Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Dual registration arrangement for Jon Muleba


Recommended Posts

Don't think many of us are that bothered about the 'coming's-and-going's' of players at the moment.

With a club (and league) that seemily do not want to resume until the start of next season,it will have to be a complete rebuild of the squad anyway.(With only those who couldn't get into/got rejected by a conference south side left standing.

I'd be more worried about retaining our core supporter base rather than retaining transient playing staff

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

I'd be more worried about retaining our core supporter base rather than retaining transient playing staff

ETFC is no different to any other club at step 3 and lower. Nobody can blame a player for leaving if he is offered a position at a club at step 2 or above, who is playing. All clubs step 3 and lower will be in re-build mode once we re-start (which I don't see being before July).

For us, as a supporters' owned and run club, the equation is very simple. If we lose our supporter base, we lose our club. I am NOT concerned that we will lose our supporter base. I think our supporter base is one of the most loyal at this level and will continue to demonstrate that loyalty through the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

I am NOT concerned that we will lose our supporter base. I think our supporter base is one of the most loyal at this level and will continue to demonstrate that loyalty through the year.

I am not as confident as you about this - losing faith in a club that does not want to play football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AnfieldTowner said:

I am not as confident as you about this - losing faith in a club that does not want to play football.

I’m not privy to the numbers but suspect that we need both gate money and takings from the clubhouse/bar/club shop to cover our costs. Sponsorship (understandably) has dried up. So until fans are allowed back to watch all teams in our league and use the clubhouse/bar, it makes little difference if a club wants to re-start or not. I’m sure we want to re-start - just can’t afford to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2021 at 18:59, Benjrider10 said:

ETFC is no different to any other club at step 3 and lower. Nobody can blame a player for leaving if he is offered a position at a club at step 2 or above, who is playing. All clubs step 3 and lower will be in re-build mode once we re-start (which I don't see being before July).

For us, as a supporters' owned and run club, the equation is very simple. If we lose our supporter base, we lose our club. I am NOT concerned that we will lose our supporter base. I think our supporter base is one of the most loyal at this level and will continue to demonstrate that loyalty through the year.

Totally agree, an Enfield Town Supporter will always be a supporter. As a fans owned football club we will be as good as we want to make it ourselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely get it with the players having dual registration....if they have the chance to play then so be it...not good for us at all but then again no player is bigger than the club and as has been pointed out previously the cream of the crop will always be sought after by clubs playing at a higher step.

 

If a player wants to play then there's no reason they can't and won't move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djwilf said:

Completely get it with the players having dual registration....if they have the chance to play then so be it...not good for us at all but then again no player is bigger than the club and as has been pointed out previously the cream of the crop will always be sought after by clubs playing at a higher step.

 

If a player wants to play then there's no reason they can't and won't move on.

And I sure this would happen with ETFC going after a player from a team in a league lower than ourselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2021 at 12:13, AnfieldTowner said:

I am not as confident as you about this - losing faith in a club that does not want to play football.

You’ll also now be losing faith with any Conference South/North Club too.

 

some comments are outrageous, the country/world are currently living with a pandemic and we have supporters saying ‘losing faith with a club that doesn’t want to play football’, Barmy.

only averaging 200k new infections and 10k deaths a week , all our clubs fault

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...