Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

kings lynn

and1inthetree

GET IN!

well done lads.  absolutely bossed the midfield today - should have got a couple more.  KL put the pressure on in last 15 minutes but thought the lads were well drilled and looked really sharp and absorbed the pressure.  some excellent saves in the 90 and 3 more in the shootout!  

draw is on Monday.  the season continues!

Echo what everyone had said already. The commitment from everyone was fantastic and even with a slightly depleted squad and only fielding 4 subs we put that full time lot to shame. The quickness we broke away definitely didn't look like it was from a team that hadn't played competivly for quite some time. No easy draw left now but let's get the smallest team left please and then once we can all get back in the ground a slightly bigger one for the semi. This money is really going to be useful in keeping the squad together I hope!

Congratulations everyone.

So pleased and proud for the whole team. Such grit and determination to get the result. Can't wait until I'm allowed to watch live again.

A little bit of luck and it could have been a clear 2 or 3 goal win.

Penalties reminded me of Oxford City last year when Joe performed wonders - unreal.

Just outstanding performances all over the pitch

The programme of this match is now available as a free download on our website.

King's Lynn please note - it is FREE - we do not charge £15 for our programmes.

A big thank you to the volunteers who spent hours forking the pitch to remove the surface water. The match might not have gone ahead without them.

The streaming kept on freezing in the first half, but they seemed to have ironed out the problems for the second half. 

I was impressed with the commentary, though neither of the two commentators were aware that the match would go straight to penalties. They kept on talking about having to play an extra thirty minutes, and were completely perplexed when it went to penalties.

Alex - Thanks for the offer of a £5 credit in the bar, but I will not take you up on that offer, as I think the club needs every penny it can get - KL might get a substantial grant, but we get absolutely nothing.

A magnificent performance. Don't really want to single any one particular player out, but Joe Wright was incredible. Four excellent saves during the second half, and three penalty saves. Outstanding, as were all the team.

I have to say that was the worst  streaming of all the games I've watched, it kept freezing and would not let me use my WiFi therefore using up all my phone data ..... In the end costing me about £30 .... but worth every penny.

But what a team performance, everyone involved today should be proud of themselves, if it was not for this fecking Covid I could have been there with you ... A very proud URCHIN.

Dibs

Fantastic all round performance, amazing how our squad keeps fit and perform to this level. A tribute to mark and coaching staff.

Dibs glad to see your on the mend mate , don’t worry about missing yesterday, we can meet up at Wembley ?

Dave - They did the streaming using only one camera - they said before the start that they were not using their normal three cameras - so we had to pay for a much reduced service.

There was a moment before the start of the commentary when a hand went across the screen, wiping the rain off the lens of the camera.

And on three occasions the camera seemed to have a mind of its own, when it went from one end of the pitch to the other.

But at the end of the day the little Pub Team from Essex beat the East Anglian Elites.

After all the shenanigans re streaming it was great to see the depleted team pull together and pull off a fantastic win. How on earth the team and Mark managed to beat a conference team after restricted training and lack of matches is beyond me. I put it down to team spirit and a determination to win for the fans and the urchins. Dodgy streaming at times and hilarious when commentators couldn’t work out who was coming on and off and had to be helped by a youngster in background! Great and what a goalie.

Firstly I have to say a HUGE thankyou to all the Players and Manager as behind the scenes they have worked as hard as they could to stay fit and stay together when we know many of the players could step up to national leagues thy have chosen to show some loyalty and faith in Mark Stimson and the Urchins and as a result we saw the team win to make it to the next round and deservedly so.

What a fantastic performance across the park every player worked hard and contributed to a team performance and it was frustrating to see Kings Lyn early pressure take a slightly unfortunate lead.  The first half went without much luck having the goal ruled out for offside but that should have alerted Kings Lyn to the danger.

Second half as usual the team stepped up the pace and pressure from the off took control of the midfield and started bossing the wings putting in quick crosses.  Nash scored a fantastic goal to level the scores seemingly hanging in the air for what looked like an ang and from then on despite several good stops by Wright I thought there would only be one winner and that was the Urchins

Fantastic saves by Wright to make it 3-0 in a shoot out and joyous scenes afterwards shows how much this meant to the whole squad and staff at the club.  I hope we can get another home draw on Monday.

Fantastic performance. Still cant believe we are in the final 16 of the FA Trophy!

Think it's the second time the club has been in position before? Correct me if I'm wrong but last time was around 2002-2004, cant remember who we played?

Hopefully we can go another round further this time. Looking forward to the draw on Monday. Fingers crossed for another home tie...

12 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Fantastic performance. Still cant believe we are in the final 16 of the FA Trophy!

Think it's the second time the club has been in position before? Correct me if I'm wrong but last time was around 2002-2004, cant remember who we played?

Hopefully we can go another round further this time. Looking forward to the draw on Monday. Fingers crossed for another home tie...

The previous time was Vs Hendesford. Remember being on the coach only to be told it was postponed...replay on a wet and windy Tuesday.

Archived