Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Cheshunt

Father Jack

Wasn't there myself today  but was told it was a game of very few chances.  ?

3 hours ago, old towner said:

I was and you missed a good game and a great goal by Mo  even with the ref on your side you still failed to beat us 

Yes what  great club you have here no food for the away team after the match what a discrace your players will be treated with respect at our place, who the hell do you think you are !

1 hour ago, old towner said:

Is that all you can come up with  no food  ffs

one good thing from the game ....... we won ???????????????????????????

Not complaining about the result a tight game decided by one bit of quaility but to provide nothing for the away team after the match is an absolute joke and shows what kind of club you are, zero class. See you in the return where the Town players will be well looked after, i hope some of the Town fans had a safe return to Royston Vasey.

33 minutes ago, Sweetnicker said:

Not complaining about the result a tight game decided by one bit of quaility but to provide nothing for the away team after the match is an absolute joke and shows what kind of club you are, zero class. See you in the return where the Town players will be well looked after, i hope some of the Town fans had a safe return to Royston Vasey.

I was chatting to an old school friend when all I heard behind me was apparently ‘a senior Cheshunt official’ addressing his Enfield Town FC counterpart as a ‘f#%king W’ and ‘the lot of you are f#%king W’s’ in a bellowing fashion-and you’re highlighting ‘class’ ?

I asked what all the shenanigans were about and was told that home teams no longer need to provide post match hospitality/food to opposition players this season.

Enfield Towns officials apparently informed Cheshunt of this in accordance to league rules as part of confirmation of the fixture.

I’d suggest the Cheshunt counterpart reads his information thoroughly in future so that Cheshunt officials are not made to look like Classless foul mouthed and alcohol infused idiots in front of visitors in future.

You are crying the victim but the creators of your own whinge.

I have been told that all clubs need to either ask if opponents would like post match food or not, in which case the same must be offered in a return fixture or the opponent is informed there will be no food provided in which you make your own arrangements.

Maybe find someone who can be a respectable official and who can relay information back to those who can’t read and write 

1 hour ago, Bottoms Up said:

I was chatting to an old school friend when all I heard behind me was apparently ‘a senior Cheshunt official’ addressing his Enfield Town FC counterpart as a ‘f#%king W’ and ‘the lot of you are f#%king W’s’ in a bellowing fashion-and you’re highlighting ‘class’ ?

I asked what all the shenanigans were about and was told that home teams no longer need to provide post match hospitality/food to opposition players this season.

Enfield Towns officials apparently informed Cheshunt of this in accordance to league rules as part of confirmation of the fixture.

I’d suggest the Cheshunt counterpart reads his information thoroughly in future so that Cheshunt officials are not made to look like Classless foul mouthed and alcohol infused idiots in front of visitors in future.

You are crying the victim but the creators of your own whinge.

I have been told that all clubs need to either ask if opponents would like post match food or not, in which case the same must be offered in a return fixture or the opponent is informed there will be no food provided in which you make your own arrangements.

Maybe find someone who can be a respectable official and who can relay information back to those who can’t read and write 

I noticed you used the word apparently a couple of times so you are not really 100% sure of the facts are you? I look forward to the return fixture when we lay on a banquet for the Town players.

6 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

I noticed you used the word apparently a couple of times so you are not really 100% sure of the facts are you? I look forward to the return fixture when we lay on a banquet for the Town players.

I use the word apparently, similar to allegedly, as unless you’re privy or copied into the emails sent then it’s not 100%, bit like not knowing the case of crime unless you’re in the courts to hear the evidence, but I’m satisfied that the source I spoke with my comments above are 99.9% spot on.

Seems like you’re keener on food than the football, I shed to imagine what a banquet looks like in Cheshunt ?, however the rules state you must ask if your opponents want to take up the offer or if you’re not gonna offer. Unfortunately forcing food/hospitality on opposition club players isn’t one of the leagues criteria. Best stick to the rules. 

I see you’re not contesting anything though, hope your officials were classy enough to apologise for their foul mouthed outburst which I witnessed and was 100% 

Edited by Bottoms Up

Getting the thread back to the subject of the game .(... but I will say that I can't believe any of the hardworking volunteers at the town would do anything unprofessional to any opponent ...)

My first competitive game of the season and lots of positives ...

.. yes, postiive buzz about the place, the WWE tie I think will really pay dividends 

- almost 700 in the crowd - - a winning team with a vocal crowd can keep those numbers up!

- some nice football played by us

- a very well worked goal

- ecstatic to have Mo back, but I do think Cunnington looks a real handful for opponents and will be key to us as well

- new players all look up to standard 

- we seem to be tougher at the back and battling hard as a team - 3 clean sheets in a row !!

- hats off to the management who are changing tactics mid game - historically there was a view that we left it too late - the last sub and moving to a back 5 at the end worked well

- the players seem to have a good team spirit 

- when I remember how disappointed I was leaving the Spurs game having brought 2 people along, full credit to Andy + Mario!!

