Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wasn't expecting this

Father Jack

9 hours ago, old towner said:

looks like us as a surporters owned club still dont get a say in it

You want the board to ask 200,300 or so people an opinion or does the 200,300 members nominate 1 board for an opinion.

could you imagine every club asking its supporters to give their opinions on  a subject? We’d still be waiting for a United decision next Xmas 

The board do a fantastic job for the club - in very trying circunstances they all work extremely hard - as do all our  volunteers.

I do think, however, that something as fundamental as should we play football or not could have been put to a simple vote - the club members could have been emailed in seconds and votes collated ..and my guess is that over 70% of people would have voted to play..

It is not that I dont care about safety - but games are taking place at the levels above and below us with spectators - I genuinely do not understand the reasons .. we have successfully hosted a number this season - if all our volunteers were not attending for their own safety I would get it, but that is not the case ..

Looks like it is irrelevant anyway now with the imminent tier 3 for london - as someone lving in an area that will remain in tier 2 I am hopeful of getting to a game over xmas...

23 minutes ago, Raingod said:

The board do a fantastic job for the club - in very trying circunstances they all work extremely hard - as do all our  volunteers.

I do think, however, that something as fundamental as should we play football or not could have been put to a simple vote - the club members could have been emailed in seconds and votes collated ..and my guess is that over 70% of people would have voted to play..

It is not that I dont care about safety - but games are taking place at the levels above and below us with spectators - I genuinely do not understand the reasons .. we have successfully hosted a number this season - if all our volunteers were not attending for their own safety I would get it, but that is not the case ..

Looks like it is irrelevant anyway now with the imminent tier 3 for london - as someone lving in an area that will remain in tier 2 I am hopeful of getting to a game over xmas...

Agree wholeheartedly, especially as our ground is purpose built for social distancing!

But sadly, as of now Tier 3 is the norm, so......?

11 hours ago, Raingod said:

I partly agree with you, Putting it the way you have.

however do all members have the technology/internet/email to respond and vote? I don’t know is the answer. 

what would be the financial implications of returning I.e crowd limits?, bar sales? , Clubs above ETFC have state funding Clubs below I.e Step 5 downwards don’t usually pay players and only need a tea bar open to make ends meet.

I may be wrong but it appears messier restarting under restrictions and without some underpinning of potential costs.

mind you didn’t a ‘substantial majority’ of clubs vote to pause the season? So whether ETFC voted to carry on or not they’d have no one to play

Our league took the gamble to come to a halt.In the hope that the matches could be played later on in the season when all teams could have fans attend and club bar's would allowed to be open.

The gamble is that if these games are never ultimately played,the clubs have forever lost the gates receipts for those games (needlessly?) cancelled

Edited by lovely stuff