all supposed to be in it together. We might as well use the incredible laws being made made by ministers and civil servants.

Although my post was meant to be tongue in cheek,  since most of my working life was taken up by challenging such laws,  my suggestion may not be so preposterous. After all the two players in question have been put in danger of the virus whilst still under our joint registration.  Good God!!! we could even possibly sue for compensation.  It's never over until the Fat............etc.  Where's a local lawyer when you want one?????

Archived