Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

any news

i just cant belive that we have no friendles arranged  sorry the trip to fc united  , so is that it thats what we have to show  oh well lets hope it will show in our next season

We have all our players back except 1 or 2 . We have signed Ken Charles who you Townies are familiar with. C O Y A ☺

Edited by Albury_Walker
Spelling

• 4 weeks later...

We had a chance over the long covid period to reset the managment set-up/playing squad/and how we want to proceed as a club in the future.

Got a feeling though that it will be the 'same old' .With probably 7 or 8 players still with us (the one's that no one else wanted),plus the usual revolving door of transient Level 7 players

In all fairness we’ve got a cracking set of Pre Season Friendlies, certainly better than most others, including 2 ‘competitive’ games v FC United and a Great looking Grays FSA day, what’s wrong with those games.?

Additionally our club always announce signings once the player has signed and forms submitted yet every year we get the moans about ‘any player news?’ Or ‘Suppose we’ve got to wait till members meeting’, it’s quite funny and comical really except those who repeat themselves are being serious ?

6 hours ago, old towner said:

Not long to go and we will find out who is in the team 

my guess is a load of park players who don’t know Andy !!!

Sorry, but are you an Enfield Town supporter? I’m pretty new to the club with Covid preventing me watching a full season yet.

all I hear and read are the positives that so much effort is being put in, everyone should be immensely proud of the club being the countries first fan owned and to be in a position to eventually celebrate its 20th Anniversary once we’ve cleared the 19th July obstacle just like most businesses are waiting 

yes i am a town supporter and from day one we have had a good side with good managers

its a pitty you dony read other reports on how good andy leese is  and not just mine 

yes i want a good team here but you will get that when we get a money man  if you can come up with an idea to bring money and players into the club we would all like to hear about them or if you are not all ready join up the go to town or become a member  ..................................................................................

I'm also looking forward to the forum this Thursday night.

Hope to hear some more about where the fundraising monies have gone (I saw some pictures on Twitter of the fitted-out club shop - looks good), maybe some slides showing any ground improvements (I won't get to Donkey Lane to see for myself until end August), and of course find out who has signed on the dotted line.

I wonder how the players (whoever they are) have kept themselves fit without competitive football for so long. The pre-season friendlies take on added significance this year. Only 2 weeks until the Spurs pre-season friendly.

Should be a good session ?

Lastly, and to offset some of the "anti-sash brigade" - I like the 20th anniversary commemorative shirt!!!! Just ordered one.

2 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

I'm also looking forward to the forum this Thursday night.

Hope to hear some more about where the fundraising monies have gone (I saw some pictures on Twitter of the fitted-out club shop - looks good), maybe some slides showing any ground improvements (I won't get to Donkey Lane to see for myself until end August), and of course find out who has signed on the dotted line.

I wonder how the players (whoever they are) have kept themselves fit without competitive football for so long. The pre-season friendlies take on added significance this year. Only 2 weeks until the Spurs pre-season friendly.

Should be a good session ?

Lastly, and to offset some of the "anti-sash brigade" - I like the 20th anniversary commemorative shirt!!!! Just ordered one.

i can't wait till it starts again. be good IF we get some good players the year  and yes i also got my order in for the shirt and  out of intersest who else has ordered one ???

3 hours ago, old towner said:

i can't wait till it starts again. be good IF we get some good players the year  and yes i also got my order in for the shirt and  out of intersest who else has ordered one ???

It’ll be my first members meeting so probably keep quiet and listen to what has been going on and what’s planned.

I think the commemorative shirt is great, very stylish, contemporary and sends out so many topical messages, just what a flag bearing fan Owned club should be doing. Well done those involved

3 hours ago, old towner said:

• 2 weeks later...

Its pleasing to see most of the squad have returned but it doesn't look Improved to me . Not too sure about one player in particular , When a player has had so many clubs you ask yourself why ?? 

2 hours ago, Out_Of_Towner said:

Its pleasing to see most of the squad have returned but it doesn't look Improved to me . Not too sure about one player in particular , When a player has had so many clubs you ask yourself why ?? 

who are you not sure of ?

On 04/07/2021 at 20:26, Bottoms Up said:

It’ll be my first members meeting so probably keep quiet and listen to what has been going on and what’s planned.

I think the commemorative shirt is great, very stylish, contemporary and sends out so many topical messages, just what a flag bearing fan Owned club should be doing. Well done those involved

Football has been tagged with too many topical messages over the last 18 months.Enough to last a lifetime.

20 hours ago, old towner said:

who are you not sure of ?

I won't name the chap concerned but I shall say this .... Signing ex Chestnuts players has never seemed to work for us in the past , Its not a progressive step in my opinion , We need to sign players that can't quite cut it at national league level , I'm sure somebody will shout me down but If we can't Improve the squad then we'll just stay as we are for another season .  There's something not quite right about our recruitment of players ... Just saying !!