Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ: Streaming against Kings Lynn Town.

Fat Tom Daley

PLEASE READ: Streaming Against Kings Lynn Town  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• Yes - Allow KL to stream the game and charge £12
    • No - Reject the proposal and live streaming will not be allowed on the day.
    • Try and negotiate a much smaller fee but if they refuse, do not stream the game. 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/21 at 23:59

8 hours ago, UrchinYid said:

hours

tell them to feck right off ..... from a hospital bed in King Georges .....

Dibs

Dave I wish you a speedy recovery mate .

first and foremost - get well soon dibs.  

I get that all football clubs are losing revenue and are struggling, but to me the £12 price tag is a tad excessive, particularly when you bear in mind that a nowtv 24hr sky sports pass will get you 11 channels you can watch on 2 devices at the same time at pretty high quality for £9.99.  do Kings Lynn really think this is any sort of value for money and that if someone wants to watch sport, that they'll spend more to watch them rather than sky?  If any football club is going to survive the current crisis, it will be reliant on the goodwill and the support of the fans.  Each club can have their own strategy around fostering this continued support and goodwill, not just of their own fans, but away fans and neutrals alike.  Once this is over, I would certainly consider pitching up at Dulwich Hamlet, Tonbridge Angels or Hampton & Richmond and contributing to record bar takings as a gesture of my appreciation for their live streaming.  

That said, I've been grateful to these teams in the past which means that I probably do place a value on the live stream - the Dulwich commentator was asking for donations, but I didn't chip in as the feed kept freezing.  I'm hopeful that Kings Lynn were just testing the waters to see what appetite there is and £12 was their opening offer.   I'd be willing to pay a quid for the feed and pledge to attend a match at Kings Lynn in the future.  If they're going to stick to their guns though, I agree with the sentiment expressed here.  f*ck em and everyone encourage a boycott of their club as they've effectively shat on the fans they rely on.  

alternative could be for an official at the ground to be on the phone to fat tom daley for the 90 mins giving commentary, and fat tom daley in turn live streaming himself in front of a Subbuteo table giving us a unique fa trophy experience and a laugh.  i'd pay more than a quid for that.

23 minutes ago, and1inthetree said:

first and foremost - get well soon dibs.  

I get that all football clubs are losing revenue and are struggling, but to me the £12 price tag is a tad excessive, particularly when you bear in mind that a nowtv 24hr sky sports pass will get you 11 channels you can watch on 2 devices at the same time at pretty high quality for £9.99.  do Kings Lynn really think this is any sort of value for money and that if someone wants to watch sport, that they'll spend more to watch them rather than sky?  If any football club is going to survive the current crisis, it will be reliant on the goodwill and the support of the fans.  Each club can have their own strategy around fostering this continued support and goodwill, not just of their own fans, but away fans and neutrals alike.  Once this is over, I would certainly consider pitching up at Dulwich Hamlet, Tonbridge Angels or Hampton & Richmond and contributing to record bar takings as a gesture of my appreciation for their live streaming.  

That said, I've been grateful to these teams in the past which means that I probably do place a value on the live stream - the Dulwich commentator was asking for donations, but I didn't chip in as the feed kept freezing.  I'm hopeful that Kings Lynn were just testing the waters to see what appetite there is and £12 was their opening offer.   I'd be willing to pay a quid for the feed and pledge to attend a match at Kings Lynn in the future.  If they're going to stick to their guns though, I agree with the sentiment expressed here.  f*ck em and everyone encourage a boycott of their club as they've effectively shat on the fans they rely on.  

alternative could be for an official at the ground to be on the phone to fat tom daley for the 90 mins giving commentary, and fat tom daley in turn live streaming himself in front of a Subbuteo table giving us a unique fa trophy experience and a laugh.  i'd pay more than a quid for that.

Now that would be unique!

King's Lynn Town are classed as an elite team as they are in the Conference (National) League.

As such, they have been allowed to continue to train and play, and they get a substantial grant that is intended to cover their losses. Amounts paid to KL not known, but the maximum awarded was reported to be £93,000 and the minimum was £30,000 (per month) - I do not know how much wen to KL. But I do know how much went to Hornchurch (absolutely nothing at all).

The National League also stream their matches, and the usual charge is £12 per match, but for the Trophy KL had the choice of a free stream via ourselves, or a £12 stream via KL.

The competition rules state that both clubs have to agree on the charge for the stream, and KL appear to be insisting on a £12 charge, and Hornchurch only get a small percentage of that amount.

KL claim that they get up to 600 streaming their matches, which gives them a substantial rake-off, and they seem to have forgotten that other clubs outside the Elite system have to survive without any grant or help from outside sources.

They also forget that many are now either out of work or on furlough, and it would appear that they have no interest at all in making this a free stream, as profit is their only motive.

No - I will not pay £12 to stream this match, especially as HFC only get a fraction of this money. I would however be more than happy to pay for a stream if the money went to HFC.

HFC want to make this a free stream - it is our home match, it should be our decision, and not theirs.

21 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

what a load of crap!!!  how can they not know unless the player kept it quiet yet they even played a game on Saturday which would be within quarentine period.  Was this player at the match!  I suspect KL are desperate to play the Trophy game on Saturday at all costs.

5 hours ago, unhappylinnet said:

As a Kings Lynn fan, its great that you are trying to put the game on for free., we get ripped off almost every week, the programme for our 1st game cost £15.  Stick to your guns, you will have the backing of a lot of Lynn fans, we would love it to be free!

thanks for your honest views,  that' excessive to say the least, our programmes are well put together and cost £2.50 most of which covers the printing cost.  I hope they see sense and sort this out otherwise we will have lots of very unhappy fans from both teams!

Can someone explain the below;

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5464.msg64588;topicseen#new

On the podcast and in the SC's EDP column - https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/stephen-cleeve-column-6891258

"Our FA Cup game against Portsmouth in a normal environment would have been a great financial fillip for the club. Sadly, the home club lost £5,967.42 putting the game on and we of course rightly need to pay half of this, as our share of the losses. So imagine my surprise when I heard that Hornchurch were going to give the streaming away for our FA Trophy game next week and ask for donations in return to their supporters’ club."

Basically SC thinks Hornchurch are 'pulling a fast one' in that if they charged for the stream 50% would come to KL, however by asking for 'donations' they keep all the potential income.  Now you can argue this both ways and I can see SC's point but it certainly isn't winning the club any fans, particularly with a lower league club who are not getting any income at present.  Maybe a better option would have been to explain the situation and, given that we are hardly likely to be talking huge £s, SC could have asked Lynn fans to make their own mind up and for those that thought Hornchurch's stance was unfair to make a contribution to Lynn instead.