Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Constitution - 2021/2022

On 05/06/2021 at 02:59, Karen Browne said:

Division Two will have 18 clubs however I cannot name the new ones at this point.

Is there any news as yet Karen, we are talking four new Club's aren't we, including Eynesbury United, so you must have heard something by now. I heard on the grapevine that Risborough Rangers Development, Milton Keynes College Academy and Little Paxton Rangers, a Club based near St Neots, are possibly the other three.

Edited by Rhodes

On 03/06/2021 at 11:19, Rhodes said:

So is this how the Premier Division will look next season then, the final 'cut':

Also, is this the final 'cut' for Division One, I assume Amersham Town's appeal to leave the League failed miserably:

Billede

Appeals 

Clubs have been informed they were sent misleading information. Appeals are now taking place and are expected to have been heard by the date of the SSML AGM (26 June).

SSML Division Two – Applications from Eynesbury United, MK College Academy and Risborough Rangers Development have been accepted, bringing the constitution of the Division up to 17. There is also an application on the table from Little Paxton Rangers, who have passed a ground grading inspection, but further information is awaited, before confirmation of their acceptance.

On 09/06/2021 at 17:12, Karen Browne said:

Appeals 

Clubs have been informed they were sent misleading information. Appeals are now taking place and are expected to have been heard by the date of the SSML AGM (26 June).

Karen - What misleading information was that out of interest, I thought all appeals had already been laughed out of Court

Appeals 

It's all very odd isn't it, do we know who the eleven Club's are whose appeals will now be entertained by the FA, there's speculation on another Forum that it still includes Biggleswade United, Newport Pagnell Town, Potton United, Flackwell Heath, Amersham Town and London Tigers as well as Blackstones who prefer the SSML Division One to the Eastern Counties League Division One North:

The FA Appeal Board met on Tuesday regarding the league allocations. It decided that 11 clubs DO have the right to appeal sideways movements (or lack of). These cases can now be heard. The Board declared that 8 other clubs CAN’T appeal against the decision not to elevate them.

League Allocation Appeals 2021 | Page 8 | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Is this how Division Two is going to look next season, Sports Shots appear to think so:

2021/2 Spartan South Midlands League: Proposed divisional line ups - Sports Shots

Billede

Appeals 

Karen - Did all the appeals come to nothing, I gather one or two were being taken seriously by the FA but most of them, such as Biggleswade United, Newport Pagnell Town and Potton United, were expected to be 'laughed out of Court'. I see you have been very active on another Forum, unlike on this one:

Spartan South Midlands League 21/22 | Page 2 | NonLeagueMatters Forums

I have not spoken with all clubs but I am aware of several that have appealed (Penn are not among those that I know of).

Appeals were heard this week and again there are more appeals next week.

Clubs that had their appeals this week have been informed they will be notified next week as to outcomes of their appeals.

Karen - You are never very forthcoming are you, you must know far more than you are letting on.

I see that results of the numerous appeals are starting to filter through but nothing as yet regarding current and former SSML Club's who were unhappy about their placement. Wallingford Town have successfully appealed against their placement in the Hellenic League Division 1, Horley Town have lost their appeal against a sideways move and will play in the Combined Counties League Premier Division South, Ardley United have had their appeal upheld against their placement in the Hellenic League Premier Division, Histon FC have lost their appeal and will play in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division, Easington Sports have successfully appealed against their placement in the Hellenic League Premier Division, Bourne Town have won their appeal against a sideways move and will remain in the United Counties League Division One and, lastly for now, Congleton Town have won their appeal against a sideways move and will remain in the North West Counties League Premier Division.

Cockfosters won their appeal

Hadley lost their appeal

At this time I cannot reveal outcomes of other appeals as the clubs have not made them public

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Yes, Cockfosters won't be joining the SSML afterall then, that will leave the Premier Division 'lopsided' with just nineteen Club's:

We received formal notification yesterday by the Football Association that our appeal against a lateral move 2 the Spartan South Midlands League has been upheld. We will continue 2 compete in the Essex Senior League this coming season.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, Cockfosters won't be joining the SSML afterall then, that will leave the Premier Division 'lopsided' with just nineteen Club's:

We received formal notification yesterday by the Football Association that our appeal against a lateral move 2 the Spartan South Midlands League has been upheld. We will continue 2 compete in the Essex Senior League this coming season.

Won't be the first time the SSML Premier has had a odd number of clubs 

I'm guessing Cockfosters sits further East than Hadley who had their appeal refused and will return to the SSML 

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Hadley lost their appeal

At this time I cannot reveal outcomes of other appeals as the clubs have not made them public

That'll be Harefield United then as I know they have appealed and wish to join the Combined Counties League Premier North 

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

that will leave the Premier Division 'lopsided' with just nineteen Club's:

Actually that's not the case as Ardley United are joining us:

Billede

On 25/06/2021 at 04:49, Rhodes said:

Histon FC have lost their appeal and will play in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division

You can't have any sympathy for Histon can you for the shocking way they treated the SSML's 'favourite son' Craig Hammond during the 2009/10 campaign after he left Royston Town and prior to joining Cambridge City where he scored goals for fun, taking the Club to the Southern League Premier Division Play Offs twice and FA Cup First Round proper in 2012/13.