Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

22 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

The date of the Finals have yet to be decided

Karen - Really, that's strange because it was mentioned on Sunday's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show that the Final of the Gladwish Premier/Division One competition will take place on Tuesday 18 May. There appears to be a lot of mis-information about at the moment doesn't there after the Biggleswade United Chairman stated that the Spring Cup competitions had already been ratified by the blazers at the FA, is that the case now by the way.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you will not be on this forum? 🤔

I see it's been drawn North and South TBH the Southern part of the draw Group B  looks rather weak with 2 Div 1 clubs  Looks like it'll be 4 games then a Semi Final and Final so max 6 games if yo

Great stuff, better than meaningless friendlies.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Was there a missed post above, to be honest I think Edgware Town will make a huge mistake to join the Combined Counties League, it might be an easier route to Step 4 but it won't be so enjoyable as being in the SSML, you have to be true to yourself in football and Haringey Borough, for example, took an easier route to Step 4 when they joined the Essex Senior League in 2013/14, the Club haven't been able to look themselves in the mirror ever since.

It's out of Edgware Towns hands.

SSML Spring Cup competitions have today been sanctioned by the FA. Full fixtures to be listed on Full Time and the SSML website tomorrow.

On 29/03/2021 at 16:32, GRS67 said:

I would assume that a new Division made up from the Combined Counties /Hellenic and SSML would be diluted so the standard would be difficult to ascertain from the get go

Just to say this speculative spreadsheet that is doing the rounds is quite interesting on a proposed Pyramid restructuring at the end of this season, it seems like it is going to happen rather than put it off for another year. They have Tring Athletic in the Isthmian League Central Division with Colney Heath:

Non League Projections - 2021/2022 - Google Drev

27 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Just to say this speculative spreadsheet that is doing the rounds is quite interesting on a proposed Pyramid restructuring at the end of this season, it seems like it is going to happen rather than put it off for another year. They have Tring Athletic in the Isthmian League Central Division with Colney Heath:

Non League Projections - 2021/2022 - Google Drev

This is very interesting, the only thing I would say is why are Staines placed in a relegation place to join the Combined Counties North as they were in the top 4 of the league last season but originally were placed in a relegated place based on 2019/20

Because, as I posted earlier, these projections are more then eighteen months out of date.

It is also worth bearing in mind that none of these projections has any 'official' backing, or even any acknowledgement --- they are largely 'guesstimates' cobbled together by fans and enthusiasts.  One of the most widely-quoted projections, for example, was put together by an ex-RAF man who is a season-ticket holder at Derby County.  The projection reproduced here by Rhodes is, I believe, the one put together by a supporter of NWCL Club Warrington Town.  He was posting on another forum quite recently and pointing out that this was just an exercise for his own amusement and apologised to anyone who thought that his work had any official support.

As an aside GRS, any of your committee planning to use public transport for Saturday's game should be aware that Cockfosters station will be closed.  There are no Piccadilly Line trains operating north of Wood Green until Tuesday.    

On 01/04/2021 at 23:03, agamemnon3 said:

Because, as I posted earlier, these projections are more then eighteen months out of date.

It is also worth bearing in mind that none of these projections has any 'official' backing, or even any acknowledgement --- they are largely 'guesstimates' cobbled together by fans and enthusiasts.  One of the most widely-quoted projections, for example, was put together by an ex-RAF man who is a season-ticket holder at Derby County.  The projection reproduced here by Rhodes is, I believe, the one put together by a supporter of NWCL Club Warrington Town.  He was posting on another forum quite recently and pointing out that this was just an exercise for his own amusement and apologised to anyone who thought that his work had any official support.

As an aside GRS, any of your committee planning to use public transport for Saturday's game should be aware that Cockfosters station will be closed.  There are no Piccadilly Line trains operating north of Wood Green until Tuesday.    

Thanks for shedding some light on those projections, untll we hear anything with credibility from the FA it's all conjecture. 

Thanks for the heads up, I made my way by our car as did the rest of our committee. 

On 29/03/2021 at 11:55, Rhodes said:

Sorry, I realise this is nothing to do with the SSML Spring Cups:

Not like you to post something not to do with a thread! At least you've apologised this time

On 29/03/2021 at 18:20, Rhodes said:

the Club haven't been able to look themselves in the mirror ever since.

Probably worried that you might be lurking in the reflection

Enfield Til It Died - I thought you only posted on here when an old thread is brought back from the dead which really seems to irk you, good to hear from you anyway.

On 30/03/2021 at 19:59, Karen Browne said:

Full fixtures to be listed on Full Time

Karen - What on earth has happened to Full Time, if it ain't broke why try to fix it, there's also a lengthy thread on another Forum complaining bitterly about it:

Full-Time | NonLeagueMatters Forums

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Karen - What on earth has happened to Full Time, if it ain't broke why try to fix it, there's also a lengthy thread on another Forum complaining bitterly about it:

Full-Time | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Yep I have to agree that I don't like the new Full Time Website format 👎 At the moment it's putting me off going on the Full Time Website as much as I used to to be honest.

Edited by Savagebee
7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Karen - What on earth has happened to Full Time, if it ain't broke why try to fix it

I suggest you send all complaints to the FA, they decided to change it without any feedback from the leagues using it.

8 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yep I have to agree that I don't like the new Full Time Website format 👎 At the moment it's putting me off going on the Full Time Website as much as I used to to be honest.

Fully agree, that bouncing ball needs kicking into touch ASAP. 

19 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

I suggest you send all complaints to the FA, they decided to change it without any feedback from the leagues using it.

What are you views of the new WGS player registration portal?

4 hours ago, petethegreek said:

What are you views of the new WGS player registration portal?

As I dont register players I have no views due to never using the system

Spring Cup fixtures for the next two weeks, sadly all group ties are behind closed doors although in some cases I'm sure it will be possible to inconspicuously watch from some vantage point:

Saturday 10 April
The Gladwish SSML Spring Cup
Group A

Baldock Town v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos (at County Ground, Letchworth)
Dunstable Town v Shefford Town & Campton
Newport Pagnell Town v Biggleswade United

Group B
Leverstock Green v Colney Heath
Rayners Lane v Harefield United

Division Two Spring Cup
Group A
Berkhamsted Raiders v Sarratt (at Kings Langley FC)
Tring Corinthians AFC v Bovingdon

Group B
New Bradwell St Peter v Buckingham United
Old Bradwell United v Mursley United

Saturday 17 April
The Gladwish SSML Spring Cup
Group A

Biggleswade United v Baldock Town
Dunstable Town v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Shefford Town & Campton v Newport Pagnell Town

GROUP B
Colney Heath v London Lions
Leverstock Green v Rayners Lane

Division Two Spring Cup
Group A

Berkhamsted Raiders v Tring Corinthians AFC (at Kings Langley FC)
Bovingdon v Totternhoe

Group B
Mursley United v MK Gallacticos
Old Bradwell United v New Bradwell St Peter

Spartan South Midlands League returns - Fixtures for the next 2 weeks - Sports Shots

Edited by Rhodes

So lets get ready to rumble then folks, Group A looks by far the most competitive doesn't it with Group B arguably a three horse race:

Billede

On 30/03/2021 at 10:27, Karen Browne said:

The date of the Finals have yet to be decided

Karen - Do you have the dates for the two Finals as yet.

A revision of kick off times for all of Saturday's Spring Cup group matches, Karen has been working her fingers to the bone this week hasn't she:

No photo description available.