Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Spring Cups

10 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

Are you sure Rhodes?

Haringey have enjoyed thier best period in thier history since they left the SSMFL they have never looked back!

I believe Haringey Borough had the option to join he Essex Senior League, it wasn't forced  upon them in 2012/13 however the Club sold it's soul to the devil knowing that it would be an easier route to Step 4

14 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I believe Haringey Borough had the option to join he Essex Senior League, it wasn't forced  upon them in 2012/13 however the Club sold it's soul to the devil knowing that it would be an easier route to Step 4

How's winning promotion from the Essex Senior League and never lookkg back selling thier soul? 

As far as I remember, Haringey were a club going nowhere as had been the case for years when I went there in 2006/07 it was a desoloute place and our players had their dressing room broken into during the game! 

Edited by GRS67

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

You seem to be missing the main point Rhodes (not for the first time) it's NOT Edgware's decision to leave the SSML, as I said most at the club want to remain, it's the SSMFL who want to get rid of thier southernmost clubs! 

The FA reorganisation has allowed the SSML to go ahead with it's plans to rid itself of the likes us, Wembley, NGU and Harefield to focus on allowing more clubs from the United Counties League move across. 

Another incorrect fact.

The SSML has no wish to lose any of it's member clubs. The FA Leagues Committee now decide all promotion/relegation matters

The boundaries for SSML Premier (Step 5) are not changing it is Division One (Step 6) that will see the boundaries pushed further northwards thus losing its Southern based clubs.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Was there a missed post above, to be honest I think Edgware Town will make a huge mistake to join the Combined Counties League, it might be an easier route to Step 4 but it won't be so enjoyable as being in the SSML, you have to be true to yourself in football and Haringey Borough, for example, took an easier route to Step 4 when they joined the Essex Senior League in 2013/14, the Club haven't been able to look themselves in the mirror ever since.

You're upset because you are still banned.

3 hours ago, petethegreek said:

You're upset because you are still banned.

Seems that Haringey's upturn in fortune wasn't when they moved to the Essex Senior League, it was in fact when they got shot of Rhodes ?

4 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Another incorrect fact.

The SSML has no wish to lose any of it's member clubs. The FA Leagues Committee now decide all promotion/relegation matters

The boundaries for SSML Premier (Step 5) are not changing it is Division One (Step 6) that will see the boundaries pushed further northwards thus losing its Southern based clubs.

That's not what I was told in fact quite the opposite. 

It would very much appear we've played our final match in the SSML and will be kicking off in a new exciting league come August! 

Edited by GRS67

5 hours ago, GRS67 said:

As far as I remember, Haringey were a club going nowhere as had been the case for years when I went there in 2006/07 it was a desoloute place and our players had their dressing room broken into during the game! 

Yes, that was on Tuesday 10 October 2006 and Edgware Town won 3-1 with an Adam Wallace hat trick, dressing room break ins were quite common back then if I recall, not only at Haringey Borough and I remember it soured your win. 

Edited by Rhodes

On 28/03/2021 at 15:19, Rhodes said:

Saturday 15 May
Winner Group A v Runners Up Group B
Winner Group B v Runners Up Group A

Coming back to the topic of this thread, namely the SSML Spring Cups, I gather the Final of the Gladwish Premier/Division One competition will take place on Tuesday 18 May at a venue to be confirmed. It's a clever move, presumably by Karen, the day after a number of the pedantic restrictions are lifted so there will be a good attendance.

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, that was on Tuesday 10 October 2006 and Edgware Town won 3-1 with an Adam Wallace hat trick, dressing room break ins were quite common back then if I recall, not only at Haringey Borough and I remember it soured your win. 

Think you have the wrong game Rhodes, Adam Wallace wasn't at the club in the 2006/07 treble season, he joined the team the following season in the Isthmian League. 

I'm pretty sure it was a 1-0 win on a cold midweek evening. 

46 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Coming back to the topic of this thread, namely the SSML Spring Cups, I gather the Final of the Gladwish Premier/Division One competition will take place on Tuesday 18 May at a venue to be confirmed. It's a clever move, presumably by Karen, the day after a number of the pedantic restrictions are lifted so there will be a good attendance.

