Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

And the team is

Have I missed something? I thought that the club's current position was going to be explained yesterday.

But OT's comment has made me somewhat apprehensive. Did the Zoom meeting actually go ahead?  Because, if it did, I was expecting today to see some sort of announcement as to when we could expect to see a summary of the proceedings.

Yes I was thinking the same     So much for us being a supporter owned club  I think important things like this should be known to us by now come on  we were told  the news would be the 8th or was that just for zoom only????

The ETFCSS meeting took place as scheduled and advertised.

Billy Highton updated attendees on the Academy, how it has grown over the years and the path for the stronger participants to the first team squad. He also talked us through the ladies section and their aggressive plans for the season. Very informative session. I hadn’t picked up that the Academy’s success is benefiting the club financially - good to hear.

Paul Reed took us through the financial challenges the club has faced and overcome. We have our first full-time employees (albeit they are on the young side)!! And on the commercial front, Paul hopes to be able to announce soon another significant sponsor (in addition to PowerDay).

Andy Leese then talked us through squad comings and goings and Scott Thomas, confirmed as club captain, gave an excellent talk on certain culture changes and initiatives he wants to pursue. 

Pending the management team finalising arrangements with a couple more players in the next week or so, there will be a formal squad announcement. I’m perfectly happy with one all-encompassing announcement after “Signing night”. Why do 2 (or more) press releases when 1 will do? But then I was born the year after England won the World Cup so don’t belong to the “I want to know and I want to know now” generation. Suffice to say for those who can’t wait, that the nucleus of last year’s squad will be back this season (forum readers already know that Ryan Blackman and Lyle Della Verde have signed for Conference South teams).

Good turnout for the Zoom meeting I thought. I had a quick look at the “gallery” and saw at least 60 accounts. Some of those had multiple people viewing.

Thanks BenJ for your comments. That was all that was wanted at this stage!!!!!!

However, do I detect a touch of WOKENESS in your comments. 

It so happens ten years before you were born, at the age of 19,  I was over the Med with my squadron on the way to Egypt. We were put on standby several weeks. before and told our objective 7 days before the event. If the MOD and the government could trust a 19 year old with that information I would have thought that a football club could trust some of it's members with updates. Especially those who over the past 15 months have in different ways supported the club financially.

It is very little to ask, it's called " PR ".

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Thanks BenJ for your comments. That was all that was wanted at this stage!!!!!!

However, do I detect a touch of WOKENESS in your comments. 

It so happens ten years before you were born, at the age of 19,  I was over the Med with my squadron on the way to Egypt. We were put on standby several weeks. before and told our objective 7 days before the event. If the MOD and the government could trust a 19 year old with that information I would have thought that a football club could trust some of it's members with updates. Especially those who over the past 15 months have in different ways supported the club financially.

It is very little to ask, it's called " PR ".

Perfectly valid observation for those pre-Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp and e-mail days. But now …… no. We can’t expect the club to share information with some (not all) of its members. Personally, I’d rather read 1 post on the website when everything is sorted, rather than piecemeal posts as and when. Each to his own…..

PS: Somebody needs to explain this wokeness thing to me ?

I suppose I was a being a bit crass BJ when I mentioned " a Touch of Wokeness". It is difficult to define what it actually means as their are different interpretations although most relate having awareness.  One "Urban interpretation"  describes it as someone  "being aware of the truth behind things that he doesn't want you to known".

Perhaps with hindsight I use the phrase incorrectly.

Looking forward to the full report soon. 

PS. In todays world it relates mainly with regard to Social and Racial awareness.

from the club website 

The squad will be slightly smaller but we expect to retain the nucleus of last season’s squad including Nathan McDonald, Jeremiah Gyebi, Josh Urquhart, Lee Chappell, Percy Kiangebeni, Junior Mubiayi, Lewis Taffe, Sam Youngs, Billy Bricknell, Adam Cunnington, Neville Nzembela and captain Scott Thomas.

Those not returning include Adam Pepera, Lyle Della-Verde, Jared Small and Ryan Blackman.

Are we in fear that no players will be signed?

its Pre Season and the management will sign who they deem fit to wear The Town shirt, players will be looking at other options too as will the management.

We’ll have more or less a full squad by Tuesday weeks Spurs game in my opinion.

sometimes better players become available closer to the opening day fixtures when trials with Conference clubs go belly up

Edited by Bottoms Up

On 09/07/2021 at 19:45, old towner said:

Yes I was thinking the same     So much for us being a supporter owned club  I think important things like this should be known to us by now come on  we were told  the news would be the 8th or was that just for zoom only????

I have never belonged to the trust as I can't see the point or the plusses of belonging to it.  "The Inner circle will only tell the members what they want you to know."