Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wasn't expecting this

Father Jack

1 hour ago, Bottoms Up said:

Would our clubs at our level and in Tier 2/3 afford to operate without a gate + bar ?‍♂️
steps 3+4 do not get state funding it’s only steps 1-2 that do. 

Clubs seem to be able to still play friendlies with no problem at all (With no gate or bar)..Maybe they don't have to pay squad wages when playing friendlies? Who knows?

I think we may have lost a significant portion of players,supporters,helpers because of this second period of non-activity

With this season already looking like a null & void, think it's time for our club to take stock of what we have so far achieved since our formation and more importantly where we want to be heading and how we will achieve that

I personally feel we need three things to progress to where we want to be

1.We need an income stream.Probably via a new entertainment/bar venue

2.Always try to employ the best team manager possible as this level and to never accept second best or treading water in mid-table

3.We need to find a way to inject stability into our playing squad in order to instil some connection between fans and players.Less of a constant revolving turnstile of players and more of smaller settled squad that are willing to commit to the club for a minimum of a whole season.

4 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

I think we may have lost a significant portion of players,supporters,helpers because of this second period of non-activity

With this season already looking like a null & void, think it's time for our club to take stock of what we have so far achieved since our formation and more importantly where we want to be heading and how we will achieve that

I personally feel we need three things to progress to where we want to be

1.We need an income stream.Probably via a new entertainment/bar venue

2.Always try to employ the best team manager possible as this level and to never accept second best or treading water in mid-table

3.We need to find a way to inject stability into our playing squad in order to instil some connection between fans and players.Less of a constant revolving turnstile of players and more of smaller settled squad that are willing to commit to the club for a minimum of a whole season.

Is it, that ☝️, as easy to do as you’ve written it whilst lying in your bed then sloping off for an extra snooze?

what evidence is their that the club have lost supporters, players, volunteers, helpers?

sorry for the questions but I’m new to the area and all this online chat and indeed like to chat with facts .

Just now, Bottoms Up said:

Is it, that ☝️, as easy to do as you’ve written it whilst lying in your bed then sloping off for an extra snooze?

what evidence is their that the club have lost supporters, players, volunteers, helpers?

sorry for the questions but I’m new to the area and all this online chat and indeed like to chat with facts .

The loss of 3 key players has been publicised. Any ideas what the rest of the squad are now up to football-wise? Are they now playing Sunday League? Or pay-to-play Saturday stuff in the amateur leagues?

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

The loss of 3 key players has been publicised. Any ideas what the rest of the squad are now up to football-wise? Are they now playing Sunday League? Or pay-to-play Saturday stuff in the amateur leagues?

so have we lost any more players i think the majority have gone

5 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

Did i say it would be easy?

Funding and building an new bar/venue will  be a very big undertaking both finacially and in the planning (Just as no doubt it was when the Starlight rooms were added to Southbury Rd)..This is not pie in the sky and this possibility has already been actively looked at by the club

Securing the very best manager possible at this level and within out financial structure should be of utmost importance for any club board.Not being willing to accept mediocre performances should also be important 

Filling the squad will loyal (rther than transient players)might take some creative thinking in the contracts and player bonus's department.we also need to take a players character and commitment into account when making signings

Edited by lovely stuff

I think it’s very interesting how the northern league have broken away from the agreement - when voting took place last month all the northern league wanted to stop, isthmian was the most mixed - now they have changed their mind .. solidarity when it suits

Horsham are playing a friendly tomorrow - food is available . . Still dont get the situation .. I can go shopping in a crowded centre but can’t stand in the fresh air 2m from anyone with a mask on

I would be happy to pay £16 for a ticket inc food if that meant the club got the same income ?

On the plus side no players appear to have left or dual registered .. I would say at least 6 or 7 of our squad are good enough to walk into conf south teams 

I’m even considering paying£5 to watch dorking beat Barnet tomorrow

1 hour ago, Raingod said:

Banning xmas in some places and not others at 6 days notice is wrong and very poor leadership ... 

The mass exodus of people out of London last night will have a massie impact on its spread in the coming weeks .. keep safe everyone ..

its because of idiots leaving tier 4 that it sptreads quicker they should not be allowed back untill tier 4 is lowered  so if it takes weeks or months then let it be  they have to learn

Let's put this into some perspective here.

Covid has been a threat for a long time now..Up until recently we as a club had fans packed into small stands behind the goals.singing and dancing away together.

A few short weeks later people are being called 'idiots' for wanting to not be alone on christmas day

They say a week is a long time in football.Just as a month is a long time in life.

Edited by lovely stuff

6 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Let's put this into some perspective here.

Covid has been a threat for a long time now..Up until recently we as a club had fans packed into small stands behind the goals.singing and dancing away together.

A few short weeks later people are being called 'idiots' for wanting to not be alone on christmas day

They say a week is a long time in football.Just as a month is a long time in life.

Have you see the ongoing video footage of Nottingham students having raves to celebrate going into tier 3? And they are supposedly be the clever ones.