Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg Play-off results and matches for the final - Sun 25th April by 07:00

Jago

On the week that the official FA Trophy Final (YES – FINAL) Hornchurch FC shirt was unveiled, it’s understandable if your interest in the normally “captivating” Prediction League play-offs is not at its normal fever-pitch level.

But you’d expect the remaining competitors to take a passing interest wouldn’t you?  Actually – no. Frankly a very poor attempt across the board... Dinamo top scored with 7.  Yes. SEVEN. Pathetic.

None of them even noticed that the Dungannon game was played on Friday night so missed the opportunity to scoop a full house. (Well actually Wivenhoe may have noticed but he’s the original honest ‘injun so heroically chose not to profiteer – he’d have lost anyway mind you).  Obviously I’m equally culpable here - though TBF the late switch was due to the Duke of Ed’s funeral and who could have predicted that?

So – it’s another year in the Pit of Despair (AKA the desolate southern suburbs of Collier Row) for Wivvers and Ozz, and a week of stomach cramps and sleeplessness for Lady Jago and Dinamo as they ponder their (limited) tactical options for the big one. 

Whichever one comes up will be going straight back down so really I’m not sure if it’s worth playing, but rules-is-rules.

PLAY-OFF SEMI FINALS :

image.png.53a92170d5332c1b6858d89f32cba50e.png

So the Final is

image.png.c66e8289efd26d60d89ccea7412bf4c3.png

Matches to predict - by Sunday 25th April at 07:00.  First goalscorer on Leeds v Man U please, time as per footballwebpages.  This will be used as the tie-breaker if necessary

Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United (07:00)
Villa (again) v The one and only true Albion.
Man City v Spurs (before extra time).
Bristol City v Luton
Dirty Leeds v Glory Glory Man United
  Time of first goal (either team) or state “no goal” :

Contingency game:
Bayern v Chelsea (Women’s Euro Cup s/f) – before extra time

Good Luck to you both.
Wemberley, Wemberley

Edited by Jago

• Jago changed the title to Pred'n Lg Play-off results and matches for the final - Sun 25th April by 07:00

Wellington Phoenix 4 v 2 Adelaide United (07:00)
Villa (again) 1 v 1 The one and only true Albion.
Man City P v P Spurs (before extra time).
Bristol City 1 v 1 Luton
Dirty Leeds 1 v 2 Glory Glory Man United
  Time of first goal (either team) or state “no goal” : 89

Contingency game:
Bayern  2 v 2 Chelsea (Women’s Euro Cup s/f) – before extra time

Wellington Phoenix 2 v 1 Adelaide United (07:00)
Villa (again) 1 v 1 The one and only true Albion.
Man City 1 v 0 Spurs (before extra time).
Bristol City 0 v 0 Luton
Dirty Leeds 2 v 0 Glory Glory Man United
  Time of first goal (either team) or state “no goal” : 12

Contingency game:
Bayern 3 v 0 Chelsea (Women’s Euro Cup s/f) – before extra time

On 20/04/2021 at 20:12, Jago said:

That's the thing about the Hatted Urchin.  You never quite know what you're going to get!

Keep it up Mr Hat.

For a wonderful moment I thought that both Mr Hat and I had reached a final and I was looking forward to the novel way that you would use "the rules" to disqualify us both. I shall instead congratulate Urchin Queen on their success in advance instead.

Wellington Phoenix 1 v 2 Adelaide United (07:00)
Villa (again) 1 v 2 The one and only true Albion.
Man City 3 v 0 Spurs (before extra time).
Bristol City 1 v 1 Luton
Dirty Leeds 1 v 3 Glory Glory Man United
  Time of first goal (either team) or state “no goal” : 19

Contingency game:
Bayern 1 v 2 Chelsea (Women’s Euro Cup s/f) – before extra time

On 22/04/2021 at 11:20, Dinamo Urchin said:

For a wonderful moment I thought that both Mr Hat and I had reached a final and I was looking forward to the novel way that you would use "the rules" to disqualify us both. I shall instead congratulate Urchin Queen on their success in advance instead.

I'd have managed somehow.    Fortunately I can leave my powder dry for a future occasion as you've truly excelled yourself by going 5-0 down after today's first three games.   And can only catch up by a max of 4 in the next two. 

Your only hope is that the League Cup Final gets cancelled or abandoned, and Chelsea win the women's Euro match.  But then you'd still have to rely on West Brom beating Villa.  So I'd crack open another botle of rioja if I were you.  Or get yourself to Wembley and dig up the pitch.

PLAY OFF FINAL HALF TIME SCORE (after 3 matches)

image.png.75c6359a1d56e6836cd850264b5ef147.png

UPDATE - It's now  LADY JAGO 9-3 DINAMO URCHIN after the end of the Milk Cup final.

The only surprise is that Dinamo has managed to get 3.

So it's a big welcome to the elite for la belle dame sans merci  (SUBJECT TO RULE 3.5 etc, etc)

Me again. 

Actually yes, I do have better things to do, but just to confirm, the final score was LADY JAGO  11-4  DINAMO URCHIN. 

URCHIN QUEEN WINS THE PLAY-OFFS.  Well Done Mrs Jago - that's all three Jagos in the Top Division.  Which is only right.

I'll bung a "closure thread" on the forum tomorrow as apparently I have better things to do now.  And actually Dinamo, yes I feel your pain in the real world after tonight's late Villa equaliser (not that it would have changed the prediction league result).