Of course lets be realistic:

- we are just 4 games in

- I think the long aimless ball forward should be used more sparingly - we have the players to pass on the ground more

- felt like Cheshunt played better football than us at times in the 1st half 

- squad seems small - do we have the depth to cope with injuries - eg Josh's looked serious - get well soon - think he is a real rock at the back, and if he is out for a bit do we have adequate cover?

Favourite chant of the day: "You're just a sh*t Jack Grealish" aimed at Sam Youngs!!!

A few questions:

- why was Percy not in the squad - assume injured or unavailable?

- have the league published what they will do if the season is cut short again due to covid? Points per game, all play once? After 2 wasted seasons would be good to know.

- Given Covid could come back in the winter, why arent there any midweek games at the start of the season?

Up the Town!

On 30/08/2021 at 22:43, Sweetnicker said:

Yes what  great club you have here no food for the away team after the match what a discrace your players will be treated with respect at our place, who the hell do you think you are !

Wow do you realise how bitter you are coming across in your posts, and you accuse us of having "zero class" If an EnfieldTown supporter had posted rants like yours I would have been very embarrassed.

8 hours ago, Raingod said:

Getting the thread back to the subject of the game .(... but I will say that I can't believe any of the hardworking volunteers at the town would do anything unprofessional to any opponent ...)

My first competitive game of the season and lots of positives ...

.. yes, postiive buzz about the place, the WWE tie I think will really pay dividends 

- almost 700 in the crowd - - a winning team with a vocal crowd can keep those numbers up!

- some nice football played by us

- a very well worked goal

- ecstatic to have Mo back, but I do think Cunnington looks a real handful for opponents and will be key to us as well

- new players all look up to standard 

- we seem to be tougher at the back and battling hard as a team - 3 clean sheets in a row !!

- hats off to the management who are changing tactics mid game - historically there was a view that we left it too late - the last sub and moving to a back 5 at the end worked well

- the players seem to have a good team spirit 

- when I remember how disappointed I was leaving the Spurs game having brought 2 people along, full credit to Andy + Mario!!

Of course lets be realistic:

- we are just 4 games in

- I think the long aimless ball forward should be used more sparingly - we have the players to pass on the ground more

- felt like Cheshunt played better football than us at times in the 1st half 

- squad seems small - do we have the depth to cope with injuries - eg Josh's looked serious - get well soon - think he is a real rock at the back, and if he is out for a bit do we have adequate cover?

Favourite chant of the day: "You're just a sh*t Jack Grealish" aimed at Sam Youngs!!!

A few questions:

- why was Percy not in the squad - assume injured or unavailable?

- have the league published what they will do if the season is cut short again due to covid? Points per game, all play once? After 2 wasted seasons would be good to know.

- Given Covid could come back in the winter, why arent there any midweek games at the start of the season?

Up the Town!

Well said Raingod, early days still but a great start 38 games to go and lots of ups and downs to experience.

However for the first time in Andy’s reign the squad has proven experience and leaders, we just need to keep free of serious injuries and take full advantage of any Lady Luck moments I.e Folkestone’goal’ on Saturday and Beckles hitting the inside of the post on Monday

I’d imagine 4 points was the target for management’s decision now an FA Cup win is vital to beef up our coffers

5 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

I’d imagine 4 points was the target for management’s decision now an FA Cup win is vital to beef up our coffers

Dereham had a good win against Hashtag Utd at the weekend. Highlights are here if you want to get an idea of what we're up against.

I echo nearly all of the points in Raingod’s post. All I add is I thought big Jerry had an outstanding game at the back - he was my man of the match. He won pretty much everything in the air and I can recall only 1 dicey moment with the ball at his feet during the first half, which he recovered from well. His positioning was excellent all game. Pace isn’t his strength but the rest of the defence do have pace so if they play as a unit, which is exactly what they did against Cheshunt, we will continue to be difficult to score against. The central pairing of Gyebi and Bray look a good combination. 

I hope Josh Urquhart’s injury is not long term - never nice to see a player stretchered off. Also hope Percy is available for the next game, though I thought both Manny Maja and Andre Coker had good games on Saturday too.

Let’s hope this cracking start to the season continues on Saturday, though unfortunately I won’t be there to see it. The shifting sands call again ….

On 31/08/2021 at 12:40, Sweetnicker said:

Yeah and we'll slip some exlax in it for good measure ???

Edited by Albury_Walker
Spelling

On 31/08/2021 at 08:14, old towner said:

Is that all you can come up with  no food  ffs

one good thing from the game ....... we won ???????????????????????????

I call it tight fisted and penny pinching myself . Your committee should be ashamed of themselves . But thats who you vote in ....Not that there's much of  an alternative ???

A great game V a strong Chesunt side I thought we coped really well as a team and individually , the atmosphere was really great with almost 700 credit to all the volunteers and staff once again Jerry stood a rock at the back with his defending a proper defender especially of being a tender age he has a bright future also Maja and captain scott in the midfield is working well with the protection they give to the back 4 , Maja has fitted in the best I’m very impressed with what he brings to the team . I do hope we can continue this and let’s see what happens