Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is the 2020/21 SSML season over?

Is the 2020/21 SSML season over?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is the 2020/21 SSML season over?

• Yes
    • No

Whispers of lockdowns for at least the next two winters.

Summer anyone!

This season is done and dusted we all know that well unless you are ellite ? football that is ?

On 04/01/2021 at 23:16, Savagebee said:

Well surely that's it now for the 2020/21 season? 

Yes, it's looking very much like 'Goodnight Irene' isn't it. I gather that Step 5 and 6 Club's will be 'surveyed' by the FA, along with Club's at Step 3 and 4 level, regarding deciding the season, once all the views have been received and assessed the Leagues Committee & the FA Council will meet to make a final decision, it's all looking very grim so say the least:

Update from Mark Frost, Chairman FA Leagues Committee - The Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League (pitchero.com)

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, it's looking very much like 'Goodnight Irene' isn't it. I gather that Step 5 and 6 Club's will be 'surveyed' by the FA, along with Club's at Step 3 and 4 level, regarding deciding the season, once all the views have been received and assessed the Leagues Committee & the FA Council will meet to make a final decision, it's all looking very grim so say the least:

Update from Mark Frost, Chairman FA Leagues Committee - The Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League (pitchero.com)

Billede

Yep there hands are tied very tight by our Supreme Leaders. If people are getting fined £200 by the police for standing still on there own in a park ? then what hope does little old non league have eh!.

This season is over it just needs to be confirmed.

I will be watching QPR v Fulham today which is better than nothing I guess. Football in empty big stadiums is awful.

Echo.gif&ehk=0s8RxiRHFGkAkSkCsXHDtwb3qX0

I see that all Clubs at Steps 3-6 level have been e-mailed an FA Survey (see link) about how to decide the 2020/21 season, Clubs have until Friday 22nd January to respond. A decision will then be made by the FA Alliance Committee and FA Council:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1350103950779965440

On 15/01/2021 at 21:54, Rhodes said:

I see that all Clubs at Steps 3-6 level have been e-mailed an FA Survey (see link) about how to decide the 2020/21 season, Clubs have until Friday 22nd January to respond. A decision will then be made by the FA Alliance Committee and FA Council:

Step 3-6 Club's have now given their views on deciding the 2020/21 campaign, presumably through their respective League's, the FA Leagues and Alliance Committees will now collate and consider the responses to the survey before making their recommendations to the FA Council who have the responsibility of ratifying a decision.

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I wonder how many guys will have not missed playing that much and may not bother again?

Some might not be able to afford to play? Also there jobs might change and not have time to play anymore? Also some clubs may stop paying players? As every penny will count for some clubs now even more than before. All of this is now well and truly in the game changer zone! ?

58 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Some might not be able to afford to play? Also there jobs might change and not have time to play anymore? Also some clubs may stop paying players? As every penny will count for some clubs now even more than before. All of this is now well and truly in the game changer zone! ?

The money certainly won’t be there as much and frankly the money being dished out at this level has been absurd for a long time now. Good points though, people’s situations will have most certainly changed and that will play a part, I posted the above after speaking to a few lads who pretty much said they weren’t really bothered anymore. 

On 15/01/2021 at 21:54, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - That's what Colney Heath Manager Ryan Thompson was suggesting when he was on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show recently that players may well lose interest before too long however, more worryingly, it would appear that SSML Club's are already losing interest as only three responses to the recent survey were received by the League from Premier Division Club's by the set deadline of midnight yesterday, I'm not sure what the response rate was from Division One Club's. 

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - That's what Colney Heath Manager Ryan Thompson was suggesting when he was on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show recently that players may well lose interest before too long however, more worryingly, it would appear that SSML Club's are already losing interest as only three responses to the recent survey were received by the League from Premier Division Club's by the set deadline of midnight yesterday, I'm not sure what the response rate was from Division One Club's. 

A lot of fatigue with it all. HanCock today basically saying we are stuck till may, so that’s that. Another thing is committees, most are all of a generation, not a lot of new blood. I wonder if some of these guys will have had the time to consider if they really want to commit all that time? I reckon quite a few will have realised they have done their bit and don’t need the stress. 

10 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Another thing is committees, most are all of a generation, not a lot of new blood. I wonder if some of these guys will have had the time to consider if they really want to commit all that time? I reckon quite a few will have realised they have done their bit and don’t need the stress. 

That's a good point.