Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup - 2021/22

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

was PetetheGreek assigned to this game out of interest

Do you live in some strange universe

County Cup ties are officiated by County officials so unless he has moved to Buckinghamshire the chance of him being appointed is as rare as you attending a SSML game

How do we see this one going this evening:

Tuesday 12 October

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Qualifying Round

Abingdon United v Amersham Town

Billede

Amersham Town unfortunately fell at the first fence in their Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Qualifying Round tie at Abingdon United on Tuesday evening, losing 3-1 despite taking an early lead, seeing the hosts miss a spot kick at 1-1 and playing against ten men whilst still at 1-1. Abingdon United now entertain Holmer Green in the Second Qualifying Round, date to be confirmed.

On 10/10/2021 at 01:37, Rhodes said:

A close call for Terry Shrieves men at Step 6 side Woodley United however that only tells half, sorry, a quarter of the story, one of the Officials arrived very late having gone to the wrong ground and another failed to show up at all, was PetetheGreek assigned to this game out of interest:

Saturday 9 October 

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Qualifying Round
Woodley United 1 Milton Keynes Irish 1 (Milton Keynes Irish win 6-5 on pens)

It's a Berks & Bucks game.

My parent CFA is London and I am an associate member with Middlesex.

So officially, nothing to do with me. ?

This evening's scheduled Second Qualifying Round tie between Long Crendon and Langley will take place at Thame United FC, kick off 7.45pm, and not at Oxford City FC as erroneously stated on Full Time, tut tut:

Tuesday 26 October (kick off 7.45pm)

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Qualifying Round
Long Crendon v Langley

May be an image of ‎2 people and ‎text that says "‎NEXT UP BERKS & BUCKS COUNTY CUP TUESDAY 26TH OCTOBER 7:45PM Ûhame United FC, Thame OX9 3RN LONG LONGCRENDONEC CRENDON و PROPERTY SOLUTIONS 2010 LEON USI FOUNDED FOUNDED188 1886 NULLI SECUNDUS LANGLEY FC ۔ MEDIA SPONSOR 21/22 PES PROPERTY 3 SOLUTIONS VEHICLE HIRE Local ndepenene Vehicle Hire Aylesbury |High Wycombe |Long Crendon PHYSICAL www.3bhire.co.uk FIRST FOR FITNESS SOLUTIONS‎"‎‎

Long Crendon did the business last night then but I believe made heavy weather of it with Captain Oli Lethbridge netting in the first period

Tuesday 26 October 
Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Qualifying Round
Long Crendon 1 Langley 0 (at Thame United FC)

Billede

An update:

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Qualifying Round 

Abingdon United v Homer Green (Tuesday 2 November, kick off 7.45pm)

Ascot United v Newport Pagnell Town (Tuesday 16 November, kick off 7.45pm)

Wallingford Town AFC v  Buckingham Athletic (Tuesday 2 November, kick off 7.45pm)

Milton United v  Flackwell Heath (Tuesday 2 November, kick off 7.45pm)

Long Crendon 1 Langley 0

Sandhurst Town v Reading City (Tuesday 9 November, kick off 7.45pm)

Woodley United 1 Milton Keynes Irish 1 (Milton Keynes Irish win 6-5 on pens)

Fixtures - Berks & Bucks FA (berks-bucksfa.com)

Three ties this evening involving Holmer Green, Flackwell Heath and Buckingham Athletic who can hopefully join Long Crendon and Milton Keynes Irish in the draw for the First Round proper along with the likes of of Milton Keynes Dons, Reading and Wycombe Wanderers:

Tuesday 2 November (kick off 7.45pm)
Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Qualifying Round
Abingdon United v Holmer Green
Milton United v Flackwell Heath
Wallingford Town v Buckingham Athletic

Disappointingly only Flackwell Heath made it through last night leaving just three SSML Club's left in the competition to fight another day:

Tuesday 2 November
Abingdon United 1 Holmer Green 1 (Abingdon United win 5-4 on pens)
Milton United 1 Flackwell Heath 3
Wallingford Town 1 Buckingham Athletic 0

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:
Tuesday 2 November
Milton United 1 Flackwell Heath 3

A groundhopper from another Forum was at this one and makes an interesting point about 'boundaries', Milton is in darkest Oxfordshire, three miles from Didcot. Disappointing attendance:

