Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy QF's

A long distance to travel and hope the lads can use a coach or go up the night before.  It's a winnable tie and hope the lads will go up there to enjoy it and in so doing give it the best they can. I am sure this is where the experience an pedigree of Mark Stimson will really be an asset to help our players and that they will all be able to come home proudly wearing the club badge with pride.

Up the Urchins

If you read the full thread it was one individual and he's now clarified (see below).  They are a top bunch.  I know from my 5 years living in Newcastle.  Though I did nearly get beaten up in a Darlo town centre pub due to my equally Estuary-accented mate asking for a cinzano and lemonade (honestly!).  To be fair to the locals it was after a game v Orient and the pub wasn't exactly an Oysters and Champagne establishment!

image.png.86a9b7875b9dd5ce256ef0f74ee33503.png

18 hours ago, Jago said:

If you read the full thread it was one individual and he's now clarified (see below).  They are a top bunch.  I know from my 5 years living in Newcastle.  Though I did nearly get beaten up in a Darlo town centre pub due to my equally Estuary-accented mate asking for a cinzano and lemonade (honestly!).  To be fair to the locals it was after a game v Orient and the pub wasn't exactly an Oysters and Champagne establishment!

image.png.86a9b7875b9dd5ce256ef0f74ee33503.png

Ah I didn't see that quote. All you've got though are verifiable facts ;) 

Looking on their forum, it does look like they are in a very difficult position with the league in terms of costs and I do have sympathy for their predicament.

Think the majority of their fans wants the game to go ahead. We'll have to wait and see. 

Obviously hoping for the win as we need the money as well

So, National League North and South are declared null and void. 
I was aware that Tonbridge Angels were furloughing their players and advertising for "no fee" players but didn't see the same for Darlington but expect maybe they were having similar thoughts.
Definitely means no league games for Darlington but do they retain their players?
Are they allowed to train? Are we still allowed to train?
Crucially, we they still stream the game live? Will we see a Kings Lynn situation where Jago and Luke provide the coverage?

But National League (step 1) are continuing. Reading various Twitter timelines paints the National League in a very bad light bordering on omnishambles. As nice as promotion would be I wonder if the National League's apparent cavalier attitude to their member clubs financial concerns is a reason to stay where we are.

Archived