The date of the Finals have yet to be decided

22 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

The date of the Finals have yet to be decided

Karen - Really, that's strange because it was mentioned on Sunday's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show that the Final of the Gladwish Premier/Division One competition will take place on Tuesday 18 May. There appears to be a lot of mis-information about at the moment doesn't there after the Biggleswade United Chairman stated that the Spring Cup competitions had already been ratified by the blazers at the FA, is that the case now by the way.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Was there a missed post above, to be honest I think Edgware Town will make a huge mistake to join the Combined Counties League, it might be an easier route to Step 4 but it won't be so enjoyable as being in the SSML, you have to be true to yourself in football and Haringey Borough, for example, took an easier route to Step 4 when they joined the Essex Senior League in 2013/14, the Club haven't been able to look themselves in the mirror ever since.

It's out of Edgware Towns hands.

On 29/03/2021 at 16:32, GRS67 said:

I would assume that a new Division made up from the Combined Counties /Hellenic and SSML would be diluted so the standard would be difficult to ascertain from the get go

Just to say this speculative spreadsheet that is doing the rounds is quite interesting on a proposed Pyramid restructuring at the end of this season, it seems like it is going to happen rather than put it off for another year. They have Tring Athletic in the Isthmian League Central Division with Colney Heath:

Non League Projections - 2021/2022 - Google Drev

27 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Just to say this speculative spreadsheet that is doing the rounds is quite interesting on a proposed Pyramid restructuring at the end of this season, it seems like it is going to happen rather than put it off for another year. They have Tring Athletic in the Isthmian League Central Division with Colney Heath:

Non League Projections - 2021/2022 - Google Drev

This is very interesting, the only thing I would say is why are Staines placed in a relegation place to join the Combined Counties North as they were in the top 4 of the league last season but originally were placed in a relegated place based on 2019/20

Because, as I posted earlier, these projections are more then eighteen months out of date.

It is also worth bearing in mind that none of these projections has any 'official' backing, or even any acknowledgement --- they are largely 'guesstimates' cobbled together by fans and enthusiasts.  One of the most widely-quoted projections, for example, was put together by an ex-RAF man who is a season-ticket holder at Derby County.  The projection reproduced here by Rhodes is, I believe, the one put together by a supporter of NWCL Club Warrington Town.  He was posting on another forum quite recently and pointing out that this was just an exercise for his own amusement and apologised to anyone who thought that his work had any official support.

As an aside GRS, any of your committee planning to use public transport for Saturday's game should be aware that Cockfosters station will be closed.  There are no Piccadilly Line trains operating north of Wood Green until Tuesday.    

On 01/04/2021 at 23:03, agamemnon3 said:

Because, as I posted earlier, these projections are more then eighteen months out of date.

It is also worth bearing in mind that none of these projections has any 'official' backing, or even any acknowledgement --- they are largely 'guesstimates' cobbled together by fans and enthusiasts.  One of the most widely-quoted projections, for example, was put together by an ex-RAF man who is a season-ticket holder at Derby County.  The projection reproduced here by Rhodes is, I believe, the one put together by a supporter of NWCL Club Warrington Town.  He was posting on another forum quite recently and pointing out that this was just an exercise for his own amusement and apologised to anyone who thought that his work had any official support.

As an aside GRS, any of your committee planning to use public transport for Saturday's game should be aware that Cockfosters station will be closed.  There are no Piccadilly Line trains operating north of Wood Green until Tuesday.    

Thanks for shedding some light on those projections, untll we hear anything with credibility from the FA it's all conjecture. 

Thanks for the heads up, I made my way by our car as did the rest of our committee. 

On 29/03/2021 at 11:55, Rhodes said:

Sorry, I realise this is nothing to do with the SSML Spring Cups:

Not like you to post something not to do with a thread! At least you've apologised this time

On 29/03/2021 at 18:20, Rhodes said:

the Club haven't been able to look themselves in the mirror ever since.

Probably worried that you might be lurking in the reflection

Enfield Til It Died - I thought you only posted on here when an old thread is brought back from the dead which really seems to irk you, good to hear from you anyway.