Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The 2021/22 SSML Season.

I'm hearing some very interesting rumours regarding what club's will be and won't be playing in the SSML Premier Division and Divison One next season ??????

It could be interesting ?

Edited by Savagebee

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

I'm hearing some very interesting rumours regarding what club's will be and won't be playing in the SSML Premier Division and Divison One next season ??????

It could be interesting ?

What are you hearing mate and where from, can you divulge if not publicly via a PM? 

As far as I'm aware we (Edgware) were earmarked to move laterally to the new Step 5 Division of the Combined Counties League 

It seems the FA are adamant to push forward their delayed restructure of Steps 4-6 so it co well be that we've already played our final SSML game! 

31 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

What are you hearing mate and where from, can you divulge if not publicly via a PM? 

As far as I'm aware we (Edgware) were earmarked to move laterally to the new Step 5 Division of the Combined Counties League 

It seems the FA are adamant to push forward their delayed restructure of Steps 4-6 so it co well be that we've already played our final SSML game! 

Combined Counties League North is the rumour ?

6 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Not a rumour, this was the proposal for the 2020/21 season 

Some of those were based on promotion and relegation 

Screenshot_20210127-095620_WhatsApp.jpg

Yep it's going to look something like that from what I'm told. Will see.

SSML Division 1 is very interesting ?

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

GRS67 - I don't think Savagebee knows anything, he is just posting to try to keep the banter going, he has been doing that for the past eleven years since he joined the Forum in February 2010.

1 hour ago, View from the Boundary said:

Said it before but why are the Jets being moved instead of Harefield or Broadfields? Makes no sense at all. A third of the SSMLP are based in Herts, as Jets are.

I asked the very same question, the simple answer is that Harefield were in Div 1 so not included. 

Harefield would be included in a move latterly now, Oxhey I assume will be the southernmost club in the league. 

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I don't think Savagebee knows anything, he is just posting to try to keep the banter going, he has been doing that for the past eleven years since he joined the Forum in February 2010.

Ha Ha Rhodes your wrong my old china. Wait and see ?

15 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yep it's going to look something like that from what I'm told. Will see.

SSML Division 1 is very interesting ?

Where are you getting your info from? Let's see if the FA manage to push forward their delayed restructure in time for the start of the 2021/22 season. 

3 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Where are you getting your info from? Let's see if the FA manage to push forward their delayed restructure in time for the start of the 2021/22 season. 

Just from a friend whos involved at a non league football club. Just rumours but interesting rumours as most rumours tend to be. Will see I guess.

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Just from a friend whos involved at a non league football club. Just rumours but interesting rumours as most rumours tend to be. Will see I guess.

OK, well as you say we'll just wait to see if the FA manage to push forward their plans 

An alternative plan being proposed at the same time as the 'Combined Counties North/South' option was, according to a respected source, the 'London Orbital' option.

This would concern the five Step 5 leagues which cover Greater London, currently the SSML, the Essex Senior, the South-East Counties, the Southern Combination, and the Combined Counties.  The plan would then involve taking from each of the five leagues the four Clubs closest to Central London, and creating a new league for the twenty Clubs.  At the time this was mooted, the four SSML Clubs would probably have been Cockfosters, Edgware Town, Hadley and Wembley, and the Essex Senior Clubs would probably have been Clapton, Redbridge, Sporting Bengal and Tower Hamlets.

As I remember someone pointing out at the time, a possible downside to this plan would be that on an average Tuesday evening, it would probably take the London Essex Clubs longer to get across to Edgware and Wembley than it would take them to go the other way and get to Southend Manor.

The late Mike Appleby had some regard for the plan, but felt that it didn't have much chance of getting through.  He once suggested to me that there are elements within the FA who automatically talk down and then vote against anything that could be seen to benefit London, no matter how well thought out the proposal.  Why --- well, who knows ?

As I said earlier, this was almost two years ago now, so it's anyone's guess as to which particular option is currently the front runner.          

• 4 months later...

It has only been two weeks since the start of the new campaign on Tuesday 3 August but it seems to be 'so far so good', the Pyramid restructuring went reasonably smoothly in the circumstances and apart from a number of successful appeals the FA's 'hardline' stance worked although you have to have some sympathy for the likes of  Biggleswade United who could have perhaps, on hindsight, been allowed to remain in the SSML. The new Club's all appear to have bedded in well despite there still being a feeling of 'us and them' between the old and the new, hopefully that will change in the coming weeks when we come to learn more about your Rushden & Higham United's, your Irchester United's, your Kidlington Reserves's, your Wellingborough Whitworth's, your Burton Park Wanderers's and your Raunds Town's.