Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 3/4 August - SSML Results/Reports

This evening's scores on the doors:

Tuesday 3 August 

Premier Division

Crawley Green 0 Hadley 1

Dunstable Town 0 Milton Keynes Irish 4

Flackwell Heath 0 Ardley United 1

Harpenden Town 1 Arlesey Town 1

Holmer Green 3 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3

Leighton Town 1 Risborough Rangers 1

Leverstock Green 2 Baldock Town 0

London Colney 1 Broadfields United 4

Oxhey Jets 1 Tring Athletic 1

Division One

Amersham Town 2 Thame United Reserves 0

Ampthill Town 4 Langford 1

Buckingham Athletic 1 Kidlington Reserves 1

Penn & Tylers Green 2 Long Crendon 4

Raunds Town 1 Northampton Sileby Rangers 4

Rushden & Higham United 2 Burton Park Wanderers 2

Stotfold 4 Letchworth Garden City Eagles 1

Wellingborough Whitworth 7 Irchester United 1

Winslow United 5 London Tigers 0

Edited by Rhodes

Tuesday 3rd August

PREMIER DIVISION

0-1 Crawley Green v Hadley Attendance: 72

0-4 Dunstable Town v Milton Keynes Irish Attendance: 138

0-1 Flackwell Heath v Ardley United Attendance: 94

1-1 Harpenden Town v Arlesey Town Attendance: 139

3-3 Holmer Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos Attendance: 92

1-1 Leighton Town v Risborough Rangers Attendance: 337

2-0 Leverstock Green v Baldock Town Attendance: 105

1-4 London Colney v Broadfields United Attendance: 52

1-1 Oxhey Jets v Tring Athletic Attendance: 126

DIVISION ONE

2-0 Amersham Town v Thame United Reserves Attendance: 59

4-1 Ampthill Town v Langford Attendance: 175

1-1 Buckingham Athletic v Kidlington Reserves Attendance: 50

2-4 Penn & Tylers Green v Long Crendon Attendance: 37

1-4 Raunds Town v Northampton Sileby Rangers Attendance: 90

2-2 Rushden & Higham United v Burton Park Wanderers Attendance: 63

4-1 Stotfold v Letchworth Garden City Eagles Attendance: 317

7-1 Wellingborough Whitworth v Irchester United Attendance: 146

5-0 Winslow United v London Tigers Attendance: 112

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

DIVISION ONE

2-4 Penn & Tylers Green v Long Crendon Attendance: 37

A groundhopper from another Forum was at French School Meadows:

Spartan South Midlands Division One
Penn & Tylers Green 2 Long Crendon 4
Admission £3 (concession) Attendance c42 h/c

The result of this match looked like it was cut and dried after just 20 minutes as some dreadful Penn defending let Long Crendon coast into a 3-0 lead. Penn rallied slightly without ever looking like scoring but managed to reach half time no further behind. They pushed forward more in the second period without success and with 20 minutes to go Long Crendon added a fourth with a long range shot that the keeper really should have saved. This finally spurred Penn into some serious attacking action and within five minutes they had pulled two goals back, one from close range after a lovely right wing cross and the other a powerful header following a corner kick. They continued to press forward and came close to scoring more on several occasions but in the end Long Crendon were able to play out time and claim all the points.
Penn & Tylers Green's ground is hidden away behind some very nice looking houses in the leafy and clearly affluent village of Tylers Green which is situated in the eastern outskirts of High Wycombe. My sat nav led me back to the M40 via Penn which looked even more up market. The ground itself affords some decent views of the Chilterns. The only covered accommodation is a small stand between the two dug outs. Clubhouse and dressing rooms are separated from the pitch by a small car park and for the casual visitor it is probably easier to park on street near the adjacent village green. There is a bus service connecting to High Wycombe station but not really frequent enough to be useful for an evening kick off. 

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

PREMIER DIVISION

2-0 Leverstock Green v Baldock Town Attendance: 105

Fergus Moore gets off to a winning start:

(H) Baldock Town – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Leighton Town v Risborough Rangers Attendance: 337

A great attendance at Bell Close:

May be an image of 1 person, outdoors and text that says "to Tonight's Attendance 337 Thank you all for coming, Bell Close tonight, your support is greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoyed the evening."

18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

If I was to have one investment this evening it would be on London Colney, their supremo Jack Metcalfe is chomping at the bit to get started after a busy and productive pre-season:

Billede

Close, Rhodes. ? 

On 04/08/2021 at 09:59, Winslow Boy said:

Some great attendances. Two over 300! Hopefully this trend will continue. 

Yes, and 112 at Elmfields Gate which is decent for the visit of London Tigers who wouldn't have brought any fans. Do you know any of the players from your line up last night, I assume the majority are relatively new and have been brought in by James Green and Jordan King:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2021/08/04/ssmfld1-winslow-united-5-london-tigers-0/

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

12 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

DIVISION ONE

4-1 Stotfold v Letchworth Garden City Eagles Attendance: 317

Brett Donnelly was naturally over the moon with the win last night at the New Roker Park:

https://www.thecomet.net/sport/stotfold-v-letchworth-eagles-match-report-8200334

https://www.thecomet.net/sport/stotfold-fc-reaction-v-letchworth-eagles-8200414

12 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

PREMIER DIVISION

0-4 Dunstable Town v Milton Keynes Irish Attendance: 138

What a start to the campaign in the top flight for Terry Shrieves and his men including a clinical brace from, who else, Mason Spence, born and bred in Milton Keynes and a former professional: 

https://mkirishfc.co.uk/dunstable-town-0-4-mk-irish/

Billede

It wasn’t a bad game up to around the last few minutes, someone said something, and it all kicked off, with handbags being thrown about, and some very unhelpful things being shouted from the crowd, and a referee who didn’t seem to know what to do. I hope this is a very rare incident, as it doesn’t show either side in a good light, especially as there were some young kids there.

