Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE BUILDBASE FA VASE Third Round Proper

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Saturday 19 December

Mulburton Wanderers 1 Ampthill Town 0

It sounded as if, from this groundhopper on another Forum, the sending off of Ampthill Town's Ashley Mead on 69 minutes was the big difference:

Mulbarton Wanderers - 1 Ampthill Town - 0
FA Vase Third Round
Mulberry Park
Attendance - 91 (official)
Admission - six pounds
Programme - a pound (16 pages glossy)
As had been expected a hard fought battle between two evenly matched sides, after a goal less first half with attempts on target at a very high premium, the main stat of the game had been the number of yellow cards issued not sure how many though as I don't keep a record of them. AT reduced to 10 men following a second yellow for their number 5 after 69 minutes, by now both teams were making a real effort to score. The deadlock was broken after 84 minutes from a long range shot from MW's Ben Jones. The home side held on for the remaining time, which included 5 minutes of stoppages.
Spent the game in the company of norwich6.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Saturday 19 December

Lancing 2 North Greenford United 2 (Lancing win 5-3 on pens)

Photographs and YouTube coverage:

https://www.kylehemsley.co.uk/Lancing-2-2-North-Greenford-UTD/

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Saturday 19 December

Lancing 2 North Greenford United 2 (Lancing win 5-3 on pens)

Some match reports:

https://www.northgreenfordutdfc.co.uk/match/it/1009/53#report

https://www.worthingherald.co.uk/sport/football/lancing-reach-last-32-fa-vase-picture-special-3074143

https://lancingfc.co.uk/matches/2020-21/3864/lancing-vs-north-greenford-utd/

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Saturday 19 December

Leighton Town 4 Gorleston 2

Leighton Town's version of events at Bell Close, Sonny Newbury-Barr, Ashton Campbell, Louie Collier and Scott Thomas scored the goals. The Eastern Counties League Premier Division outfit made a fist of it though and came back from two goals down in an exciting first period, had Louie Collier not made it 3-2 deep into stoppage time the second half might well have been a different story, you can see how they dispatched Baldock Town in the First Round of the competition:

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/teams/11587/match-centre/0-4966952/report

Billede

On 20/12/2020 at 15:18, Rhodes said:

Saturday 19 December

Hadley 0 Colney Heath 0 (Hadley win 4-1 on pens)

Another groundhopper from another Forum was at this one and gives a lengthy, interesting and heartfelt account of his day, he must be a really nice bloke:

Another one at Hadley v Colney Heath for a most convivial few hours. Last one for a bit, so an extended account.
I sat at home on Saturday morning, hoping that the Brickfield Lane pitch would survive further rain after passing an initial 10am inspection. Hadley’s Tweet that there had been another deluge around midday had me concerned.
A further inspection was to take place when the match referee arrived, leaving me in the potentially awkward position of being left without any game if I was stuck halfway on public transport.
On the bus towards Edgware from Queensbury the visitors Tweeted that the game was on. Previous experiences had told me that it was best to wait for the hosts to confirm. At Edgware there would still be time to get to the game at Rayners Lane.
As it happened, there was no need for concern. All was good and I jumped aboard the 384 bus towards Cockfosters. This relatively new service cut out the time spent on the 107 through Borehamwood, travelling up the A1 to Stirling Corner.
The jolly driver set the tone for the rest of my outing. I’d ordered my place online. Unfortunately, a mate couldn’t make it, but I was assured that it would be taken up, by the amiable Olly Heed who was distributing the tickets from outside the Windmill Pavilion.
My eyes must have resembled the old fruit machine reels landing on jackpot as I saw people with beers, which was an unexpected bonus. I joined the queue where the couple behind the counter poured the bottles and kept everyone in check with social distancing.
I was impressed that Hadley had seemingly got involved with local brewers as I ordered a Dunstable Pale Ale, only to realise it was Whitstable. A sign of excitement and age catching up with my eyesight!
As it happens the club did have their own ale; Brick IPA from the Muswell Hillbilly Brewery, but sadly none was available. Not to worry, a couple of Kent’s finest did the job before I proceeded through the gate.
The near end had a basic roof added in recent times, adding to a neat and tidy set up. My initial impressions were that the pitch was better than I anticipated, although the areas around the dug outs were muddy, and surface water lay beyond the perimeter fence.
Taking up a position just past the away side bench I was in a good position to see a couple of incidents that could have put a very different slant on the result. An early ariel challenge by a Heath centre back could easily have been construed as a deliberate elbow and resulted in a red card.
Shortly after, a touch too many saw Hadley forge a chance that fell to Solomon Ofori a few yards out, but his weak effort on goal was saved by Alex Clarke. The visitor’s bench was going spare with their side, instructing them to wake up.
There was a nasty clash of heads which delayed play when Hadley’s Luke Alfano and Paul Wright smashed into each other. Wright continued bandaged up but Alfano had to go off. While that incident was accidental, there was plenty of niggle going on elsewhere.
Teddy Stacey fired low across the box for the home side without a teammate getting on the end, while the Magpies had a couple of efforts blocked up the other end. Marcus Mealing had a shot easily saved by Hadley custodian Luke Ward.
At the interval I grabbed another beer, making hay while the opportunity still existed. News was breaking of a more stringent lockdown as I had a pleasant brief chat with veteran striker Scott McGleish who had a run out the previous week since he left Edgware Town and was mulling over where he’d play next.
I also had a nice quick chat with a fellow fan taking pictures, albeit with a better camera. It turned out to be Stuart Fuller, the chairman of Lewes FC. I told him you could get a photo of the windmill from behind the far goal.
The match continued to be quite fractious and stop start in a fiercely competed local derby. The referee handed out multiple cautions, including to both managers. The Colney Heath bench were especially forthcoming with their feedback. I really couldn’t see either side scoring, especially after Clarke made a brilliant save from a fierce Ed Davis drive.
Ofori continued to cause problems for the defence. I saw him as a Step 5 version of Raheem Sterling, being of a similar stature and style of play, getting into good positions and with lots of tricks but just lacking in the danger zone.
His side continued to show more attacking intent but some dogged and determined defending from the Magpies meant a lack of clear cut chances. Long and loud appeals for handball in the Colney Heath box from players and fans alike were waved away.
As the game drew to a close, I noted just how well Hadley had organised the day and how volunteers were still doing their bit, with balls that went outside the ground being returned promptly and then sterilised before being available for further use.
Penalties would decide the match and were thankfully to be taken at the clubhouse end with Bradley Marriott making it 1-0 to Hadley. Jay Lovell and Jack Woods both put their kicks over the bar for the away team either side of Sam Edwards making it 2-0.
It was 3-0 when Billy Baird slotted home. Colney Heath scored to make it 3-1 before Davis sealed his side’s place in the fourth round draw sparking off celebrations as the crowd slowly made its way out.
Waiting for a bus back over the road there was something happy but sad watching queues of cars waiting to get back onto the main road. I was happy that I’d witnessed a really decent occasion but was saddened while listening to news updates that it was going to be some time before we’d see the likes again.
Take care everyone. Merry Christmas.