Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM)

I didn't want to resurrect last season's thread of the same title and have Enfield Til It Died come on but is there a date as yet for the SSML AGM, historically it is usually the last or second last Saturday in June isn't it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2021 at 23:52, Karen Browne said:

Zoom AGM last Saturday in June 10.30am

Karen - Why is the Annual General Meeting (AGM) taking place via Zoom as was the case last year as all the pedantic restrictions will have been lifted by Saturday 26 June. Last years meeting was a French farce wasn't it (see Minutes below) which lasted all of 46 minutes with barely anything discussed:

https://www.spartansouthmidlandsleague.co.uk/ssml-agm-minutes/

Edited by Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2021 at 23:52, Karen Browne said:

Zoom AGM last Saturday in June 10.30am

Karen - Is that still the case on Saturday

7 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

AGM is now second Saturday in July

Karen - Thanks, it would have been nice to have been 'reliably' informed on here earlier as there is no mention of the change of date on the SSML website, I assume it will no longer be a Zoom AGM.

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

It remains a Zoom meeting

Karen - I'm surprised, why is that out of interest

On 23/06/2021 at 04:44, Karen Browne said:

AGM is now second Saturday in July

Karen - Also isn't it rather late in the day for an AGM, and ratification of the Constitution, with the new campaign just three weeks away

• 3 weeks later...

What a farce, why not just hold the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at a Club or venue of the League's choosing now the pedantic restrictions regarding gatherings have been lifted:

Annual General Meeting on

SATURDAY 10TH JULY STARTING AT 10.30AM

I am sure many of you have used Zoom during the last year and are familiar with how it works. Tony will be acting as host for the meeting.

We ask each club representative attending to please bear in mind the following:

⚽We have a limit of one representative per club.

⚽Attendance at the AGM is compulsory for each club.

⚽When I admit you to the meeting, please state your name and the club your represent.

⚽We need this for record purposes. Once confirmed, please press the mute button on your computer screen. This is to avoid any background noise, as other people are admitted to the meeting.

⚽During the meeting please keep your mute button on; there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions. You can then unmute and if you are on video raise your hand to ask your question or make a comment. Alternatively, you can ask a question on the 'chat' button at the bottom of your screen. You can also at anytime, put a comment or a question by using the chat button even when you are muted.

⚽For those of you who do not have video, please use the chat button to ask a question.
I will repeat all of this guidance before the meeting starts.

⚽To enable everyone to be admitted so that the meeting can start on time, I will open the meeting at 10.15am.

If you have any questions about the procedure please do not hesitate to contact.
Tony.weight@ssmfl.co.uk

Move with the times.  I was at the AGM and it was really well presented and received.  Why drag everyone to one location when it works perfectly well for each of us clubs to dial in from the comfort of our home?

8 hours ago, Deano5 said:

Move with the times

Deano5 - You say that but many Chairpersons, Secretaries and other Committee members very much enjoy getting out on a Saturday in mid June to chew the fat with their 'opposite numbers' at the SSML AGM and at a chosen venue which is also very lucrative for that Club in bar takings. Last season's AGM lasted all of 46 minutes when very little, if anything, was discussed and I'm guessing it was the same last Saturday, previous AGM's held at Club's have gone on for two hours or more with no stone left unturned and with awards handed out.

Karen - Any sign of the Minutes as yet from the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) last week.

• 5 weeks later...
On 19/07/2021 at 02:49, Rhodes said:

Karen - Any sign of the Minutes as yet from the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) last week.

Karen - I can't seem to find the Minutes from the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on Saturday 10 July, shouldn't they be on the SSML website.

Before Mr Rhodes gets his knickers in a twist

I have this morning been sent the AGM minutes and have posted them on the SSML website

https://www.spartansouthmidlandsleague.co.uk/minutes-of-the-annual-general-meeting/