Sorry, I forgot to say that I was at the Flackwell Heath v Ardley Utd game last night.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, and 112 at Elmfields Gate which is decent for the visit of London Tigers who wouldn't have brought any fans. Do you know any of the players from your line up last night, I assume the majority are relatively new and have been brought in by James Green and Jordan King:

Billede

Only Ryan Freshwater, this generations Mr Winslow. 

45 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Incident packed game. ? 

Must be why one club marked the referee in single figures, I wonder what marks they would give to his assistants LOL

3 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Incident packed game. ? 

I thought you were on the Oxhey Jets v Tring Athletic game on Tuesday evening

Bedford are off to a flier again this season:

Wednesday 4 August 

Division One

Bedford 3 Shefford Town & Campton 2

On 03/08/2021 at 23:25, Karen Browne said:

DIVISION ONE

4-1 Ampthill Town v Langford Attendance: 175

What a lame excuse from Ampthill Town, there must have been someone in the large attendance of 175 willing to pen a match report:

Due to various technical issues, there will be no match report from Tuesdays game versus Langford…

Edited by Rhodes

25 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 4 August 

Division One

Bedford 3 Shefford Town & Campton 2

A groundhopper from another Forum was  at McMullen Park:

Spartan South Midlands Division One
Bedford 3 Shefford & Campton 2
Admission £3 (concession) Attendance c102 h/c

An enjoyable local derby with the result in doubt right up to the final whistle. Shefford, resplendent in an unusual strip of maroon shirts and dark grey shorts, were the first to show having a goal ruled out for offside in an early attack but it was Bedford who opened the scoring midway through the half with a close range header. The lead was doubled shortly afterward when the keeper could only parry a shot and the rebound was forced home. Just before the break a flurry of Shefford corners led to a powerful header against the bar but Bedford went for their half time rest two goals up.
Anybody late back from the bar would have missed the most significant action of the second half as Shefford pulled themselves level within five minutes, one goal coming from a left wing corner headed in at the near post and the second direct from a free kick from slightly closer in. All their good work was undone though virtually from the restart when some slack defending allowed a shot which the keeper couldn't hold leaving the Bedford forward an open goal to tap into. Shefford continued to press for a second equaliser but weren't helped by two needless sin- binnings for dissent, the offenders probably following the example of their vociferous manager who berated the referee throughout the match. I'm pleased to say that the official paid not the slightest attention to his rantings. Shefford did have the ball in the net ten minutes from the end but again they were frustrated by the offside flag and Bedford took this as the signal to enter game management mode and play out time.
McMullen Park is situated just south of the Bedford bypass immediately adjacent to Bedford Town's ground. The ground is not a thing of beauty with the entrance through the car park and between a range of portacabins that provide clubhouse, dressing rooms and I presume other facilities. Further on you arrive at the pitch with a small seated area and some covered standing on one side and the dugouts on the other. Tonight entrance was by ticket which had to be bought from behind the bar. An unusual arrangement but actually quite effective as like me most attendees took the opportunity to buy refreshments.

Tuesday 3rd August

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Oxhey Jets v Tring Athletic Attendance: 126

A groundhopper from another Forum was at the Boundary Stadium, I wonder if it was PetetheGreek's offside flag that denied Tring Athletic an opener on half an hour:

Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
Oxhey Jets 1-1 Tring Athletic
Admission £7 (inc programme), Att: 126

A 7.30 kick off puts this ground into the 'doable midweek by train' category for me, though it does mean a fairly brisk walk back to Carpenders Park station in the event of more than a couple of minutes of stoppage time. I was pleased, then, that we kicked off at 7.29 and played exactly 45 minutes in the first half with no stoppages. I was less pleased when floodlight issues meant that we didn't kick off the second half until 8.35. I watched the final couple of minutes from the car park so I could get a flier at the final whistle, and my walk back was surely of Olympic race walking standard.
Official attendance was 126, though I counted only 109 (plus a dog). The ground won't win any prizes for aesthetics, but does have a sort of charm that I can't quite put my finger on. There is a clubhouse outside but I didn't venture in it.
After a goalless first half, Oxhey took the lead within seconds of the (delayed) restart - Stead taking advantage of some static defending. Athletic's leveller came following a decent passing move - the wonderfully named Tommy Twelves getting the goal.
A draw was a fair result, though both sides will feel that they could have won. Jets were denied what looked like a penalty in the first half. The young referee, who generally had a good game, played an advantage after a foul on a striker breaking through, but, when there appeared to be a second foul in the box, he brought play back for the initial infringement. A free kick and only a yellow card seemed scant consolation. At the other end, an offside flag denied Tring an opener around the half hour mark. Both sides also hit the woodwork.

DIVISION ONE

1-1 Buckingham Athletic v Kidlington Reserves Attendance: 50

YouTube highlights from Stratford Fields:

Buckingham Athletic vs Kidlington Reserves - FIRST LEAGUE GAME OF THE 2021/22 SEASON - YouTube