Berks and Bucks Senior Trophy 1st Round.
Milton United 1-3 Flackwell Heath. Admission £5/£2, Programme no, attendance of about 35.
A strong feeling of CBA Ness' after 90 minutes of morning walking football had me in and out of a sleepy stupor all day and I chose the closest to home option.
On a cold but thankfully still night this game was well very 'meh' as Step 5 Heath had Milton under control by half time being already two up. Adding a third early in the second half whilst I was sipping a warming coffee, it felt already game over. In fact MU got one back shortly after but never seriously looked like scoring again as the game petered out.
For those not been there recently, the access to the ground from the Didcot side has a road closure and is inaccessible, you need to drive to the pack horse pub and turn left, or right if you are coming down the hill. I spent 10/15 minutes amongst the houses in Milton Heights trying to find a route into the ground, thankfully a lady in the school car park gave me the heads up on the route. And we had an Isthmian League KO time of 1948, so I just made it for kick off.
No changes at the ground since my last visit about 18 months/ 2 years ago, although the trees to the left of the stand by the road have certainly. grown. They normally do a programme here, but probably expecting a tiny 'gate' and didn't bother, I don't blame them. Just crisps and chocolate for food, again I think they offer more than that for most games. Home in 10 minutes to thaw out.... And I've no idea why an Oxfordshire club are playing in this competition? They were in Berkshire until the boundary changes in the early 70s, but that was a long time ago!

• 4 weeks later...

Two First Round proper ties involving the remaining SSML Club's tomorrow evening, Long Crendon host Southern League Division One Central  Aylesbury United on Wednesday 8 December:

Tuesday 30 November (kick off 7.45pm)

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Round
Binfield v Milton Keynes Irish
Flackwell Heath v Sandhurst Town

https://www.berks-bucksfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2021-2022/senior-cup/fixtures

A horrendous evening for Milton Keynes Irish and Flackwell Heath who both exit the Berks and Bucks Senior Cup leaving just Long Crendon flying the flag:

Tuesday 30 November 

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Round
Binfield 2 Milton Keynes Irish 1
Flackwell Heath 1 Sandhurst Town 1 (Sandhurst Town won 4-3 on 
pens)

On 29/11/2021 at 19:40, Rhodes said:

Long Crendon host Southern League Division One Central  Aylesbury United on Wednesday 8 December

A little early but lets get ready to rumble, there should be a decent crowd at the ASM Stadium for the First Round tie unless a beleaguered Boris Johnson steps in beforehand with the inevitable lockdown:

Billede

• 1 month later...

An update on the Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup, Long Crendon triumphed over 'big boys' Aylesbury United on Wednesday 8 December, 5-4 on penalties after an exciting 2-2 draw, and are the only SSML Club remaining in the competition with Holmer Green, Buckingham Athletic, Milton Keynes Irish and Flackwell Heath all having tamely bitten the dust. Long Crendon entertain Isthmian League South Central Division Binfield tomorrow evening in a Second Round tie:

Wednesday 19 January (kick off 7.45pm)

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Round
Long Crendon v Binfield (at Thame United FC)

Fixtures - Berks & Bucks FA (berks-bucksfa.com)

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Long Crendon triumphed over 'big boys' Aylesbury United on Wednesday 8 December, 5-4 on penalties after an exciting 2-2 draw

Some belated photographs and a report from the exciting tie courtesy of photographer Mike Snell:   

Match Details - Long Crendon 2-2 Aylesbury United - BBSC - 8th December 2021 | Aylesbury United FC

Long Crendon v Aylesbury United 2021

What a win for Long Crendon last night against Step 4 opposition and having trailed at the break:

Wednesday 19 January 

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Second Round
Long Crendon 2 Binfield 1 (at Thame United FC)

Quarter Final Draw

Chesham United v Reading FC
Long Crendon v Wycombe Wanderers
Beaconsfield Town v MK Dons
Didcot Town v Ascot United or Thatcham Town

All ties are to be played mid-week and by no later than Monday 28th February 2022.

Karen - Thanks for posting the Quarter Final draw, I gather the Long Crendon v Wycombe Wanderers tie will be played on Tuesday 15 February, kick off 7.45pm, however it is not on Full Time as yet:

Billede

• 4 weeks later...

I beIieve the The ASM Stadium has a 3g surface so no probIems with the Long Crendon v Wycombe Wanderers Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup Quarter FinaI tie going ahead this evening in front of an expected record attendance for the CIub. UnfortunateIy Long Crendon found themseIves 1-0 down after just five minutes of the proceedings however that is the score at the intervaI:  

The Big Match Preview: Long Crendon vs Wycombe Wanderers - Wycombe Wanderers (wwfc.com)

Billede

Edited by Rhodes